Garmin Connect

Options

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I have the FR210. I disconnected mine from MFP. It synced the calories fine but it showed every activity as running, and I often use mine with the HRM inside the gym for circuit training & other cardio.
  • Surly71
    Surly71 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use a Garmin Edge 510 - this syncs to:
    - Garmin connect...of course through the bluetooth on my phone or via USB using garmin express on PC

Garmin connect then syncs with:
    - Strava, this links and syncs with garmin connect flawlessly, albeit there can be a delay but only up to 30 mins and God knows what calorie calculations Strava uses, but its out by loads - hence this is why I don't link strava to MFP as the calories burned is overstated making me think I've burned more than I have. Garmin have only just released their API for others to feed off, so strave is linked...lovely!
    - MFP - Garmin connects flawlessly, unlike Mapmyride, which is a bag of wank and also overstates calorie burn

I also have a vivofit, but would never rely on it to calculate calorie burn from walking or running, as it doesn't know what distance I've done...how can it from the swing of an arm...if you think you're gong to get accurate metrics for mileage and calorie burn from a vivofit then you didn't do your research.
    The vivofit won't sync with MFP unless it goes through the ANT+ connection on your PC, or the garmin connect app on your mobile phone, and it won't syn through your phone if you're not running Android 4.3. Can't say what iStuff lyncs with all the above.
  • CraigGunther
    Options
    MFP has a page which it lists the other apps you can connect with. With Garmin Connect, it only takes you to the web site for Garmin Connect. What are the steps to follow to actually get the data to synchronize between apps???
    Thanks, Craig
  • splammo
    splammo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    MFP said that it worked with Garmin Connect, and it did, until 17 days ago. Then it stopped syncing back and forth. I started hand entering my workouts in MFP, only to find them showing up on Garmin Connect 4-5 times! Ugh! Plus, the calories quit matching up.

I, like most people, went to the MFP APPs tab to make sure that indeed I was still connected. Then I hit disconnect and tried to reconnect, but it would not let me.

I wrote MFP to report the issue and they said that they are having issues connecting with Garmin Connect.

I switched from FitBit to MFP ONLY because of this promise of syncing. I'll head back to FitBit if this isn't resolved before the first of the year. I NEED to know my calorie input/output for training/weightloss.

FitBit syncs flawlessly with Endomondo. I have my Garmin Connect synced with Endomondo. Problem solved. All my data, unfortunately, will only be on my FREE, ADVERTISEMENT FREE FitBit page. I will miss having it on Garmin Connect, but at least I know it works there.

Come on, MFP, get with the program!
  • splammo
    splammo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    MFP has a page which it lists the other apps you can connect with. With Garmin Connect, it only takes you to the web site for Garmin Connect. What are the steps to follow to actually get the data to synchronize between apps???
    Thanks, Craig

According to my interaction with MFP last week, the syncing with Garmin Connect is malfunctioning and is currently being worked on.

We shall see.
  • lisaburtzel
    Options
    This is super annoying. I just started using my Garmin vivofit and was super excited about syncing it with MFP.. only to find there is no way to connect .. ugh
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    It worked fine yesterday
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I've had it for a week and my last successful sync was Dec 24th. I never saw what it did with the steps. However the activities and food synced fine until a few days ago. The last update about the status was Dec 24th.
  • kaylanhulsebus
    kaylanhulsebus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I cannot get the apps to sync. They say they are connected, but my calories and activity does not go from wone to another. Im frustrated.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Just enter the calories under the exercise portion of MFP. It only takes 30 seconds. It's cool when it works but not a huge deal to be honest.
  • hal1964
    hal1964 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I agree it only takes 30 seconds to do it manually but MFP says Garmin Connect should work. If it doesn't then they should just say that. Just be honest.

I've forgotten the last time it did work for me. I've written MFP and the email response says they are "working on it".

What other apps(besides Garmin Connect to MFP) would work instead?
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every week one of the interfaces isn't working properly.

Mind you, as upthread, Garmin is working for me at the moment.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    I wish the sync would work better but honestly I'm happy with my purchase. When I first got it, all activities synced perfectly and the food easily imported into Garmin Connect. Now I get nothing.

I don't really rely on the steps but they help with the progressive challenges that Garmin automatically put me in as well as the progressive daily goal. I don't have to worry about charging it and it is easy to wear. So far it works well with most of my activities (I had to put it in my pants pocket for better bike tracking). Can't wait to take it swimming.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    Looks like a fix is in.
  • jpfire47
    Options
    Hi I am having the same issue with my Garmin calories just wont update have not done in a few day don't know what the issue is
  • loratliff
    loratliff Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Mine's been back for a few days now.
  • jpfire47
    Options
    yes likewise mine has came back as well
  • judymata
    judymata Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have a Vivo Fit and just connected it this morning with no problems. I know that the Garmin website is having issues. Did you make sure your software was up to date? I don't really have any friends on there yet but would love to add some.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    It's working though the website is a little spotty. I actually got to see the calories for walking coming over to MFP for the first time.
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    My Garmin syncs fine with MFP and always has done, but I have a slightly different problem - now that I am also syncing Garmin to Strava (but note I *don't* have Strava connected to MFP), my runs seem to be getting logged in MFP twice. Anyone know a fix for that, other than just deleting the duplicated run?