Women who are 5'8, what size pant are you at what weight?

Options
Im about 5'8 and I reached my highest weight at 185 ish. I was pushing a size 12 but they still fit snug. The last couple months Ive been eating better and am more active and although I know I have lost weight (I'm 174 as of today). I dont feel like Ive lost a ton and I really dont see the difference. This weekend I wen shopping for clothes to various stores and all the size 10's and 12's were to big. I ended up with a size 8 in all my pants and a medium in tops, when Im usually a large and a 12. Dont get me wrong Im happy about it but really just surprised. Granted I dont carry my weight in my hips or butt. (I have flat butt :( even though I run and do squats/lunges). And even though I fit into a smaller dress size and look good my arms are still the absolute worse :( I still cant wear sleeveless things.
So Im curious, If your 5'8 how much do you weigh and what size are you in womens clothes?
Also if you have the whole arm flab problem how long did it take you to get rid of that? I feel like im losing weight EVERYWHERE but there.

Size 12
01photo_zps1081d615.jpg
Size 8
photo_zps778a0d44.jpg

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Damn - I'm jealous. 5'8" - 175 - size 14-16. :sad:
  • thinbi
    thinbi Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    5'8 1/2"
    16W
  • bubsquidge
    bubsquidge Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5ft 8in 182lb size 16-18
  • laoliviabeachbum
    laoliviabeachbum Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    5'8 199, UK size 16 (just) but then all my weight is around my middle. The difference between brands is astounding.
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the brand of jeans and your overall shape. Some women are more bottom heavy so even though exactly the same weight and height as someone else, may wear a size or two larger.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm impressed.

5'8"
    165 pounds
    size 10 pants

As for the bat wings in the arms. I'm still dealing with that. They're a little smaller but not gone. I do weightlifting too and while I can feel the muscle underneath, the bat wings are still there. I think I need to lose more in order to lighten that load but I'm beginning to think they'll never go away completely.
  • raegrove
    raegrove Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    you look great! I'm 5'8" 158 and size 10 but some brands size 8. I am not in very good shape. I could use a lot more muscle :(
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Wow. The size variance is huge. I'm a little taller, 5'9" and I'm a size 8 when I'm 165 or so (currently a 10 at 174)
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    I am 99kg and still fit into my size 14 yoga pants. But jeans? I'd probably be an 18 - I stopped buying jeans when I couldn't get a pair of 16s that fit...
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    5'9"
    just fitting into 11/12's...
    although one 12 was too big...
    hoping to be a 10 when I reach my goal weight of 175...
    plus flabby arms - Nothing much to do there... I've got my granny's arms...
  • 2furrycats
    Options
    5'8"
    16 pants..
    Do you feel healthy? This is what I am going for? Healthy!
  • amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    5'8''
    Size 10
    Pretty well proportioned and toned, but would like to lose 15 more pounds of fat. That should put me at a size 6-8.
  • saffron981
    saffron981 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", 130 lbs, and I do size 6 in pants. Sometimes 8! I have very wide hips, so I need bigger sizes.
  • desireeak
    desireeak Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow - this thread has been a real eye opener for me! I am 5'8", 185 lbs. and a size 10. I can fit into an 8 in pants, but they are a little too snug for me to commit to an 8 :) I was actually REALLY discouraged this week because I've only lost like 10 lbs via the scale, but am a completely different person when you look at my clothes. Before I was a 12 (sometimes 14) and a Large or XL in shirts. Now I'm a Medium/10 in everything. My friends keep telling me not to worry about the scale, that I should remind myself that I'm now a smaller size in clothes, but it's still discouraging to look at that number and not see any progress there. I really love seeing that there are posters on here at all kinds of weights and sizes and how different that is for each one of us even though we are all the same height. Thanks for sharing ladies :)

As for the arms, I spoke to my trainer about that when I started really hitting the workouts hard. He told me lots and lots of push-ups, and then more push-ups. I HATE push-ups and didn't like hearing that, but I am definitely seeing progress!
  • KimchiKiller
    KimchiKiller Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    5' 8" 208.6lbs Size 14/16

I remember a long time ago when I got down to 180lbs I was in a size 12, so who knows what size I'll be able to get into when I reach my goal weight of 160! Sooooo excited at the thought of clothes shopping then! :)
  • lloon70
    lloon70 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    134.4lbs- size 6 pants
  • bjg2993
    bjg2993 Posts: 107
    Options
    132lbs, UK size 10 so US 6 (I think?)
  • BUTIgirl212516
    BUTIgirl212516 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm 132 pounds, and size 2-4 (depending on the brand). I've been losing fat pretty fast in my butt and thighs! But I'm really struggling with my arms as well...They're getting stronger but not any smaller. Hopefully with time they'll get better =) Good luck!
  • lmann72
    lmann72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Body types are so different!

206 - Size 14-16 5'7"