What is your go-to snack?

Options

Replies

• kimberlyblindsey
    kimberlyblindsey Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter with any of the following: apples, celery, banana, or a spoon:laugh: quest bars, but can get kind of spendy, pecans, Greek yogurt if I'm home.
  • Rlavigne93
    Rlavigne93 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in love with plain almonds. They have little 100 calorie packs of unsalted almonds and I always have one on hand. Low carb, good fats, and protein.

If I'm going for quantity, though, the smart pop popcorn is a lot of food for 100 calories.
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I always have fiber bars around.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    WW pita chips with greek cucumber yogurt dip. Yum Yum
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    An apple or cheese if I need to eat something. And I always have Dove Dark Chocolate in my purse.
  • Lkkiser3
    Lkkiser3 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Almonds and grapes
  • CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    CleanUpWhatIMessedUp Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I like

Special K Pastry Crisps (100 calories)
    Special K Cracker Chips (100 Calories)
    Oreo Crisps (From the 100 calorie packs)
    Grapes (Less than 100 calories)
    Pineapples (Less than 100 Calories)
    Smartfood White Cheddar Popcorn (Low Calorie alternative to chips)
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    Turkey sticks, beef jerky, chocolate, cheese, nuts--the list goes on. I love snacks, so I have a lot of favorites. Recently, I got my hands on some Snapea Crisps, so I've been eating a handful of those for a snack for the last two days.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Say you're on the run, and you don't have time for a proper meal? Or, pretend it's late and you're being stalked by habitual, mindless cravings! What is your favorite snack to munch on that you always have on hand? :)

Cashews
    Almonds
    Pistachios
    Sunflower seeds
    Pumpkin seeds
    Celery sticks with homemade greek yogurt dip
    Cucumbers with hummus
    Carrots with hummus
    Grapes
    Strawberries
    Cantaloupe
    Watermelon
    Banana
    Gluten free pretzels
    Hard boiled eggs
    Protein shake
    Protein bar
    Popcorn
    Greek yogurt
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Probably a banana, an apple, nuts, or dried fruits. Sometimes, I make rice balls/onigiri mixed with salted salmon before hand and I just grab that and go. If I wasn't in such a rush, I'd have other type of fruits--plums, mangoes, nectarines, you know, the watery types that are messier to eat. I like those baybel mini cheeses too, especially with grapes!
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Coffee or puff on my e-vape if I have the urge to mindlessly munch
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots if I'm just feeling munchy
    A tiny handful of nuts (esp salted cashews - such a treat) if I'm genuinely hungry
    Dove dark chocolate squares if I'm stressed or craving
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I like to take 1/2c (measured with my food scale) of maple-brown sugar fiber one+ protein cereal and mix it with 1oz of pistachios or cashews for a sweet+salty snack. I usually have a couple of ziplock bags with this prepared handy.

I tend to log my food for the day at the beginning of the day, but I always leave a couple hundred calories free, just in case I either get hungry, or I don't move around enough and FitBit logs negative exercise calories.
  • macm40
    macm40 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    When I get the craving, instead of the bag of chips, I like to grab an apple to hold me over.
  • flannery2012
    flannery2012 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    In for ideas
    (ie apples and cucumbers mixed? Never thought of that one)

mine is a spoonful of peanut butter and a cup of coffee in the afternoon ????
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Depends on what im in the mood for

Savory: Hummus and pretzels or carrots, greek yogurt spinach dip with carrots, i keep hardboiled eggs in the fridge to take on the go if im hungry

Sweet: Cookies n cream pastry crisps, protein bars with a layer of pb or pb2, atkins pb cups, dark chocolate with fruit or nuts
  • mnjlknight
    Options
    a full bottle of water as fast as I can followed by a cucumber, a few strawberries, or a few grapes.... Cant do protein bars and NEED to lose this weight!!!
  • NicoleLFifield
    Options
    I keep an apple or banana in my bag just in case.....Unfortunately that is a new thing, chips and crackers are my major downfall.
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Banana, navel orange, sliced apple sprinkled with a little cinnamon, raspberries
    Emerald 100 Cal Pack Cinnamon Roast Almonds or Dry Roasted Walnuts
    Cinnamon Raisin Toast with ICBINB
    String Cheese
    Whole Wheat English Muffin with a tbsp. of PB
    Triscuit Thins with a slice of Swiss cheese
    Jolly Time Healthy Popcorn
    Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry

Last Friday I bought a packet of powdered Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix and a container of Fage Plain Non-fat Greek yogurt to mix together for veggie dip. I read that tip in another thread, thought it sounded good and decided to check it out. I haven't made it yet though.

Edit: I bought some Oberto All Natural Beef Jerky for the first time too. It's pretty good, but kind of sweet for my taste.