Thigh Gaps

Options

Replies

• balanceandnirvana
    balanceandnirvana Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    But my friend "Lynn" has been obsessing over getting one, and she basically believes if you don't have a thigh gap, you're fat.

Just my two cents here, but if "Lynn" is obsessing that much and she holds that belief, then obtaining a thigh gap isn't likely going to be the nirvana she thinks it is. I'm going to guess she's still not going to like her body much.

Fix the inside first.
    Omfg seriously heed this advice it's so flipping true. You're never going to be happy with yourself if you don't treat yourself right.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I'm sure we all know what thigh gaps are....
    i used to not care about having a thigh gap or getting one.
    But my friend "Lynn" has been obsessing over getting one, and she basically believes if you don't have a thigh gap, you're fat. But when I was in high school and a healthy weight, I still didn't have one....
    So I'm sorta scared, ya know? Like... what if I get back to my healthyweight/goal and I still don't have one?
    I heard it's not possible for everyone to get a thigh gap, but everytime I look up people with my height and my goal weight, they have thigh gaps....

So, idk, I guess just talk about it here?

Your friend Lynn - the same one that purges after eating, and that you're oddly jealous of, right?

I think you need to focus less on what this person thinks and their goals and more on what you want for yourself, your goals and YOUR happiness.

Oh dear.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Who do you look up that has a thigh gap? A celebrity maybe? Thigh gaps are airbrushed in.....there are articles re: Old Navy airbrushing their models for thigh gaps.

THIS. Google "photoshop thigh gap" to find lots of incidences of artificial thigh gap. Beyonce is the subject of recent controversy about the differences between her real thighs at concerts and the photoshopped gaps in pictures.

Most people cannot have a thigh gap naturally. Some can have surgery to create it. It's basically a bogus concept.

Just about every Russian woman I ever met has one.
  • Beautifulreflections
    Beautifulreflections Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    stand with your feet further apart. BAM gap achieved
  • PattyannB
    PattyannB Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It also appears that you didnt read my post. I said, Ive always had very fat legs. Even when I was skinny, I had Fat flabby legs. So to reiterate, Im going to TONE my legs and lose more fat from it. I did see the post about genetics. Who knows, maybe under my fat thighs, there is a gap. No need to be rude. Just saying. :)
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Who do you look up that has a thigh gap? A celebrity maybe? Thigh gaps are airbrushed in.....there are articles re: Old Navy airbrushing their models for thigh gaps.

THIS. Google "photoshop thigh gap" to find lots of incidences of artificial thigh gap. Beyonce is the subject of recent controversy about the differences between her real thighs at concerts and the photoshopped gaps in pictures.

Most people cannot have a thigh gap naturally. Some can have surgery to create it. It's basically a bogus concept.
    Both of my sister's have them. I see lot's of girls at the gym that have them. They exist.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options

You can birth one (or two, I did) 10lb+ babies. Worked for me.
  • likitisplit
    Options

Nuh uh. The best way to fake a thigh gap is to tip your pelvis back and arch your back slightly.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I prefer knee gaps.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    Do whatever the Marlboro man does.
  • QuiznatoddBidness
    QuiznatoddBidness Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Mmmm... hot...

$_1.JPG?set_id=2
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    41aCe7PA64L._SX300_.jpg
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Mmmm... hot...

$_1.JPG?set_id=2
    :love:
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    If someone thinks I'm fat, because of an arbitrary idea, that's their problem. Not mine, because I think i'm pretty damn sexy (even though my thighs touch).
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    my sister has a thigh gap let me ask her how she got it

she says its just natural boo

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • TasteofEnvy
    TasteofEnvy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Isn't "lynn" your friend with the eating disorder that you're jealous of? Why are you even listening to her? Her mind is warped by the eating disorder. She is not a person to listen to in regards to ANYTHING health/fitness/weight related.
    I find myself asking this a lot. It's just hard because she's the friend I hand around the most. And sometimes I realize her negativity is rubbing off on me.... other times it gets to me.
  • TasteofEnvy
    Options
    Oh, Lynn again....the asking for a friend line is the oldest trick in the book.
    i wasn't even asking for a friend, i'm asking for myself.
  • TasteofEnvy
    Options
    this made me so happy thank you so much! I'm saving this link so i can watch it whenever her attitude gets to me!
  • TasteofEnvy
    Options
    double post
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    What is the big trend with thigh gaps these days? :/ what ever happened to a decent thick pair of thighs?