Water, Water, Water

Options
13»

Replies

• Jenny775
    Jenny775 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I refill every time my glass is empty and have no problem getting in 8+ glasses a day. I stay away from the artifical flavorings and will sometimes add lemon slices or mint leaves.
  • Jennkies
    Jennkies Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have been going by a 2 hour interval schedule just drinking one cup each time. I aim for 5am., 7, 9, 11, 1, 3, 5, 7pm.. It seems to help the body stay balanced and I don't seem to need bathroom breaks as often. It helps because I'm not chugging too much at the beginning and then chugging the rest down at the end of the day. I look at the clock and know if its on an odd number i need to get up and drink one cup. I get at least 10 cups a day using this method.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I find I drink more water when it's no extra work. Why is unscrewing a bottle of water and drinking so much more work than drinking from a straw?
    I have no idea.

But I can tell you I consume easily 2-3 times more water when I have one of those solid plastic permanent cups with a straw than I do with a water bottle.
  • lalawaterlala
    lalawaterlala Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I think that I drink about 4, 16.9 fl oz water bottles. should probably be drinking a bit more than that though... i think?
  • timeforme2014
    timeforme2014 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I find I drink more water when it's no extra work. Why is unscrewing a bottle of water and drinking so much more work than drinking from a straw?
    I have no idea.

But I can tell you I consume easily 2-3 times more water when I have one of those solid plastic permanent cups with a straw than I do with a water bottle.

I am the opposite! If i have to pour it into a cup forget about it, if i can grab a bottle and drink I stay with a water bottle in my hand, and consume way more water in a day. lol
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    ... already replied to this thread. Oops.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    You cannot lose any weight by drinking water, any more than you can stand under the shower and wash the faf off.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    What are some tricks you have learned to get your water in for the day? I am trying to drink 12 glasses a day. I know it is important for weight loss, but I find it hard to get that many in and I get so tired of running to the bathroom every 5 minutes.

I drink coffee, tea, soda, and milk. I also eat fruit. This is how my body gets its my hydration for the day.

:drinker: I will never understand why people think they need to force-feed themselves with water.