Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Top this?

Replies

• Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Do a pineapple upside down cake in a skillet :-) plenty of room there to make it a signature dish at a campfire

(*note: have not read all of the thread yet, just putting in my two cents of an idea)

OOOOh I haven't thought of that. I might just make ten desserts. She'll have no idea what to do.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    If she is roasting an entire pig then there is no amazing recipe involved. Just salt and a lot of time keeping the coals hot and rotating the pig. She's going to transport an entire pig and spit and pounds of charcoal to this place? How large of a pig? It takes an hour and 15 minutes per 10 pounds of pig. So, a 50 pound pig will take 6 hours 15 minutes. A 60 pound pig would take 7 and a half hours.

So, unless she is doing this the day before and just bringing the pulled pork, then she will be sitting in camp all day, then being a martyr while everyone raves about wonderful pork that is wonderful because of the pig, not because of anything special she had to do.

I wouldn't worry about outdoing her. Just make something that you know you can make well and will be yummy.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Chocolate peanut butter mousse pie. This is the bomb.

(Do not try this with low fat versions, it won't get the proper texture.)

Barbara's Famous Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Pie

Heavy Whipping Cream, 3 half pint containers
    Kraft Philadephia - Plain Cream Cheese, 2 container
    Creamy Peanut Butter , 16 oz.
    White Sugar - 3/4 Cup to 1 Cup by taste
    Ready Made Chocolate Pie Crust, 2 piecrusts
    Chocolate Covered Peanuts, double handful, crushed

1. In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and peanut butter until creamy. While slowly beating, add sugar.
    2. In separate chilled mixing bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form.
    3. Fold the two mixtures together until well blended, pour into pie crusts, sprinkle top with crushed chocolate covered peanuts, chill or freeze. Transport in cooler. Can be sliced frozen or served chilled from fridge. Makes two pies heaped high.

This recipe makes a great peanut butter mousse minus the chocolate peanuts and pie crust.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    What's this punta's name?!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,958 Member
    I wish I were a good enough cook to help! The best I could suggest is maybe trying to find something that has a surprise in it.. like it looks plain but literally explodes with delicious good type stuff from the inside. OR maybe cupcakes with a picture of each persons face on top? Can you make yours more personalized to each attendee?

BUT I do think roasting a whole pig will look excessive and probably not that attractive to most of the other people if they're not used to seeing it. So her meal might be memorable but that doesn't mean everyone will like it.

Personally, I dislike the smell of ham. Put that together with the look of a pig slowly shriveling and hissing over a fire and you probably get puke out of me!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    These are cream cheese filled cupcakes. They are the best things in the history of ever. I use a fudge frosting. Now I need these!!

cheesecakecupcakeclosesub2.jpg

This is a weight loss website and this seems very counter productive to all our goals.

tumblr_mb1k6fMk9h1ql9nrn.gif

Canadians.

Please don't use Escloflowne as a basis for all Canadians - even we find him ridiculous!

LOL I secretly love my Canadian friends. Just don't tell E... I don't want him to think I actually care.

That's the problem we all secretly love him, but don't want him to know, or think we care.....It'll all go to his head.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    If three paragraphs is too much for you maybe stick to coloring books.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MelsAuntie
    I used to go on all day trail rides where there would be a roast pig. You could always tell the city people from the country people because the country people were waxing ecstatic about the smell of the pig roasting and the divine looking crackling, and the city people, most of whom never think about where meat comes from, were "Eewwww, it's got eyes! And a nose, and hooves! Yuck!" We riders who knew our meat just laughed at them. Few things taste better than slow roasted whole roast pig, there is no dessert that can top that, so don't worry about "competing" and just enjoy.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Please don't use Escloflowne as a basis for all Canadians - even we find him ridiculous!

I just come here for the laughs..
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,064 Member
    These are cream cheese filled cupcakes. They are the best things in the history of ever. I use a fudge frosting. Now I need these!!

This is a weight loss website and this seems very counter productive to all our goals.

1081.gif
  • Mikkimeow
    What's this punta's name?!

Her name is Allison F, don't want to disclose her full name, simply for the amount of hate mail she might receive. lol
  • Mikkimeow
    I used to go on all day trail rides where there would be a roast pig. You could always tell the city people from the country people because the country people were waxing ecstatic about the smell of the pig roasting and the divine looking crackling, and the city people, most of whom never think about where meat comes from, were "Eewwww, it's got eyes! And a nose, and hooves! Yuck!" We riders who knew our meat just laughed at them. Few things taste better than slow roasted whole roast pig, there is no dessert that can top that, so don't worry about "competing" and just enjoy.

As I do know a roast pig can be delicious, nothing will taste better than her defeat.
  • MelsAuntie
    :frown: Anything you make shall top the poor innocent animal she intends to kill! Kick her butt! She deserves it!!!

Animals are food...ESPECIALLY pigs! Kill them, eat them, that's what they are for.
  • MelsAuntie

[/quote

So what?? Relax, live a little. MY goal is not to deprive myself .
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Its camping. Make campfire cones in the firepit, simple and delicious. Sometimes simple is best!

One sugar cone, spread a little PB inside and fill with chopped banana, choco chips, mini marshmallows, and nuts. Wrap in foil and throw in the hot coal for 10-12 minutes. Unwrap and enjoy its ooey gooey goodness.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,958 Member
    OH could you do a fondue with your dessert?

Or you could also include chocolate covered cherries. But make hers a radish.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member

I just come here for the laughs..

I don't even know you, but we are enemies now!

burgerking-watchingyou.gif
  • kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Your dinner sounds delicious! Her dinner sounds...eck. So, even if I were the type of person who would want a pig roast, she may not do a good job of roasting it. It may taste nasty, you never know. Your cupcakes sound amazing, and in the creative category, will beat her pig roast. Seriously, she is a chef, and the best she can come up with is a pig roast? Your cupcakes take thought and skill (baking is not easy) Her thing has been done a million times.

If it were my camping trip, I would have voted to have you do dinner and cupcakes!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    This thread is useless without recipes. :grumble:
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    My vote is to just shoot the ***** and then drink beer for dessert.