Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I call myself a geek.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options

We need to prove nothing to no one. I have been doing this "nerd thing" long before it was trendy. Matter of fact, I will kick trendy's *kitten*. Not with my muscles, but with my brain.

Truth! :drinker:
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mr5a11unVz1r9b6k3o1_500.gif
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna have to watch The Guild now... I liked that actress in Eureka and really didn't appreciate her demise...
  • gakette420
    gakette420 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I was a nerd before it was popular to be a nerd. In the late 70's used to program handheld calculators so I use metrological data and get more accuracy out of ballistic firing table for our mortars (we used slide rules before that).

Went to college and owned my nerdiness.

And now (at 60) I am still owning my nerdiness :-)

That's bad *kitten*! Will you adopt me? ;)
  • gakette420
    Options
    I'm with you all, D&D player, computers in every room of my house, model of the Death Star and X-wing fighter in my office, etc....

Yes! PCs in every room and 4 in the living room. One for each family member and an extra. LAN parties are always at our house as well as D&D. :)
  • gakette420
    Options
    I'm pretty sure our house has more bookshelves than I have pairs of shoes that I actually wear.

This! lol

LOL Six book shelves and three pairs of shoes. Deffinitley a nerd girl here. lol
  • gakette420
    Options
    tumblr_mr5a11unVz1r9b6k3o1_500.gif

Gotta love Chewie! I can do perfect Wookie sounds. :)
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I want this dog...

Chewbacca+Dog.+badass_f9e133_3640355.jpg
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    star_trek_transporter_symbol__05863.jpg
  • gakette420
    Options
    I want this dog...

Chewbacca+Dog.+badass_f9e133_3640355.jpg

Me too!
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    True story.

ry%3D400

I've seen this before, but really... There aren't really people who own more shoes than books? I mean, seriously. Just one bookshelf is more than a whole closet full of shoes.

I know it's a shocking thought, and it truly pains my soul, but I think that there are people who *gasp* might only own a handful of books. *shudders*

I don't have a lot of books (though I do have more than shoes) simply because I go to the library (it's right next door to where I work)... and my mom is like a book hoarder and I don't want the (don't hate me for saying this) clutter like she had. My library card gets a lot of use though.

that totally counts!

Ha, that was my first thought, that a person who owns more shoes than books must be using the library! Or selling their books as soon as they are done with them. Because I genuinely can't imagine people not reading EVER.
    I'm pretty sure our house has more bookshelves than I have pairs of shoes that I actually wear.

I am absolutely certain of this in my house. Hell, we have more computers than I have pairs of shoes.
    I'm gonna have to watch The Guild now... I liked that actress in Eureka and really didn't appreciate her demise...

WELL worth it. Trust me!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options

WELL worth it. Trust me!

Hmm, gonna have to investigate The Guild now
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    ry%3D400
  • Jess__I__Can
    Jess__I__Can Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I want to never leave this thread. Never. Ever.
  • Jess__I__Can
    Options
    3673847_ori.jpg

Two words: Uh, yes.
  • Atrocity108
    Atrocity108 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Most of the people who say they're "nerds" probably aren't. It's just cool to say you're a nerd these days. The bar is low in terms of criteria. Play video games? You can say you're a nerd (which is silly by the way because everyone in the post Nintendo generations grew up gaming). You don't even have to be smart anymore like the good old days. You don't need an odd hobby like collecting and mounting bugs.

a hipster nerd?

41Q9Dtz.gif

TYVaMQZ.jpg

^this
  • romach79
    romach79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    What's the difference between a nerd and a geek? I get them confused.
  • Jess__I__Can
    Options
    I have two daughters:

Korbyn (named after Korben Dallas / The Fifth Element): getting a tattoo like this, with her name in the middle as the fifth element
    73928391e0654d77a03485a47b83f87a.jpg

Serenity (named from Firefly): getting a Serenity tattoo, not sure what

These are both my rewards for hitting my FINAL goal.
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    I have two daughters:

Korbyn (named after Korben Dallas / The Fifth Element): getting a tattoo like this, with her name in the middle as the fifth element
    73928391e0654d77a03485a47b83f87a.jpg

Serenity (named from Firefly): getting a Serenity tattoo, not sure what

These are both my rewards for hitting my FINAL goal.

That is so awesome!!

*goes off to come up with awesome nerdtastic names for my children in potentia that I'll have with my husand in potentia*