Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Top this?

Mikkimeow
Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
I am going on a weekend camping/float trip with some friends, and we are having a giant dinner where everyone brings a certain item. It started out as hamburgers and hotdogs. As the years have gone by that we've done this, dinner has gotten more elaborate. Last year we made this awesome giant campfire pizza and a pie in a skillet for dessert. Nothing too crazy. This year, we have a professional chef coming along with us. She was on Food Network and participated in Cupcake Wars, (didn't win in the last round, her icing was too sweet) (yes I scoped her episode) but has her own restaurant. I am typically a nice person, and I consider myself a pretty freaking great cook. I grew up in a very traditionally Hispanic household, and my grandmother taught me how to cook great things. Anyway, when I first met this chef, we were talking about who would bring what. I said I could do dinner, and she asked what I was bringing. I mentioned making sopez and posole (sopez are like tostadas made with masa that hold various ingredients, posole is a type of soup made with hominy). She told me, "Oh, I think I'll do dinner. I rarely cook Hispanic food, it is just a knock off of the real cuisine from Spain, mixed with some Texas trash." Needless to say, she and I are not going to be bosom buddies or anything.

I got stuck with dessert, and I fully intend to kick her butt. My plan is to go with some lemon-pistachio cupcakes and raspberry vodka icing, and finish with a bourbon flan made over the campfire. I was feeling good about that until I found out she was ROASTING AN ENTIRE PIG OVER A FIRE. How do I top that? Make a pie that shoots fireworks? Make an Eiffel Tower replica out of chocolate stems and baby strawberries? Roast a blue whale? (Joking aside I would never do that, whales are great).

I need to beat her. I need her to taste my food and cry in the face of defeat. I need to roar, "EAT IT" while she devours my food in horror and pleasure. What do I make to blow her world apart? I want her to BURRRRRRRRRRRRN.

*Endnote, I am not okay with my culture being put down, especially my food.

*tl;dr best dessert I can make ever to kill a chef with my skillz

Replies

• miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    You want a bodacious dessert recipe huh? Ok. I can handle that. Are you dead set on cupcakes? Tell me what you want, I'll see what I've got in my arsenal.
  • Mikkimeow
    You want a bodacious dessert recipe huh? Ok. I can handle that. Are you dead set on cupcakes? Tell me what you want, I'll see what I've got in my arsenal.

Anything. It could be a tiramisu made from the eyes of goats, I don't care. It just needs to be great.
  • Mikkimeow
    Well, It needs to either be self sustaining in heat or able to pack away in a cooler, or I can make it in a skillet.
  • QuiznatoddBidness
    QuiznatoddBidness Posts: 602 Member
    please_summarize_tshirt.jpg
  • miss_jessiejane

Anything. It could be a tiramisu made from the eyes of goats, I don't care. It just needs to be great.

Well shoot. That's all I make! Ok, I have an awesome recipe for apple pie cupcakes. I have a ten pound chocolate pie recipe that I've literally had people fist fighting over the last piece. Ooh, and I have a really awesome lemon cupcake with fresh raspberry curd filling. Hmmm..how about strawberry cheesecake chimichangas? Any of that intersest you?
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    These are cream cheese filled cupcakes. They are the best things in the history of ever. I use a fudge frosting. Now I need these!!

cheesecakecupcakeclosesub2.jpg
  • Mikkimeow
    Chocolate cake and chimichangas sound on point!

tumblr_mysl9tm5o41smcbm7o1_500.gif
  • KazzBeDoinIt
    KazzBeDoinIt Posts: 58 Member
    :frown: Anything you make shall top the poor innocent animal she intends to kill! Kick her butt! She deserves it!!!
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Baked Alaska.

Keep the ice cream in dry ice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baked_Alaska
  • BadKittie05
    BadKittie05 Posts: 157 Member
    :frown: Anything you make shall top the poor innocent animal she intends to kill! Kick her butt! She deserves it!!!

I
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    in for cake.

I even have a Pinterest Board that I labeled "I love cake."

But the Raspberry Vodka Frosting? OMG.

I don't give a spit about the pig. I want cake.

Please continue...
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    I don't really dig dessert. But just wanted to say her comment makes me want to punch a hoe. What a ****.

I kind of hate that your soiree has went the route of fancy and away from burgers and brats.
  • mthr2
    mthr2 Posts: 158 Member
    Dude, you've got it covered. She may be roasting an entire pig, but when it comes down to it, it's just some pork.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    These are cream cheese filled cupcakes. They are the best things in the history of ever. I use a fudge frosting. Now I need these!!

This is a weight loss website and this seems very counter productive to all our goals.
  • Mikkimeow
    I don't really dig dessert. But just wanted to say her comment makes me want to punch a hoe. What a ****.

I kind of hate that your soiree has went the route of fancy and away from burgers and brats.

Honestly, we are all kind of food snobs. I'll admit it. I say that while contemplating Sonic for lunch... so you can take that with a grain of salt. I think it is just a tradition for us, something to show off to the other campers how cool we are.
  • miss_jessiejane

:laugh: I'll PM you the recipe for the chimichangas and an awesome chocolate cake!
  • Mikkimeow

This is a weight loss website and this seems very counter productive to all our goals.

Screw goals, I want this.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Raspberry vodka icing what? I need that in my life.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member

I hope you are being sarcastic because I would be able to easily have one of these and not feel bad about it. This is not a WEIGHT LOSS website. There are also people on here who want to GAIN weight or MAINTAIN weight.

Also, this is listed in the "Chit Chat/Fun and Games" forum, not the Motivation or Weight Loss Recipes area.

I'm excited to hear what you decide, Mikki. when is this camping trip again?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member

:laugh: I'll PM you the recipe for the chimichangas and an awesome chocolate cake!

CC me :)