What am I doing wrong?!?!

Options
1235»

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I love Paleo recipes. No bloat.

Unless it's from stuffing myself obnixiously with veg.

:-)
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    just checked out your goal macros and you have carbs at 20 (pretty low), fats at 169 (seems crazy high) and protein around 60 (low). where did you get these macros and why do they seem so out of whack????

They're still left over from my ketogenic dieting failed experiment.

That is one reason I'm trying to figure out new macros!
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    have you tried the calculator on iifym.com - it's a good start at least
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    all you saw on my response was me questioning your weighing I am not.

I am saying you don't log it that way and sorry 1cup of diced avocado is different calories 1cup has 240 calories...so how do you know that is what you weighed??? I mean that is what I mean.

and 1/4 cup of cheese doesn't always equal 28 grams esp when grated...I can squish a lot of cheese in 1/4cup

but you are sure your loggging is accurate...

All I know is that we are the same stats (height and I am older) I don't give up sugar, carbs nothing and I started where you are now and I have lost what you looking to lose but if you are so sure your logging is correct I would go to the doctor and get some tests done.

Macro settings don't make you lose weight CICO do.

PS you have posted this before...and given pretty much similar advice. Not sure what else most responders can say at this point...because if I remember correctly one even offered individual help...

ETA: and as i said in my previous post..if you weight every thing log it that way...make your own entries or find the correct ones...
  • Callie516
    Callie516 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Callie. I have been on mfp since 2012. I love it! I have managed to lose 70lbs.

About a year ago some things happened and I wasn't able to go to the gym for a few months, while that was going on I started to slip off my diet which I worked so hard for. I eventually started gaining weight back which really hit hard for me. As of right now I am still very dedicated and determined but I am just missing something important I can't seem to get back to that old mentality I had and my diet has just been horrible. I feel like I am starting this journey all over again.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can get back on track? I just feel so lost right now and quitting just isn't an option!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    all you saw on my response was me questioning your weighing I am not.

I am saying you don't log it that way and sorry 1cup of diced avocado is different calories 1cup has 240 calories...so how do you know that is what you weighed??? I mean that is what I mean.

and 1/4 cup of cheese doesn't always equal 28 grams esp when grated...I can squish a lot of cheese in 1/4cup

but you are sure your loggging is accurate...

All I know is that we are the same stats (height and I am older) I don't give up sugar, carbs nothing and I started where you are now and I have lost what you looking to lose but if you are so sure your logging is correct I would go to the doctor and get some tests done.

Macro settings don't make you lose weight CICO do.

PS you have posted this before...and given pretty much similar advice. Not sure what else most responders can say at this point...because if I remember correctly one even offered individual help...

ETA: and as i said in my previous post..if you weight every thing log it that way...make your own entries or find the correct ones...

Ok, let me try to explain.

The last time I had avocado was 6/14/2014 so lets skip back to that day.

Avacado - Fresh 1ounce (28g) - From Usda, 4.18 ounce (28g)

This means that I weighed my avocado and the weight came to 117. Since the weight by grams in the log is 28, I divide 117 by 28 and that's where the entry is coming up with 4.18 ounce.

Another example in the same entry is the Plantain.

Plantain - Ripe Plantain (Raw) 100g, 32 g

This means I weighed 32g on my scale of plantain. I used the USDA entry, which goes by 100 grams, and entered .32. Therefore it logs in as 32 grams.

Regarding the cheese entry, I know it's correct because I've looked at it 100 times.

On the package it say 28g grams or 1/4 cup is the serving.

I use the scale to weigh out 28 grams. It may or may not show the grams on MFP, but it is the correct entry that was weighed out to 28 grams and matches the nutritional information on the back of the cheese package exactly. The entry may be labeled on the diary as 1/4 cup, but it is 28 grams per the package, and if I pull out 14 grams it goes in as 1/8 cup.

In the same entry you'll see:

Usda Nat'l Nutrient Database - Chicken Breast, Broilers or Fryers, Breast, Meat Only, Cooked, Roasted, 182 g (g = 3.53 oz)

Apple - Raw, 0.24 medium (3" dia) (182 g)

These are weighed and do have the grams listed.

This is the fish we eat almost every Monday:

Seapak Shrimp Co. Wild Alaskan Salmon Burgers - Salmon Burgers

This is a frozen patty from Sam's Club. It always has the same shape, weighs the same amount, same cooking time, same flavor etc and etc...

So I'm confident due to the fact that they are uniform and mass-produced, it is not necessary to weigh and measure each one.

Also, butter comes in 1/4 lb sticks that have the tablespoon amount labeled in tick marks. I use the label and cut off the amount that is to be a tablespoon. If the paper is clearly crooked on the butter, I don't add the sometimes over-sized or under-sized pieces.