DIE DIE DIE!!!

Options

Replies

• russkiballerina
    russkiballerina Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'd add some health myths as well, since these are all pseudo medicine and woo.

01. Oil Pulling
    02. Homeopathy
    03. Chiropractic
    05. Feng Shui
    06. Naturopathy
    07. Pretty much all "Eastern Medicine"
    08. Acupuncture
    09. Chelation "Therapy"
    10. The Pro-Disease, anti-vaccination crowd of celebs like Jenny McCarthy

All of that is crap and in some cases dangerous.
    +100

YES. THIS. ALL OF THIS 1000X.
  • ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    1200 calories.

But its SO hard for me to even reach the 1200 every day! What should I eat?! :wink:
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    Everything that you said. I'd expand on the first one, though.

1. Cardio for "toning"
    1200 calories.

tumblr_inline_n5rxbfsjVd1s2u39m.gif

Ah yes, the mythical magic twelve hundred ! It's like a rainbow unicorn.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    That you must eat every 4 hours...6 small meals a day to "boost your metabolism." So, are you supposed to wake up in the middle of the night to eat??
    No thanks, Intermittent Fasting, FTW!!
  • mblair1968
    mblair1968 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    anything that says to ABSOLUTELY avoid:

"Miracle" cures, weight loss.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    How about that "corset training" is a good idea? ... Especially in the gym.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    "Chemical" or "synthetic compound" = evil, bad, dangerous
  • jcreazy
    jcreazy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    When people say that muscle weighs more than fat.

NO, IT DOESN'T!!!! 1kg of muscle weighs EXACTLY THE SAME as 1kg of fat, it's the surface area that is the difference!!!! BAH!

:angry:

If you took a cubic inch of fat and a cubic inch of muscle, the muscle would way more because it is more dense. Technically muscle does way more that fat. If someone said a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat then they would be wrong.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

NO, IT DOESN'T!!!! 1kg of muscle weighs EXACTLY THE SAME as 1kg of fat, it's the surface area that is the difference!!!! BAH!

If you took a cubic inch of fat and a cubic inch of muscle, the muscle would way more because it is more dense. Technically muscle does way more that fat. If someone said a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat then they would be wrong.

^this. "Muscle weighs more than fat" implies unitary equivalence. Do cars weigh more than children? NO BECAUSE 1KG OF CARS WEIGHS THE SAME AS 1KG OF CHILDREN!
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I hate when people say you shouldn't eat wheat.

Me too, glutin is not devils food. Get off that soapbox unless you have Celiac disease.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options

More accurately, it's the volume that's the difference... :flowerforyou:
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'd add some health myths as well, since these are all pseudo medicine and woo.

01. Oil Pulling
    02. Homeopathy
    03. Chiropractic
    05. Feng Shui
    06. Naturopathy
    07. Pretty much all "Eastern Medicine"
    08. Acupuncture
    09. Chelation "Therapy"
    10. The Pro-Disease, anti-vaccination crowd of celebs like Jenny McCarthy

All of that is crap and in some cases dangerous.

What happened to number 4?

I will respectfully disagree on number 3. I had one for 7 years and he did wonders for me.

The one I would like to see go away isn't a myth. Its the OP who keeps creating new profiles every couple of days and posts a dozen or so times in about 10 minutes selling Tarot card reading or other nonsense. Its the same post copy and pasted over and over. The title always includes the international calling number. And he/she always shows up around midnight EST in the US.
  • foxsylph
    foxsylph Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Clean foods being a necessity for weight-loss or certain types of food being absolute no-no's.

Spot reduction and 'toning'
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options

I will respectfully disagree on number 3. I had one for 7 years and he did wonders for me.

The one I would like to see go away isn't a myth. Its the OP who keeps creating new profiles every couple of days and posts a dozen or so times in about 10 minutes selling Tarot card reading or other nonsense. Its the same post copy and pasted over and over. The title always includes the international calling number. And he/she always shows up around midnight EST in the US.
    WTF??? Are you serious? Are you accusing me of being a spammer?? Please explain.
  • Karkenna
    Karkenna Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    All you need to do to lose weight is more cardio! Cardio for everyone! You get cardio! You get cardio, and you get cardio! Yay, Oprah...I mean, CARDIO!
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options

3. Cleanse/detox. My favourite is the coffee enema because we all know shoving a double espresso up your *kitten* will totally clean your liver.

I know this is off topic, but the idea of "shoving a double espresso up your ***" reminds me of beer chicken. Now I have this image of somebody doing some sort of bizarre sweat detox all while flavoring his/her innards with a starbucks venti mocha latte.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options

When people say that I feel like it's more an error in phrasing than an actual myth. The thought behind it is right, it's just worded in a nonsensical manner.

Or they simply mean that an equal volume of muscle weighs more than an equal volume of fat. You wouldn't compare 1 pound of feathers to 1 pound of lead when people say lead weighs more than feathers, would you? It's just illogical.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    The wine I am drinking.
    But if your chiropractor was administering anything akin to physical therapy, you were really just doing something akin to physical therapy.

Or it's placebo.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

WTF??? Are you serious? Are you accusing me of being a spammer?? Please explain.

I don't think the poster meant you.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    What are the top fitness/nutrition myths you would like to straight up murder?

Mine:
    1. Spot reduction/toning
    2. Carbs are bad and evil like satan
    3. Cleanse/detox. My favourite is the coffee enema because we all know shoving a double espresso up your *kitten* will totally clean your liver.
    Can't you make a few more educational posts on here? I'd like to .. read them.. :love: :laugh: