What is your go-to snack?

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    100 calorie sachets of peanuts, cucumbers (in any amount.. Lots of volume for very little calories!), cheese strings, plain yogurt cups, and sometimes a 100 calorie sachet of instant cream of wheat if I'm looking for something hot and soupy :smile:
  • today2
    today2 Posts: 4
    Options
    Dry roasted Edamame 100 calorie snack packs, lightly salted. Yum. 70 percent less fat and 40 percent ore protein than peanuts.:smile:
  • joshbond85
    joshbond85 Posts: 28
    Options
    Cheese stick - 90 calories
    7 Almonds - 40 calories

quick hit of proteins and fats to give the stomach something to work on.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Protein Shakes either Whey or non whey, banana's, mushrooms, apples, fruit and nut mix and health bars
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Millions of peaches... peaches for me.

j/k. I love fruit, so right now it's peaches, strawberries and melons. It changes with whatever is in season. But I also eat chocolate, chips, ice cream, whatever I want.
  • jtm4210
    jtm4210 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Unsalted pistachios (15 kernels = 60cal)
    Metcalfe's Sweet 'N Salt popcorn (25g = 115cal)
    Kinder mini bars (1 bar = 70cal)
    Apples (approx 75cal depending on size)
    Whatever has shown up in this week's Graze box (anything up to 250cal)
    Options hot chocolate (1 mug = 40cal)
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    These are very helpful and great ideas. I tend to go for what's quick (meaning usually chips), so it's nice to see lots of healthy options.
  • EmpireBusiness
    EmpireBusiness Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    The souls of the innocent.

And almonds or cocoa peanuts (same calories as regular peanuts but sweet and delicious like souls).

I also like those resealable bags of candy like Reese's pieces minis (51 pcs/serving) and Hershey drops(15pcs/serving). They hit my sweet tooth and I can portion easily.
  • RejsGirl
    RejsGirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    On the run - edemame, late night - yogurt (chobani) with a spoonful of fat free cool whip. Yum!!
  • Clarehc
    Clarehc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Depends on my mood but just grabbing something, either an apple (if I must) or a choc chip cookie, lol. If I have a little more time, a small slice of wholemeal toast with Marmite, my absolute favourite. Actually, I feel the Marmite calling me right now...
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Celery with hummus or 1/4 cup of peanuts
  • EmpireBusiness
    EmpireBusiness Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Celery with hummus or 1/4 cup of peanuts

Homemade hummus for the win!
  • kansas_km
    kansas_km Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Nuts or protein bar
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Lately it's either smart foods white cheddar delight popcorn or sweet cherries.
  • ReaganP13
    ReaganP13 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    WW pita chips with greek cucumber yogurt dip. Yum Yum

Greek cucumber yogurt dip - I never see this in the supermarket. Do you make it ? Any tips on where to buy this?
  • hkirtner54
    Options
    Most protein bars have soy protein isolate in them and it is terrible for you. Not to mention the amount of sugar. Try roasting Chic Peas at home and putting a bag in your purse or you can never go wrong with raw almonds.
  • gardengirl40
    gardengirl40 Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Greek cucumber yogurt dip - I never see this in the supermarket. Do you make it ? Any tips on where to buy this?

I think it's tzastiki (not sure about spelling!) you're talking about- cucumber, mint and yoghurt , really easy to make yourself or lots of the supermarkets sell it.
  • jjulliee
    jjulliee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Trail mix!!! I usually mix up my own, and my favorites are:

-raw almonds, dark chocolate (all natural), dried cranberries

-raw pecans, dried cranberries, crystallized ginger (this one is the bomb!)

I always have trail mix at home and at my desk at work.
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Room in my day: almonds

Less room in my day:
    -snap peas (the crack of the vegetable kingdom - and so low in calories!)
    -cherries (or whatever fruit is in season)
    -animal crackers
    -cheese stick
    -Old Wisconsin Turkey sausage stick (only 45 calories! for sausage! --- makes a Wisconsin girl's heart skip a beat!)
  • ReaganP13
    ReaganP13 Posts: 35 Member
    Options

I think it's tzastiki (not sure about spelling!) you're talking about- cucumber, mint and yoghurt , really easy to make yourself or lots of the supermarkets sell it.

Thanks!! I am gonna google a healthy recipe for that and try it. I know I like it in general, but for some reason never really thought of having it around the house or making it.