Flourless Chocolate Mug Cake (Low- Carb) (Picture Included)

Options
Since, I am on the Keto Diet there are not many sweet treats I'm allowed to have, but this recipe is so delicious, and takes less then 5 minutes to make! It's practically a mini chocolate cake. This satisfies my chocolate craving for less than 100 calories.

Picture: http://i.imgur.com/IQlbxfP.jpg

Nutritional Value:
Calories: 92
Fat: 5.7g
Carbs: 7g

Ingredients:
Cooking spray
1 egg
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tablespoons sugar substitute of choice (I used Splenda)
Pinch salt
1 tbsp heavy cream/almond milk.coconut milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp whipped cream

Directions:
1.Spray the mug with cooking spray.

2. In a small bowl, beat the egg. Set aside. In a separate, slightly larger bowl, mix cocoa powder, sugar substitute, and salt. Add cream/milk, vanilla, and egg to the dry ingredients. Mix well. Add baking powder and mix again.

3. Cook in the microwave until the top of the cake is solid. For me this is about 45 seconds to 1 minute.

4. Flip the cake onto a plate (Careful, will be hot!)

5. After it cools, top with whipped cream :smile:

Replies

• Nicholec2003
    Nicholec2003 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I can't see the picture, but it sounds good. :) Gonna try it tomorrow.
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, will be giving it a try.
  • blatantlyo
    blatantlyo Posts: 30
    Options
    Oops, I'm so sorry! I promise you won't regret it, though. Very yummy!
  • herstrawberri
    herstrawberri Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    interesting. will try
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    That does LOOK tasty!!!
    I might give it a try with my Carbmaster reduced sugar milk , thanks for posting
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tiffanycherie
    tiffanycherie Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe. It looks like a cupcake. Yummy!
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh This sounds so good :) Thanks
  • bethira
    bethira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Wow, that sounds super yummy. I'm not low carb, but a 92 calorie chocolate treat sounds right up my alley
  • catcow888
    catcow888 Posts: 37
    Options
    This sounds too good to be true... so I popped the ingredients into the recipe maker to see how many calories it really is. It's true that the cake itself is about 90cals, but by adding the whipped cream, it adds an extra 100 calories!

I know that your post wasn't meant to be misleading and you probably were just meaning the cake that was 90 calories, it just doesn't really come off that way!

I would hate for anyone to think that the entire thing was below 100 and muck up their calories.

Other than that, it does look lovely and I'll definitely give it a try... whilst logging the correct calories.

Ps. It's also only 90 calories if you use a small egg! If you use large eggs like I do it'll be over 100... still low, but worth knowing!
  • nmmom2
    nmmom2 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have to say I was a little skeptical about how tasty this cake would be, but I just made it and WOW!!! That took care of my chocolate craving and I didn't feel guilty eating it:)

Thanks for sharing.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy!
  • blatantlyo
    blatantlyo Posts: 30
    Options
    I did not intend to be misleading to you! I should have clarified better. The ingredients I used are all low-carb, which tend to be low-cal also. Which are usually the "diet" kind I am sure you are using different ingredients which cause the calorie count to be a lot higher. For instance, I use diet whipped cream, and one serving (2 tbsp) is only 15 calories, whereas yours is 100 calories. Big difference. Also, the small egg I used is only 60 calories. Most people who are dieting automatically use low-cal products, but since your whipped cream has more calories than the cake alone, I would imagine your other ingredients would be similarly high in calories.
  • Kestrelwings
    Kestrelwings Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I only have regular unsweetened almond milk (Alpro) in my fridge at the mo, will it work with that or do I need something 'heavier'?
  • focused4health
    focused4health Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Just tried it. Forgot to put any sweetener but it was still delish. :blushing:
  • feliscatus84
    feliscatus84 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    It looks delicious! I'll have to try it.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    That looks likes those little warm chocolate cakes you get in expensive restaurants!! Any idea on the baking time / temp in an oven. I don't have a microwave at home.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Will try but mine will be a little more calorie as I don't use artificial sugars (personal preference) but it looks fast and yummy. Thanks!
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    IQlbxfP.jpg

well, I tried. Lol