Carb detox

Options
13»

Replies

• MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I think if I were you I would implement HIIT in your workout so you hit EPOC - and if you are consuming fats more (healthy fats, almonds, and extra virgin olive oil etc.) - your body will burn through that better and easier then through consuming carbs through HIIT.

- I think...

up your intake of nuts and substitute that for the breads - rice is good, I would recommend oatmeal instead - for me it is quicker to make, easier to eat - and rice sux.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I took love carbs so it's going to be brutal...

How is this going to be a lifestyle change if you love carbs and this is going to be brutal? Do you plan to stick to a brutal, painful diet for the rest of your life?

I prefer to lose weight eating pizza and chocolate, but to each his own.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    What exactly is a carb detox?
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm shaking my head at you. What exactly is this "detox" going to accomplish?

Oh, and carbs are not the devil.

Rigger

No, but if you're changing your diet from a carb heavy one to one with more protein or fat (gotta fit those macros into the calories somehow), you probably will be affected.

I went from eating probably 300 grams of carbs a day to about 100-150. Protein went from 40 ish grams to 100-110 grams. I did feel like sh$t for about two weeks. I now feel better than ever, never get tired after eating, am leaner than ever, blah, blah, blah.

I don't have a lot of advice, except that it does get better. If I really struggled, which I did, I'd eat a banana or sweet potato.

Right. I think macros are important but if you're hitting your protein and fat. What gives? I leaned out eating 250g of carbs a day. I eat 300g ish now during my bulk and have leaned out doing so. Meh.

It's more important to focus on overall sustainability. Obviously, you can function that way but I can't. Doesn't make one way better than the other. It's really just about doing what you can stick to long term. I need them carbs for my deadlifts and the things

I guess it just depends on your overall calorie requirements when it comes to grams. I could probably get away with a larger number of carbs (like your 250 grams), but not at my calorie needs if I also want to hit protein or fat, which I feel is more important. I was getting too much of my daily percentage from carbs. So when I made the adjustment, I definitely crashed.

I've been eating this way for over a year, btw. I'm not advocating crazy low carbs (like less than 50 grams/day), but carbs do affect people differently. If I eat a really high carb meal, like pizza or pasta or rice, I feel like total S after. But if I eat a piece of chicken and a sweet potato and some veggies, I feel like a champ. Obviously, YMMV.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I'm shaking my head at you. What exactly is this "detox" going to accomplish?

Oh, and carbs are not the devil.

Rigger

No, but if you're changing your diet from a carb heavy one to one with more protein or fat (gotta fit those macros into the calories somehow), you probably will be affected.

I went from eating probably 300 grams of carbs a day to about 100-150. Protein went from 40 ish grams to 100-110 grams. I did feel like sh$t for about two weeks. I now feel better than ever, never get tired after eating, am leaner than ever, blah, blah, blah.

I don't have a lot of advice, except that it does get better. If I really struggled, which I did, I'd eat a banana or sweet potato.

Right. I think macros are important but if you're hitting your protein and fat. What gives? I leaned out eating 250g of carbs a day. I eat 300g ish now during my bulk and have leaned out doing so. Meh.

It's more important to focus on overall sustainability. Obviously, you can function that way but I can't. Doesn't make one way better than the other. It's really just about doing what you can stick to long term. I need them carbs for my deadlifts and the things

I guess it just depends on your overall calorie requirements when it comes to grams. I could probably get away with a larger number of carbs (like your 250 grams), but not at my calorie needs if I also want to hit protein or fat, which I feel is more important. I was getting too much of my daily percentage from carbs. So when I made the adjustment, I definitely crashed.

I've been eating this way for over a year, btw. I'm not advocating crazy low carbs (like less than 50 grams/day), but carbs do affect people differently. If I eat a really high carb meal, like pizza or pasta or rice, I feel like total S after. But if I eat a piece of chicken and a sweet potato and some veggies, I feel like a champ. Obviously, YMMV.

:) Ya, my calorie floor is pretty high, so I have more wiggle while still hitting my protein and fats. I go well over fats, goodness I love fats lol. ;) I agree different macro ratios work for different people. It is interesting. And yes, too low is dangerous. I think most who do low carb understand that and it is important people understand that carbs are energy. Certain people can just get by with less than others :P