Do you consume most of your calories?

2»

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    I'm usually about 100 on either side of goal (2000), no problem.
    You know, according to this calorie counter thing i can eat over 1800 calories a day since I exercise so much and still loose weight, but I never get anywhere near that. i just don't have a big appetite. yet the fat does not come off any faster :(.

I find this too - why is the fat not melting off quicker when I'm below my calories!
    I started to wonder if maybe it was because I was actually under eating? I'm only hitting my BMR calories so I'm going to (reluctantly) try eating a bit extra for a week and see if that makes any difference. Hopefully I won't put on any weight
    Best results I've had with fat loss has been while eating at a small calorie deficit, not a big one.

• yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    I definitely do. I'm greedy. Why would you not eat them?
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    kristydi wrote: »
    zyxst wrote: »
    If I didn't eat all of my goal calories, I'd get a little stabby with people.

Yup.

I don't understand people who don't want to eat more. Why would you not want to eat the most food you could whilst still achieving your goals?

Exactly. I'm not in a race. I don't need to lose weight as fast as possible. I like food. I like eating food. A good half of my motivation for exercising is the extra calories. I mean yes, I want to improve my cardiovascular health and I enjoy riding the bike with my husband and kids. But also, ice cream and candy and pizza.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    I'm not a consistent logger, but my slow rate of weight loss tells me that yes, yes I do eat most of my calories.