I Stopped a Binge Right in its Tracks

Options

Replies

• oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    YAY FOR YOU!! On both, the eating part, and the recognizing that you had made a mistake. A lot of people can't do either, and it shows your growth and maturity that you are able to do such.

I admire and commend you for your actions!

Oh, thank you so much. Also, is that your cat with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background? Because it's awesome.
  • akaiookami
    akaiookami Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm very impressed by your story! Sure, you had a few moments that maybe had not been your best, but you took control as soon as you could and ended the day on top. I hugely admire that. I'm not there yet- once I start down that type of path I rarely hit the brakes. I also appreciate you framing it in terms of hurting yourself. That is a strong argument to make and much more effective than just saying you don't want to ruin your diet. Fantastic work? Keep being strong and growing the inner you. :)
  • 2tall4thisworld
    2tall4thisworld Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thats a great success story, especially because many people (including myself) have such a hard time even conciously recognizing they are having those binge thoughts. Great post!
  • wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Well written indeed. I have yet to win a battle with this enemy (binging). Congratulations on your success. You are in tune with yourself and that is priceless.
  • FrancescaWebb
    FrancescaWebb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    this is an amazing story; congrats to you!!!!
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing, this is an amazing accomplishment and you should absolutely feel proud! :flowerforyou:
  • ShanStroth
    ShanStroth Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. My heart hurts for you. Well done and well done on all that you have accomplished so far!!!!!
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! Every time you overcome emotional eating it will be easier and easier. You should be proud!!
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Decent post. At first I was like "Where is she going with this?" and then I understood. Way to dig to the root! Keep up the good work.
  • clareshard59
    clareshard59 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That just made me cry! I have been really struggling for a while now , you know, that binging and hating myself cycle, but your really inspiring story has hit a part of me that wants to step away from that part of me that goes into self destruct.

I have had an eating disorder too and feel like it creeps up and envelopes me every now and again,, it's like my invisible cloak!

You are very brave, to share your story in such a honest way and from the many responses you have had, you have touched many people.

I wish you the very best of luck on your weight loss journey,, and thank you for helping me on mine!
  • clareshard59
    clareshard59 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Kittentoast, really liked your reply,, so thoughtful and kind! I wish you well on your weight loss journey and thank,you so much for sharing your story in such a positive way!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I just wrote my very first blog last week about this exact thing. I can imagine all those emotions you were feeling, and it's a huge deal when you can beat them at their own game. I'm sorry you lost a good friend, that's never easy, but you have to be pretty damn proud of yourself for overcoming those feelings and doing something that would only make you feel worse.
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!! I too emotionally eat. In fact I am fighting to not do it tonight when I get home from work! But you should be totally proud of yourself!! :flowerforyou:
  • syedsaad
    syedsaad Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Congrats that you have self control .... and for the friend .... y don't you call her, say sorry and be friends one more time .... she might not accept your apology first ... but she will .... having good friends is a blessing (sorry in advance if you think i m interfering with your personal matter)
  • stickersticker
    stickersticker Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Congrats, stick with the hard work.
  • syedsaad
    syedsaad Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Deleted as got re posted by mistake
  • oedipa_maas
    Options
    I'm very impressed by your story! Sure, you had a few moments that maybe had not been your best, but you took control as soon as you could and ended the day on top. I hugely admire that. I'm not there yet- once I start down that type of path I rarely hit the brakes. I also appreciate you framing it in terms of hurting yourself. That is a strong argument to make and much more effective than just saying you don't want to ruin your diet. Fantastic work? Keep being strong and growing the inner you. :)

I'm so touched at the responses I'm getting here. Thanks so much.
  • oedipa_maas
    Options
    Congrats that you have self control .... and for the friend .... y don't you call her, say sorry and be friends one more time .... she might not accept your apology first ... but she will .... having good friends is a blessing (sorry in advance if you think i m interfering with your personal matter)

Not at all (can't be too personal if I post it in public :) . It's a good thought.
  • oedipa_maas
    Options
    Congrats to you!!! I too emotionally eat. In fact I am fighting to not do it tonight when I get home from work! But you should be totally proud of yourself!! :flowerforyou:

Thank you! You can do it, I know it.
  • oedipa_maas
    Options
    I just wrote my very first blog last week about this exact thing. I can imagine all those emotions you were feeling, and it's a huge deal when you can beat them at their own game. I'm sorry you lost a good friend, that's never easy, but you have to be pretty damn proud of yourself for overcoming those feelings and doing something that would only make you feel worse.

Thanks so much. Amazing how a small thing can actually be quite big.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!