Garmin Connect

Options
Hi Folks,

I use a Garmin Edge with my cycling and wondered if anyone else has managed to connect the Garmin Connect app to MFP?

John

Replies

• mjburke3
    mjburke3 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've got a Forerunner 220 and I have had no luck (the "Connect" link on the garmin app page is just a link to the garmin connect homepage). I've got a friend with a vivofit that does have the app connected, so it's unclear if it used to work and broke or if it only works for vivofit users.

Edit:
    Nevermind, it's still useless. We're stuck with syncing through runkeeper or strava and then to mfp:
    http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/questions/8055692-connecting-garmin-to-myfitnesspal
  • shanehackney
    shanehackney Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have to say that this sucks. I went with the Forerunner 620 because I do not like running with my phone, but now I am taking a step backwards and have to take extra steps just to get my workouts automatically upload to MFP. I sure hope they get something working soon, or I may have to ditches the watch and go back to my phone.
  • emmaxbon
    emmaxbon Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Anyone had any luck with this yet? I've managed to get my MFP and garmin connect accounts linked but it only seems to send food information from MFP to garmin but doesn't send exercise info from garmin connect to MFP?

I did a run today, uploaded to Garmin and expected to see it feed through to MFP automatically in a similar way as when I used digifit on my phone but nothing has happened.

Maybe I misunderstood the syncing feature and this is all it's supposed to do?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I upload my Garmin to Strava anyway (not Garmin Connect). The link between Strava and MFP seems to work. It brings in speed and activity then will calculate the calories burned from the MFP database. It does not seem to use the heart rate information to calculate calories. It also cannot tell the difference between mountain biking and road biking (it'll bring in a mountain bike ride as a slow road ride which is of course not enough calories). I think I'm going to disconnect mine.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    i use Garmin Connect & Strava but I don't link either of them to MFP. I only use the Garmin Connect because I've used it for years & year & years and it has all my workout information......

The Strava i use so I can see how slow i am compared to everyone else...... ;-)
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I've got a Forerunner 220 and I have had no luck (the "Connect" link on the garmin app page is just a link to the garmin connect homepage). I've got a friend with a vivofit that does have the app connected, so it's unclear if it used to work and broke or if it only works for vivofit users.

Edit:
    Nevermind, it's still useless. We're stuck with syncing through runkeeper or strava and then to mfp:
    http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/questions/8055692-connecting-garmin-to-myfitnesspal

I have the same watch and it never worked until this last week. I have at least 2 days that say "Garmin Connect". They automatically synced with MFP after my run. The Sunday morning run worked this week. Today's run didn't work.

Meanwhile on my Garmin Connect App it still shows my calorie goal correctly to include exercise but it doesn't show calories consumed.
  • emmaxbon
    Options
    Just checked my calorie info on garmin connect. My daily target is correct and it's added my exercise cals on (even though they aren't on MFP) but the calories consumed figure is way out. Only showing 238 consumed for the day when it should be closer to 2000.

Clearly major issues with the syncing still, hope it gets sorted. The link with MFP was one of the reasons I got my garmin :|
  • TMattP
    TMattP Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm on Garmin Connect and it seems to be working ok. The news item thing that it posts can be a little out of whack but the exercise calories seem to be ok.

Use my Garmin for running and cycling. I also upload to Stava as that's what my mates use.

I'm using the Forerunner 310xt. Not sure if this makes any difference.

I linked my account within Garmin Connect and now whenever I complete an exercise it's also in MFP.
  • TMattP
    Options
    I'm on Garmin Connect and it seems to be working ok. The news item thing that it posts can be a little out of whack but the exercise calories seem to be ok.

Use my Garmin for running and cycling. I also upload to Strava as that's what my mates use.

I'm using the Forerunner 310xt. Not sure if this makes any difference.

I linked my account within Garmin Connect and now whenever I complete an exercise it's also in MFP.
  • TMattP
    Options
    Sorry double post.
  • cwrig
    cwrig Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Working fine for me both directions. Garmin Forerunner 220.

Just clicked the link to set it up in Garmin Connect (modern view) and from then on out its automatic. Garmin connect shows the calories logged in MFP and MFP shows the calories burned in Garmin Connect.
  • parker313_99
    parker313_99 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Aha. This must be why my run got double logged today. Once from MFP and once from Garmin Connect...
  • emmaxbon
    Options
    Ah, just checked my diary from yesterday and my run has been duplicated. i had already entered it into MFP manually so the other entry must have come over from garmin connect. My calorie / food info is all correct now too.

Happy happy :D
  • PrimalGirl
    PrimalGirl Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've got a Vivofit that works sporadically. Yesterday it synced exercise from Garmin to MFP but didn't sync food from MFP to Garmin....

It's all a bit confusing!
  • Lalex01
    Lalex01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same problem for me! mfp sync activity data from gc, but gc don't show food info!
  • czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    It works fine for me. I have the FR 620. There have been several updates to the app this summer, have you received them? Like a previous poster, the messages garmin connect sends can be a bit weird, but the overall calories are correct. I also have a vivofit that works fine as well.
  • ceemaw
    ceemaw Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    yeah, mine *sort of* works... i don't trust the data to be accurate, but it seems my activities and some of my foods have automagically started to display on garmin connect. i, too, opted for the garmin vivofit based on the belief that it would sync with mfp (which it didn't at all until pretty recently).
  • gregmcc
    gregmcc Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Mine only syncs occasionally. On the Garmin forums there are loads of people having issues. Wish Garmin would fix it but their support is hopeless!
  • Sundogoh
    Sundogoh Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have a forerunner 220. My Garmin Connect links just fine to MFP. My problem is my 220 won't sync with Garmin Connect over bluetooth to my phone anymore. I have to sync it to my computer thru the USB cable.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I have a Forerunner 10 and it syncs every time with MFP without issue