DIE DIE DIE!!!

Options

Replies

• Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    (posted by srsly britt)

5. "Clean eating"--I washed my food as best I could, why do you keep calling it dirty? :grumble:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: ok...I just gotta say srsly britt... this one had me spewing my water all over my keyboard from laughter.. too funny!!!! Thanks for the giggle...... and the bath for my puter!!! great thread btw peeps! still chuckling... :drinker:
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,082 Member
    Options
    wait... you replied to someone with "Oh, you are one of THOSE people" and you're lecturing others about how they respond to posts?

Negative on that one... I responded "Oh, you are one of THOSE people" to the b****y comment... get some situational awareness. There was no lecturing. But read it as you wish...

" tell me more about how my metabolism changes while I sleep" is a *****y comment??????

Also you haven't yet answered clarifying which of the myths you think are realities.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    wait... you replied to someone with "Oh, you are one of THOSE people" and you're lecturing others about how they respond to posts?

Negative on that one... I responded "Oh, you are one of THOSE people" to the b****y comment... get some situational awareness. There was no lecturing. But read it as you wish...

You perceived it as *****y... the comment didn't attack you as a person, it attacked an idea you put forward. Your comment was an ad hominem attack, i.e. directed at a person. That makes a huge difference.
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options

" tell me more about how my metabolism changes while I sleep" is a *****y comment??????

Also you haven't yet answered clarifying which of the myths you think are realities.

Yes... because of the context... which apparently you struggle to decipher...
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    The idea that somehow not eating enough will make you GAIN weight. Um, I'm not for VLCDs, but how could that possibly happen?

When people start exercising and gain or maintain weight and then someone tells them it's muscle. Um, no, you did not gain 2 pounds of muscle in one week.
  • bcoop911
    Options
    You perceived it as *****y... the comment didn't attack you as a person, it attacked an idea you put forward. Your comment was an ad hominem attack, i.e. directed at a person. That makes a huge difference.

I perceived it as such based on the abrasive context... it doesn't make a huge difference when the content of the "attack on a belief" is condescending to the person who suggested it... and the "THOSE people" comment wasn't referring a those who disagree, it was referring to the people that will automatically post condescending replies to someone they disagree with....
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    1. You can lose 5 lbs a day by jumping on a trampoline. :laugh:

2. Pilates/yoga stretches your muscles to give a more lean appearance. :indifferent:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Oh, you are one of THOSE people....

Right. Great support for your argument. Well Done!

I ALSO don't recall you supporting your "argument" either... just posted a B*****Y comment... but I must not realize your science background and all the studies you have done... should be a given.

I didn't make an argument. I asked for clarification about yours.

When I make an argument, I will back it up, unless I'm just theorizing - in which case I'll identify my thoughts as such.
  • dectra
    dectra Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ha!

One more reason not to like coffee......
  • bcoop911
    Options

Clarifying which ones I believe are realities would be a waste of time... because either way it will be an argument. "I heard it on this show" or "I read a blog" or some sort of reason someone believes it is false based on what the "heard."

Either way people will believe what they believe, regardless of facts or science, both directions... also based on what they perceive as facts or science... so it is pointless to argue with people who are not receptive to ones opinions if they initially disagree. I have mien you have yours... we are both entitled to them.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options

I perceived it as such based on the abrasive context... it doesn't make a huge difference when the content of the "attack on a belief" is condescending to the person who suggested it... and the "THOSE people" comment wasn't referring a those who disagree, it was referring to the people that will automatically post condescending replies to someone they disagree with....

Are y'all seriously still bickering about this?
  • bcoop911
    Options

Haha, I am over it... moving on
  • likitisplit
    Options

Sigh.

Look. If the idea was that your metabolism changed while you were sleeping, the advice would be "wait for an hour before you go to sleep" just like the old swimming myth.

The reality is that it takes between 6 and 8 hours for your food to digest in your stomach and small intestine. This means that not eating after 6 would mean that you would need to wait until midnight or 2 am to go to sleep. I don't know about you, but I go to bed between 10:30 and 11.

It's about 33 to 55 hours for it to go from consumption to elimination.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/digestive-system/expert-answers/faq-20058340

The 50 pounds I've lost says that meal timing is irrelevant.
  • likitisplit
    Options

Clarifying which ones I believe are realities would be a waste of time... because either way it will be an argument. "I heard it on this show" or "I read a blog" or some sort of reason someone believes it is false based on what the "heard."

Either way people will believe what they believe, regardless of facts or science, both directions... also based on what they perceive as facts or science... so it is pointless to argue with people who are not receptive to ones opinions if they initially disagree. I have mien you have yours... we are both entitled to them.

I'm still waiting for the fact/science to support your POV.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    (posted by srsly britt)

5. "Clean eating"--I washed my food as best I could, why do you keep calling it dirty? :grumble:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: ok...I just gotta say srsly britt... this one had me spewing my water all over my keyboard from laughter.. too funny!!!! Thanks for the giggle...... and the bath for my puter!!! great thread btw peeps! still chuckling... :drinker:

conan-bowing.gif

Glad to be of assistance!
  • neandermagnon
    Options

Post the science to back up your claims and people will consider them seriously. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of science. Nearly all the myths on the first couple of pages are myths. I would be interested in any scientific evidence proving them not to be. I go with what has the most scientific evidence. That means changing my opinion if necessary - but only when the weight of evidence warrants it.
  • neandermagnon
    Options

this is MFP though........... "I bicker therefore I am"
  • likitisplit
    Options

Post the science to back up your claims and people will consider them seriously. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of science. Nearly all the myths on the first couple of pages are myths. I would be interested in any scientific evidence proving them not to be. I go with what has the most scientific evidence. That means changing my opinion if necessary - but only when the weight of evidence warrants it.

The alternate ways of credibly supporting one's arguments on MFP include
    *presence of ripped abs
    *quantity of punctuation
    *accurate spelling and grammar
    *level of butthurt

However, to gain the most respect, links to peer reviewed articles are probably your best bet.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    1. Spot reduction/toning

Is this the wrong place to ask about Poliquin Biosignature?
  • neandermagnon
    Options

Sigh.

Look. If the idea was that your metabolism changed while you were sleeping, the advice would be "wait for an hour before you go to sleep" just like the old swimming myth.

The reality is that it takes between 6 and 8 hours for your food to digest in your stomach and small intestine. This means that not eating after 6 would mean that you would need to wait until midnight or 2 am to go to sleep. I don't know about you, but I go to bed between 10:30 and 11.

It's about 33 to 55 hours for it to go from consumption to elimination.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/digestive-system/expert-answers/faq-20058340

The 50 pounds I've lost says that meal timing is irrelevant.

........plus the fact that if it was bad to eat within a certain number of hours before sleeping, then we'd better all get into time machines and warn all the Homo erectuses about that....... though I think it might be a bit difficult to explain the concept of "8pm" to a Homo erectus....

ETA: Homo erectus mentioned twice in one thread for two different reasons... BINGO! :drinker: ..... next time I'm going for a hattrick!!