ARE SAUNA SUITS REALLY HELPFUL?

Options

Replies

• darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Asks a question looking for input, doesn't get input they like (even though it's true), then tries to validate the usage they asked for input on.

MFP, please don't ever change.

I'm not validating anything, I do understand that is mainly liquid that I am loosing, but raising the body temperature must have some other effects, not necessarily fat loss... may be better blood flow or something outside of loosing fat...

If anything, staying colder would aid in fat loss, as you burn more calories to raise your body temperature...
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options
    I feel like you would burn more calories doing a more intense workout without a sauna suit, and you would be more comfortable. If you want to burn more calories, do more work. That basic fact can't be changed with a wardrobe choice.
  • darbobo
    darbobo Posts: 53
    Options
    :noway:
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to believe they have no benefit what so ever, I've read multiple websites that say the contrary but there is equal amount of website that say they don't work... I have access to a database with academic peer-reviewed articles but I couldn't find any articles that talked about sauna suits.

Yeah, because everything you read on the internet is true...

And you couldn't find any academic reviewed articles on sauna suits... because it's a STUPID idea. Academics don't waste time on that kind of thing.
  • mythopoeic
    mythopoeic Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think they may be helpful if you've overindulged on sodium and are carrying extra water weight. For example, in one bad weekend, I'll gain 10 pounds of water. The next couple of days I use a sauna suit when running to get back to where I was more quickly, otherwise it takes me the next week or two to get back to normal. Beyond that, I do not find them effective.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Asks a question looking for input, doesn't get input they like (even though it's true), then tries to validate the usage they asked for input on.

I'm not validating anything, I do understand that is mainly liquid that I am loosing, but raising the body temperature must have some other effects, not necessarily fat loss... may be better blood flow or something outside of loosing fat...

If anything, staying colder would aid in fat loss, as you burn more calories to raise your body temperature...

WTF?
  • CCSavage88
    CCSavage88 Posts: 191
    Options

Holds an oz of truth

WTF?
  • ocarrasco90
    Options
    I think they may be helpful if you've overindulged on sodium and are carrying extra water weight. For example, in one bad weekend, I'll gain 10 pounds of water. The next couple of days I use a sauna suit when running to get back to where I was more quickly, otherwise it takes me the next week or two to get back to normal. Beyond that, I do not find them effective.

That's a good idea.
  • ocarrasco90
    Options
    I found 3 academic articles, I was searching the database under psychology articles only lol

I'll give you input on what I found...

AND YES THERE IS NO BENEFIT WHEN IT COMES TO LOOSING FAT, THAT HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED I AM TRYIG TO FIND OTHER POTENTIAL BENEFITS! SO NO NEED TO BE ****S ABOUT IT.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I found 3 academic articles, I was searching the database under psychology articles only lol

AND YES THERE IS NO BENEFIT WHEN IT COMES TO LOOSING FAT, THAT HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED I AM TRYIG TO FIND OTHER POTENTIAL BENEFITS! SO NO NEED TO BE ****S ABOUT IT.

While you are researching articles, I'd read the Community Guidelines. Best of luck to you OP.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    No one has been rude or mean to you.

And what Pika said.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

Other benefits would be to the company selling them as they rip off customers who buy them without doing research first.
  • ocarrasco90
    Options

Other benefits would be to the company selling them as they rip off customers who buy them without doing research first.

It was given to be lol
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options
    this is five bites all over again
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Ok I guess if you were a boxer and you're trying to cheat your way into a lower weight class that can be a benefit of a sauna suit....

OP, try not to be so defensive about this topic. I think most of the people here would agree with me on that the point we are trying to get across to you is the benefits (if any) are not worth the time and money and it is no substitute for watching what you eat and getting an effective workout.

If you feel your current workout needs an added kick, then get to kicking. Increase the intensity, maybe consider trying for a 5 or 10K. Guarantee you'll get more of a benefit from sweating at high speeds on the treadmil or sweating when running/ walking outside in the sun.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

It was given to be lol

Oh, sell it on Craigslist then. Some amateur boxer/wrestler (or husky rube) will take it off your hands for $20. Then, take your friend who gave it to you out to lunch. Win-win.