Options
124»

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,068 Member
    Options
    What's a "smoothie diet"?

^^This

I was like wut?? Do you mean you drink ALL of your calories??? You don't chew any food? Are you blending up donuts and pizza?? I am confused?
    Basically I take all my fruits and veggies and blend them up. There is no chewing unless I get a chunk of something that didn't blend too well. And I don't add any donuts and pizza, haha.

But why???
  • Dragonborn79
    Dragonborn79 Posts: 161
    Options
    Yoghurt is evil and will steal your loose change whilst you aren't looking.

No lie. This has happened to me. I still eat it, but I keep an eye on them and throw them out if I see they're sporting ski masks and switchblades. Use common sense and yogurt won't be a problem.
  • fitnesspalmeg
    Options
    It depends. Its best to get one that is low fat and organic. It will be free of chemicals and preservatives. So it is more healthy then other kinds.
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Yogurt is awesome. Noosa is my favorite. Lemon or Mango flavored. Try it - you'll love it!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    What's a "smoothie diet"?

^^This

I was like wut?? Do you mean you drink ALL of your calories??? You don't chew any food? Are you blending up donuts and pizza?? I am confused?
    Basically I take all my fruits and veggies and blend them up. There is no chewing unless I get a chunk of something that didn't blend too well. And I don't add any donuts and pizza, haha.

Humans over the age of 6-9 months need solid food in their diet.

quit with the fads, plan and eat regular, balanced meals. Log your food on here and eat your calorie goal number of calories each day.
  • allotmentgardener
    allotmentgardener Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have eaten greek yogurt at least 4 times a week over the last year and a half, look at my ticker.....there is your answer.

Not quite on topic but just looked at your ticker - fabulous weight loss!!! :)
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I love greek yoghurt and eat it just about every day for dessert with a scoop of protein powder and usually some coconut. Yum!
    I'm calling it good!!
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    It depends. Its best to get one that is low fat and organic. It will be free of chemicals and preservatives. So it is more healthy then other kinds.

Full fat yoghurt is a really good source of fat soluble vitamins. Low fat isn't always better.
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I love greek yoghurt and eat it just about every day for dessert with a scoop of protein powder and usually some coconut. Yum!
    I'm calling it good!!

Me too. I eat it every single day...almost. I weigh 55kg and am 5ft 6.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Food is food.

I eat yogurt because I like it. It really is that simple.

Oh, and I like full fat, creamy, dense German yogurt and quark. Relatively good source of proteins and mixes really well with muesli and protein powder and fruit (frozen or fresh).

Any site, magazine or person that tells you "yogurt makes you fat" needs a swift kick in the bidoubies.

Have you ever had Brown Cow cream-top yogurts? OH my gosh. Their maple is incredible.

I have not, will put it on my shopping list next time I'm in the US.

There is a yogurt snob thread here somewhere ...

oh, yeah: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/958842-yogurt-snobs-unite-what-your-favorite?page=4#posts-20553980
  • EthanTheBrave
    EthanTheBrave Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ...I'm on a smoothie diet, ...

uh... Why? Why do-Raichu?
  • fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Most mornings I have 3/4 cup of 0% Oikos Greek Yogurt with 1 scoop of Myofusion Elite chocolate protein powder. It's like a protein boost but tastes like chocolate mousse.

I have never lost weight or gained it because of yogurt. I have gained weight because of chips, fried foods, sugar, cake, bread in excess...
  • JeopardyLeyton
    JeopardyLeyton Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Studies have shown that yoghurt is a good thing to add to a weight loss diet -there is some evidence to suggest it helps increase metabolism - that's fat free yoghurt though. Fage Total 0% natural greek yoghurt is amazing, so thick and creamy and with sweetener and fruit is really delicious and filling.

Obviously as many others have said, it has to fit within your calorie deficit, but I think it is a good thing as part of your diet as long as it's the low fat, low sugar, greek type.

Here are a couple of links, one to a study that found the benefits of including yoghurt in your weight loss diet, and the other an article about eating yoghurt for health/weight loss:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23351406

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-eric-braverman/for-consistent-weight-los_b_161701.html
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    Studies have shown that yoghurt is a good thing to add to a weight loss diet -there is some evidence to suggest it helps increase metabolism - that's fat free yoghurt though. Fage Total 0% natural greek yoghurt is amazing, so thick and creamy and with sweetener and fruit is really delicious and filling.

Obviously as many others have said, it has to fit within your calorie deficit, but I think it is a good thing as part of your diet as long as it's the low fat, low sugar, greek type.

Here are a couple of links, one to a study that found the benefits of including yoghurt in your weight loss diet, and the other an article about eating yoghurt for health/weight loss:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23351406

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-eric-braverman/for-consistent-weight-los_b_161701.html

why does it have to be low fat?

fat is not bad. fat is an essential nutrient. Yoghurt is a very good source of fat soluble vitamins. Low fat is easier to fit in your calorie goal as it has fewer calories.... but that doesn't mean it's healthier than half fat or full fat. You need fat in your diet and fat soluble vitamins.

also, added sugar won't do you any harm, as long as it's not stopping you from getting enough of all the other nutrients you need or putting you over your calorie goal.