that one healthy food you hate...

Options

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    im with op, carrots are narly, unless cooked with a roast (in the dish with the beef/pork)

i also hate onions that are still crunchy, once they get soft the flavour isnt as strong i find

cooked peas, love them right out of the pod with a bit of salt though

grapefruit, raw tomatoes, raw peppers, raw celery, pickles

oddly enough i just realize raw tomatoes and onions are on my list but i love bruschetta
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I dont like almost any pepper. jalepeno on a burger is okay. But any green, red, orange peppers I hate them. I also really detest brusselsprouts
  • ditzyFlip
    ditzyFlip Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed at what some people hate to eat. O: I could never imagine myself without some dishes like fruit, seafood, etc.

I'm not a raw carrot fan, and I detest okra. Yuck. Egg plant is also really gross.
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Celery.

Screw celery.

I can tolerate it in beef stew or soups or something, but raw? Oh hell no. It's like gnawing on grass. I'd seriously have to have like two cups of peanut butter to choke it down.
  • Tobybear1
    Tobybear1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Only 1????? That is my problem I don't like a lot of fruits and vegetables. I don't like cauliflower or broccoli (unless it is cut up really small).
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I really wish I could learn to stomach fish and bananas (not together :tongue: ). I have tried over my lifetime and they both make me gag.

With fish it is the taste. I grew up in a house where we had to eat the same as everyone else so I would eat fish sticks like the rest of the family but only if I soaked them in lemon juice. As I got older. I would try different types of fish prepared different ways and never could do it.

With bananas it is the taste and texture. No matter what they are in, I can still pick out the banana flavor which, to me, permeated everything else.
  • swalberg0625
    swalberg0625 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Raw tomatoes and canned/cooked peas. Love tomatoes stewed and on veggie burgers but just not raw. And I love peas raw but not canned or frozen and then cooked haha.
  • CCSavage88
    CCSavage88 Posts: 191
    Options
    Peas...The look, the smell, the taste are enough to make me vomit
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes. I'm a Southern girl who hates. Sweet. Potatoes. Think of all the shame I endured growing up when I wouldn't eat the casserole with browned marshmallows on top. Why ruin a perfectly good marshmallow by gluing it to that mealy, sticky, orange goo? Even just baked I can't stand them. I wish it were otherwise, I know they're slightly better nutritionally than a white potato, but I just can't do it.

Also, oatmeal. Again, texture. Gak.

Let's play Settlers of Catan, and I'll trade you all my sweet potatoes and oatmeal for all your avocados. Two for one, that's a really good trade!

I'm with you. I am a northern girl so we don't have sweet potatoes often but squash tastes similar. My annual embarrassment is when I have to explain to my mother (for the umpteenth time) that, no, I do NOT like pumpkin pie.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I don't hate any food. However, I don't care for broussel sprouts. I know those are big on vitamin C and K but so what? Big Whoop! I look up the nutritional values of the food I don't like and find another food I do like that gives me the same nutritional values. I also don't eat corn but I eat just about everything made from corn like corn flakes, corn chips, and corn bread. Yep, I am weird that way.
  • alireba88
    alireba88 Posts: 21
    Options
    Cucumbers- Even the smell. Whoever decided that cucumber should be included in fragrances needs serious help.

Oatmeal- The only thing oatmeal is good for is dumping it in the toilet, pretending its puke, to get out of going to school when you're a kid. Totally worked, too. Once.

Blueberries- Taste like straight up aluminum to me. Like I'm chewing on a soda can.

And finally, KALE- Ugh! I had a friend give me a crap load of salad greens from her garden and apparently there was some kale hiding in there. Made myself a lovely salad and was trucking along just fine... until I hit the first piece of kale. I was all, " I think she accidentally got some weeds in here!" I remained very suspicious for the rest of that salad.

Jim Gaffigan said it best, " They could find out kale cures cancer and I'd still be like, 'Meh, I'll take the chemo."
  • littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Kale, I don't understand why it tastes like bitter crap.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I'm picky about salad.

A big pile of lettuce with a few carrots, tomatoes, rock hard croutons, and any sort of dressing = disgusting to me. For years I used to watch my friends "diet" and the idea of all those salads just made me gag.

Instead I eat lettuce & other greens on top of other foods, and get creative like sticking cabbage and/or lettuce and bean sprouts in an omelet. I only eat "salad" maybe 1-2 times a week and most times it's piled with black beans and avocado and is more of a burrito bowl than a traditional salad.
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Quinoa

Eughhhhhh!!!!
  • pope66682
    pope66682 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Avocados and Hummus
  • AliceSwarthout
    AliceSwarthout Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    For me, it's carrots. My whole life, and I'm 30, I have detested them. But they are good for you, and in most steamed veggie blends I buy, so I'm trying so hard. I tell myself that I acquired a taste for beer, I can do this. But sometimes they literally make me gag and I'm glad my dogs like them. What's your worst "good" food and how do you handle eating it?
    I think you might be the only other person I've heard of who doesn't like carrots!!!! I really really dislike them. I can only eat them shredded and mixed with other things. Though I've found they're tolerable if cut into sticks and used as crunchy nasty vessels for peanut butter or hummus.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Beets always taste like dirt to me no matter how clean they are or how they are prepared. And I think it is sinful that okra even exists, yuck! That is all.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Another quinoa hater here! HOnorable mentions: big mushrooms, water chestnuts, sprouts, arugula, raw broccoli, cantaloupe & honeydew melons.
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    I'd rather eat roadkill than kale.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I'm picky about salad.

A big pile of lettuce with a few carrots, tomatoes, rock hard croutons, and any sort of dressing = disgusting to me. For years I used to watch my friends "diet" and the idea of all those salads just made me gag.

I only eat "salad" maybe 1-2 times a week and most times it's piled with black beans and avocado and is more of a burrito bowl than a traditional salad.

Me, too!!! I totally agree!!! Those sad salads are what reminds me most of "being on a diet", and I REFUSE!