Funny "Problems" with weight loss

Options

Replies

• timbrom
    timbrom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    This has more to do with lifting than weight loss, but finding freakin' pants that fit a guy who doesn't skip leg day. Tried on a pair of Levi 550-whatevers (the "most relaxed" fit, apparantly). Friggin' skinny jeans.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I can relate to all 3, and trying to buy clothes is a pain, some smalls are too big, some smalls are too small, hard to find just right till I get on the small side of small. I do have some things that fit just right, just not enough of them, and I have added holes to my belts.
  • missy5290
    missy5290 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I look more gross naked now 30+ lbs down than I did before. Everything is saggy and gross... and chances are it will be for awhile longer. I know I'm healthier and stuff and feel better... but I still have days where it depresses the crap out of me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling like this. I took a progress pic today and immediately said "F*cking ew." I look like I'm melting. I looked smoother when I was 30 pounds heavier.

Dito
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I measured myself for my true bra size a couple months ago. I got so happy and bought like four new bras. All of them fit on the tightest hooks. Then I lost enough weight to drop me down a band size. BRAS WASTED. I can still wear them, but they're not 100% comfortable. I should just go naked until I lose enough weight, otherwise I'm going to waste money on clothes I'll only wear for a couple months.

EURGH I know what you mean. Best thing to do I guess is measure for the biggest hook rather than tightest, so you at least have some extra time. But yes, it's very annoying. I have lost some very beautiful bras. :(
  • hbmayes
    hbmayes Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I look more gross naked now 30+ lbs down than I did before. Everything is saggy and gross... and chances are it will be for awhile longer. I know I'm healthier and stuff and feel better... but I still have days where it depresses the crap out of me.

Hang in there! I felt the same way, but I maintained the weight loss and my skin has started tightening up. It may just take some time--there is hope!
  • lavendy17
    lavendy17 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    The whole- 'I need to buy new clothes knowing I'll have to do that again after another loss'.
    My DH is in his 3rd round of denim because everything's too big. It's really a money draining machine.
    I only had to do it once since I had less to lose.

My negative is that my face got really narrow and people said I looked really weird. I lose in my face first, whachagonna do?
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Not a major problem...but I'm sort of between sizes on my underwear. The larger size is just a tad too loose, and the smaller one is just a tad too tight. Also...my butt has gotten smaller, and shaped differently, it seems....underwear that used to fit fine now spend the day crawling up my butt under my jeans at work. I am constantly feeling like I need to adjust it...embarassing! I may need to find a new favorite brand or style...these aren't working so well for me anymore.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I measured myself for my true bra size a couple months ago. I got so happy and bought like four new bras. All of them fit on the tightest hooks. Then I lost enough weight to drop me down a band size. BRAS WASTED. I can still wear them, but they're not 100% comfortable. I should just go naked until I lose enough weight, otherwise I'm going to waste money on clothes I'll only wear for a couple months.

Just saying, your bra is supposed to fit on the first hook, and you move them up as the bra gets older and stretchier, and throw it out when you can't tighten it anymore. (professional fitter taught me that.)

Yup, that's what I was told too. Buy the one that you can wear on the loosest setting so you can tighten as it stretches.

I have started wearing an all-in-one body briefer. Not only can I wear it through several sizes but it also holds in the jiggly skin so I don't see as many lumps and bumps under my clothes.

Also, the rash I get sometimes under the saggy boobs because that area never really airs out, even going braless. Meticulous drying after the shower and application of medicated powder helps prevent it, but not always.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Me too on the gross skin! I call it my elephant belly. But aside from myself, the number of people who see me naked = exactly 1 and the number who see me in clothes = everybody else. And husband loves my new body, elephant belly and all. So who cares?
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options

Last week while taking my lunchtime walk, I walked out of my underwear. Literally. Went commando the rest of the day because I was too embarrassed to pick them up and I'm now afraid to wear dresses! :noway:
    Hahaha, wow! Nicely handled, that is so hilarious.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options

EURGH I know what you mean. Best thing to do I guess is measure for the biggest hook rather than tightest, so you at least have some extra time. But yes, it's very annoying. I have lost some very beautiful bras. :(

Oh yes, me too!! I've always loved underwear - the only type of clothes shopping I actually like. I've been wearing stretchy camisoles to hold everything in so I can get a few extra weeks out of my lovely bras... But I do feel sad about having to leave some of them behind, although I know I have to, some days my bras are so loose they come undone during the day.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,950 Member
    Options

Just a tip, buy your next bras too small even for the largest hook and then buy some $4 extenders. That way you have more leeway and the bras aren't wasted! You can take the extenders off when the bra starts fitting.

I do this now since I'm such a weird bra size that all of my bras are a minimum of $100 each. I'd much rather buy $16 worth of extenders than have to replace the bras in a few months. I intend to continue this tactic for the rest of my life. Total pet peeve that bras take only 4 - 6 months to become so stretched out that even when I buy them to fit on the largest hook, they're goners in half a year.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Occasionally, I have to interview people for open positions with the company I work for.

I moved to a new area, so a few of my things were still in boxes. The person I was interviewing asked me for a business card, so I stood up to get him one, and my skirt slid down a bit. Nothing major was shown, because I had my blouse tucked in, but the interviewee had seen the outline of my undies.

On my lunch break, I went out and bought a few new skirts.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I can't sleep on my side without putting some blanket between my bony knees.

I can't sit as long or comfortably because my already flat butt is even flatter (guess it's a motivation to get off it more).

My favorite pants that I just got back into somehow manage to give me muffin top while simultaneously threatening to fall off me.

My face is really thin. People think I'm too thin now until I show them my gut. I have actually had to resort to this several times at family gatherings.

My arms are doing the queen's wave and it's not getting better. I seriously need to go nuts on the weights over the next few months to see if I can put some muscle where the fat was.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    A huge percentage of necklines show my bra straps and/or cleavage now. I have to rule out a lot of XL tops for this reason and it keeps me from wearing a lot of cute styles I liked (boatnecks, scoop necks) when I had more fat in my neck and collarbone area :-/
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I find it annoying that bread cause a lot of water retention in me and I feel bigger all around.
  • Johnplusfour
    Johnplusfour Posts: 105
    Options
    This has more to do with lifting than weight loss, but finding freakin' pants that fit a guy who doesn't skip leg day. Tried on a pair of Levi 550-whatevers (the "most relaxed" fit, apparantly). Friggin' skinny jeans.

I hear ya.. Apparently the majority population skips leg day. I have 1 pair of jeans that are comfortable and zero that I can wear without a belt.
  • rainbowyeager
    rainbowyeager Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I literally have the same problem. My waist is tiny and my hips and thighs and butt and especially my manish calves are huge....Lol! Eventually with all the strength training I am sure I will slim down - waist down, but til then I live in stretchy yoga shorts and long skirts. Pants are the devil....belts are uncomfortable....
  • lavendy17
    lavendy17 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I find it annoying that bread cause a lot of water retention in me and I feel bigger all around.

Yeah, you know I noticed that I started to eat better things lately and my bulch really eased off. It could be the bread. Hmmmm
  • notamoment
    notamoment Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Personally, my pants falling off during a brazilian jiu jitsu class was my funny skinny problem haha mid rolling i had to stop and say "wait WAIT! i am losing my drawers!)