Vanilla almond milk

Options
amser1
amser1 Posts: 215 Member
Hey everyone.... This may be a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway. Has anyone ever tried putting vanilla almond milk in their coffee? What other things do you all do with the almond milk besides eating it with cereal? Looking to get some new ideas.... Thanks :)

Replies

• mixtapes23
    mixtapes23 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes! It tastes great in coffee or even certain flavors of tea. I put almond milk in my smoothies every day. I love the stuff.
  • laura3773
    laura3773 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I mix my breakfast shake powder with it (just instant breakfast stuff, not a protein shake). Make smoothies with it. And yes, it's great in coffee! Although every time it's out my kiddo wants to steal it, so I have to be sneaky.
  • benaddict
    benaddict Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I use it in smoothies, my favorite is frozen cherries, protein powder, almond milk, and ice. :)
  • KatherineMichelle72
    Options
    I have noticed alot of ppl use it in their protein shakes... really you can do just about anything with it... I tried it in my coffee but didnt like it... more due to the visual of it.. it looks grainy in the coffee and so in my coffee I use light vanilla soy milk
  • 1horseygirl1
    1horseygirl1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I was planning on trying it for making my chai latte tonight. I usually have it in my smoothie in the morning for breakfast.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I used to use it to make chocolate milk or hot cocoa. Both taste pretty good.

I, also, would sometimes use it in my pb2 back when I could afford pb2. PB2 comes out tasting a LOT better with almond milk than with water.

And then I'd use it in smoothies and in my oatmeal, as well. :)
  • amser1
    amser1 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm definitely going to try it now for sure. And I never even thought about putting it in shakes/smoothies!!!
  • FD343
    FD343 Posts: 2
    Options
    I use it with coffee and any milk shake or I add it to my protein shake , but I buy the Unsweetened style .
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk! When I can I love to make smoothies, protein shakes, ice cream with it! I have even made some amazing mac and cheese with it! Enjoy!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I have been using it in my coffee lately. It isn't as satisfying as creamer, but it saves me about 350 calories per week. Definitely worth it.
  • theoden524
    theoden524 Posts: 26
    Options
    I use it in my meal replacement shakes as well as cereal. I usually get the kind with extra protein and fiber (unless I pick up the dark chocolate kind). It's really good and haven't gone back to regular 1% milk since!

- Matt
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Makes the best oatmeal
  • WadeLam
    WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Almond milk is great in place of dairy milk in French toast, bread pudding, mashed potatoes, creamy bisques or curries, churned ice cream, baked goods and, as many others have already said, smoothies and shakes. :)
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    It's pretty good to use with canned cream of whatever soup. I also like to use it in my coffee, mashed potatoes, oatmeal, mac and cheese.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Smoothies and chia pudding are a few of my favorite uses.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    I use the unsweetened vanilla almond milk for my shakes. 30 calories a serving and it adds a good taste to a chocolate shake. I use the EAS Lean 100 shake powder (breakfast) and the EAS Recovery Powder (after workouts). They taste the best IMO
  • staceykirk55
    Options
    Used it to make a protein shake with fruit after a workout
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I changed to almond milk when I realised that cow's milk made me bloat. I add to my protein shakes and other milk drinks,
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    1. coffee
    2. hot chocolate!!!!!
    3. protein shake/ smoothie
    4. baking my protein muffins
    5. cream of wheat
    6. creamy soups (if needed but I use plain almond milk and rarely use it)

Thats all the uses I have for it lol. I was never a big milk drinker nor am I a big baker but I found that any recipe that requires milk you can use almond milk or water (unless its pudding, for some reason I never really understood you cant use it for that :grumble: )
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Tried in coffee. Awful! I use it for all other milk purposes.