Women who are 5'8, what size pant are you at what weight?

Options

Replies

• GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    160 lbs, UK size 12 (US 8). Another 15-20 lbs to go - will hopefully drop another size or two.
  • missladyj631
    missladyj631 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm about 58"-5'9" and I currently weight 168lbs and I'm wearing an 11/12 but they are big so I'm probably into the 9/10 by now :)
  • cathaea
    cathaea Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    220 -- very snug 14, comfortable 16

At 155 (my lowest ever weight), I was only down to a 10/12.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 weighing 197 right now and in size 12s.
  • cgore657
    cgore657 Posts: 1
    Options
    150 lb
    pants vary from 8 to 5 depending on the brand.
  • natalia32
    natalia32 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    5 foot 8
    194 lbs
    Uk size 18

Ive lost a 14lbs so far but my clothes seem look and fit in exactly the same way. Urrrrgh!!

Please add as a friend if you are in a similar way.:tongue:
  • chmtastic
    chmtastic Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!! And someone mentioned Jillian Michaels-- She's great! You can't really spot reduce, but she will definitely help with everything (including the arms)! :smile:

5'8", 138, pants sizes 4-6, tops Med to Small. All depends on the store or brand!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Since this topic is taking off again. I'd just like to take a moment to point out that the actual BMI range for women at 5'8" is QUITE LARGE. I am currently 165lbs in the right hand photo on my avatar, as I said I'm wearing a size 8 to 10. By weight I am *technically* still overweight.

According to BMI I could go down to 124lbs and still be at a healthy weight. Obviously, I'm not going to ever actually get that low. I consider 150lbs to be VERY low weight for me. So ladies, please keep in mind when setting your goal weights, for some of you 130 to 140 pounds will be completely reasonable, for others, it really REALLY won't.
  • veggieluvr45
    veggieluvr45 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm 177 and a 10 or 12 depending on the cut (my weight is pretty much concentrated in my thighs and rear but I have a small waist). In dresses and skirts I can generally wear a Medium. When I was down to 160 a while back I was a very comfortable 8, sometimes a 6.
  • want2bskinneegal
    want2bskinneegal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow I want to be that skinny! Not posting a pic until I do, lol
  • nowiners
    nowiners Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    5'7". 184. the 12s are pretty snug today. wearing a skirt.
  • cathaea
    cathaea Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Since this topic is taking off again. I'd just like to take a moment to point out that the actual BMI range for women at 5'8" is QUITE LARGE. I am currently 165lbs in the right hand photo on my avatar, as I said I'm wearing a size 8 to 10. By weight I am *technically* still overweight.

According to BMI I could go down to 124lbs and still be at a healthy weight. Obviously, I'm not going to ever actually get that low. I consider 150lbs to be VERY low weight for me. So ladies, please keep in mind when setting your goal weights, for some of you 130 to 140 pounds will be completely reasonable, for others, it really REALLY won't.

This is great advice.
  • AmberLeannnn
    AmberLeannnn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    5'9"
    171 lbs
    Size 11, almost in a 9
  • ameliad87
    ameliad87 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I hate my mom pooch :( I think I would be down a size as right now I'm a 16, 5'8", and 190 lbs. My pants right now are loose in the thighs and butt, but fit just right at the waist...SO ANNOYING. My goal is 140 lbs and a size 6...we'll see if that ever happens.
  • Lilanivd
    Lilanivd Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 weigh around 183 pounds and wear a size 12/14 UK. I am not sure how that translates to the US sizes. Even at my thinnest the smallest size I could wear was a size 10.
  • DiCez
    DiCez Posts: 9
    Options
    you may not see the differance, but trust me there's a differance alright. you look AMAZING! congrats

i'm a bit taller, 5'9 and 160lbs....and a size 12 :\ i might have small bones? or a lot of fat
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    5'8", 150, size 8. I was size 6 at 140, my ugw.
  • veg56kg
    veg56kg Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    5'8, 125-130ish, size 3-6 depending on the brand. :) In JCPenny brand 'Degree' I'm a size 3. Hope this helps!
  • chinook44
    chinook44 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am a smidge over 5'8", and my story has seemed to go like this:

170s = Size 12 (31) *Highest weight was 178.
    160s = Size 10 (30)
    150s = Size 8 (29)
    140s = Size 6 (28)
    130s = Size 4 (27) *This was me all through my 20s. My UGW is 135.

As of today, I am officially at 150.0 ... and just starting to plan my transition into size 6. :smile:

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK GIRLS!
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options

This is great advice.
    Totally agree. I went down to around 134 lbs once and I was all skin and bones and giggly flesh, even though I didn't really feel all that bad or weak or anything. I deliberately went back up to 145 and started looking the way I wanted to. Which is why that's my goal weight this time. Albeit with a lot more muscle and a lot less jiggly-ness than the last time. :smokin: