that one healthy food you hate...

Options

Replies

• Mitsuo8
    Mitsuo8 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms! Though I am slowly trying to get used to them... So far their is only one type I have tried that I am OK with. Am not sure what they were called but I had them in a bowl of ramen.
  • ameliadlt
    ameliadlt Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Maybe its the way you are eating them. I never liked beets as a kid because my mother only bought canned.

Try buying carrots fresh (not frozen) and roast them with seasoning.
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Raw tomatoes and olives.
  • prairiewalker
    prairiewalker Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    tofu :noway:
  • Ms_J1
    Ms_J1 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Spinach.
  • jstavix
    jstavix Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Avocados, tomatoes.....cannot stand either. Would rather not eat at all. Went on vacation once when I was a child. Before we got to my Aunt's house my mom said "Eat what is offered or suffer my consequence" We walk in, what does she have to eat? Tomato sandwiches! Still scarred from that experience :(
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of veggie burgers so I do not eat them. They taste like what I imagine garbage would taste like.
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Raw broccoli and raw cauliflower. Cooked is fine though for some reason lol
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms. I've never eaten a mushroom and not felt like I was chewing on a human finger.

Calamari I don't like for the same reason (though I realize it's not exactly a 'health food'). People have told me that if these foods are prepared correctly, they aren't chewy, but I've yet to experience this.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese. Major warfare over it when I was a kid. I think it tastes foul.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    KALE

I just don't get it...
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I really can't think of a healthy food I hate, though I like some more than others.
    Most of the foods I hate fall into the junk-food category. You'd have to pay me a lot of money to eat a Twinkie. Donuts make me feel unwell. Doritos? Yuck. And I'm actually allergic to bacon.
    I am living proof you can eat mostly clean and still put on weight!
  • andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Celery. Never liked it, never will.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options

This too. The only time I'll eat it is if it's mixed up in Chinese food or something and not crunchy and stringy anymore.
  • kayte660
    kayte660 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I forgot about raw tomatoes because I completely avoid them. Carrots just show up in so many things, but a raw tomato is just... blech.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Quinoa. I think it tastes like dirt...ick!

Same! I tried to force myself to eat all of the quinoa that came in the small box I purchased and couldn't do it--it ended up going to the chickens. Jasmine rice is another no-go. And peaches--peeled, they're okay, but the fuzz . . . ew.
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I hate all greens, particularly kale. The thought of smooth-ifying greens and drinking them down makes my gorge rise.

And I need to stop ordering eggplant from my CSA. It's evil and spongey. Wait, I forgot about baba ganouj. Okay, sometimes it's good.
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Radishes. I will go hungry before I eat them. Not fond of cauliflower or broccoli unless steamed. :tongue:
  • bpp23
    bpp23 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, eggs & mushrooms.. No thank you!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    That's what I said, until my pregnancy. Then my two least favorite foods, apples and celery, became a minor obsession. Their scent lured me. I would cruise the produce section smelling them. Horror of horrors, I became violently ill from the smell of my favorite food-coffee! My love for coffee returned the morning after I delivered but the extreme affinity for apples and celery has never left after a decade. I am an adventurous eater willing to try anything (balut, dinuguan, etc.) but when I got a whiff of steak and kidney pie right as I was about to bite down my body rebelled and I was never able to force myself to eat it. Ahh well, I guess the scent of urine is just a no go for me. Which kind of surprised me since I cook with asafetida all the time and it is distinctly ammoniacal. As I age I find I have an increasing interest in more bitter and complex flavors. Turnips, radish, rutabaga, parsnip, celery root and brussles sprouts have become far more desirable than a baked potato.