protein challenge!

Options
13»

Replies

• j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I have a goal of 280g of protein. I eat a lot of chicken. Protein powder and bars are the other source I use.
  • RobinLillySue
    RobinLillySue Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting here with the same dilemma! Which is why I decided to see if anyone else is struggling to get the proteins in!! I've already gone over my allowable carbs, but my proteins and fats are way too low!! It's good to actually see the non-balance in my diet! Good luck! I like the suggestion that someone had about the shrimp!!
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Protein has gotta be my weakness too......while sticking to my calorie goal.....I was actually looking that up earlier......seems the best protein "bang for you buck" is tuna, chicken breast, and tofu......but that's not a whole lotta variety.....hehe. I happened to be at my parents house, and my father had a "Boost High Protein" drink, and I tried one of those.....damn yes, it's got like 15 grams of protein.....but 240 some calories! haha. I was like yeouch! haha. Granted, with my work outs, I always have calories left over......that, and the sugar load was way high too.....I think it had as much sugar as protein :X Then I was like damn, I could have had a slim fast.....I think Slim Fast (well, the generic walmart brand "equate" weight loss shakes) only have 140 calories.....and 10 g of protein haha.

I know one of the articles I read mentioned nuts.....I guess I may have to start digging into those.......http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/5-nuts-that-can-revolutionize-your-diet.html had a great article. Almonds, walnuts, pistachios, cashews and peanuts seem to be about the best.....but the thing with nuts, is a lot of the grocery brands have hella sodium.....
  • jacobhyatt91
    jacobhyatt91 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    protein bars help out but im still looking for one that doesnt taste like cardboard lol