For the girls...

2»

Replies

• jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Go to Target. They have the sport bras with molded cups and band/cup sizes for $15...in the lingerie dept. I run and have never had any issues. Well just one...can't get it washed fast enough. lol Need to buy a second one.
  • I use Nike sports bras...the ones I have lift, seperate, doesn't stretch out and keep everything where it needs to be :smile: I'm a C but I used to be a DD.

I usually can find them on sale. Last one I bought was for around $20 at Academy.
  • dlcam61
    dlcam61 Posts: 228 Member
    Cheap bras have no support, they are not for medium to high impact activities. I have large girls, and I did a lot of research & ended up buying a Moving Comfort Fiona sports bra. My D's stay put if I run or jump with very little movement, it doesn't dig in, and it wicks sweat. The trifecta of sports bras, but they cost more than your run of the mill junk ones. If you want the support it will cost more. But this was a good investment and has done my girls good ;)
  • anewpath
    anewpath Posts: 200
    I'm a big girl, so finding a sports bra has been a challenge for me. I've spent $30 on a bra, $20 on a bra... and even $2.99 (on clearance on a bar) and I have 1 bra that I LOVE and wear it all the time.. I got it from Target for $16.99... and I will wash it everyday just so I can rewear it... It holds the girls in and they re cute and fun and the price is just righ and super comfyt!!!!

So I don't think price has anything to do with it...

So what kind is it?
  • jboorboor
    jboorboor Posts: 1 Member
    Talking to my trainer and doing research has given me the impression that the walmart/target stretchy sports bras really dont do much for providing any real support. Now Im no expert. Just going on what ive read/heard. I went to Lane Bryant and got one that comes with an underwire (and its not at all uncomfortable) and is made out of breathable material. I wear a 38 DD so I can definitely tell the difference when doing jumping jacks or any type of jumping exercise for that matter. It is something that, if you are going to be exercising a lot, you want to invest some money in just to keep the ta tas on the chest and not dropping down to your ankles for awhile longer.

I will have to go there and check them out. I have yet to find one that fits my DD's comfortably...let alone actually supporting them!! :sad:

Ladies, I am in the same boat...let me tell you...Victoria's Secret...best ever for the twins. They have different kinds, but get the higher impact ones. They have underwire and back closure like a real bra but full coverage and they have the special fabric that keeps mositure away. No sweaty boobs! Super comfy, but a bit spendy...$40-50; worth every penny and then some. :bigsmile:
  • I always double bra it to I go for the wireless bra and then a sports bra I got them from walmart. And my girls r big too, lol. I am also lookin to get a better support system when I workout cause I cant run cause they r to big haha.
  • jteammom
    jteammom Posts: 173
    I have big girls, (36F!) so I need something industrial strength. I have Frog Bras from Title Nine sports. Not cheap, but there is no bounce whatsoever. They are kind of hard to get used to, since they have no clasp and you have to shimmy into them (sort of like putting on a girdle). I have never been able to run before, and with this bra I can. Yahoo!
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    I have big girls, (36F!) so I need something industrial strength. I have Frog Bras from Title Nine sports. Not cheap, but there is no bounce whatsoever. They are kind of hard to get used to, since they have no clasp and you have to shimmy into them (sort of like putting on a girdle). I have never been able to run before, and with this bra I can. Yahoo!

Where do you buy your normal bras???? I'm very close to that size (between a 36 and 38) and it is ridiculous trying to find the smaller band size with the F cup size!! Right now I have a 40DDD that fits incredibly awkwardly (the band and straps don't stay up at all) and a 38DDD which stays up but the girls spill over!
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Talking to my trainer and doing research has given me the impression that the walmart/target stretchy sports bras really dont do much for providing any real support. Now Im no expert. Just going on what ive read/heard. I went to Lane Bryant and got one that comes with an underwire (and its not at all uncomfortable) and is made out of breathable material. I wear a 38 DD so I can definitely tell the difference when doing jumping jacks or any type of jumping exercise for that matter. It is something that, if you are going to be exercising a lot, you want to invest some money in just to keep the ta tas on the chest and not dropping down to your ankles for awhile longer.

I will have to go there and check them out. I have yet to find one that fits my DD's comfortably...let alone actually supporting them!! :sad:

Ladies, I am in the same boat...let me tell you...Victoria's Secret...best ever for the twins. They have different kinds, but get the higher impact ones. They have underwire and back closure like a real bra but full coverage and they have the special fabric that keeps mositure away. No sweaty boobs! Super comfy, but a bit spendy...$40-50; worth every penny and then some. :bigsmile:

I bought something similar to this at Kohl's over the summer. Cotton, underwire, regular closure in the back...I forget the brand, but they were having a sale so I got 2 for $30. Very comfy. I want to say Addidas, but I'll check later and update the brand.
  • undercover
    undercover Posts: 138 Member

Where do you buy your normal bras???? I'm very close to that size (between a 36 and 38) and it is ridiculous trying to find the smaller band size with the F cup size!! Right now I have a 40DDD that fits incredibly awkwardly (the band and straps don't stay up at all) and a 38DDD which stays up but the girls spill over!

You should check out bravissimo.com. Beautiful bras for everyone, but especially for bigger cup sizes. My best bras is from there, and they also have great clothes and swimwear. It's great to be able to buy shirts and blazers with room for everything!
  • jteammom
    jteammom Posts: 173

I usually buy them online. There are several websites; herroom. com, bareneccesities.com, or biggerbras.com. There is a store in Chicago called {intimacy} which has locations in a lot of big cities. (Stacy and Clinton send people to the one in NYC!) That is where I was initially fitted and discovered my correct size, but they are very expensive. The same bras are cheaper online. Nordstrom must also carry them, because I have found some of my favorite brand in my size (yahoo!) on the cheap at Nordstrom Rack outlets.
  • Steph_Anie
    Steph_Anie Posts: 82 Member
    my girls are big and i don't want them moving- so i spend the extra $$ i like the underarmour one i got
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Thanks everyone for all the replies! I think I have a pretty good idea what to look for. Definitely high impact. And maybe something more in the middle. My girls are in the B-C cup area (literally...they are a tad mismatched...haha!) So I think today I might go a looking for something taking all of your advice into consideration! :o)

Thank you!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.