which greek yogurt brand is better?

Options

Replies

• aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I love fage (full fat not 0% fat one) I put raspberries on it!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    My favorite for taste, texture, and price is Friendly Farms from Aldi. Less than $4 for a quart. (I prefer plain so I can add my protein powder)
  • nsantoro126
    nsantoro126 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like Stonyfield. It's organic so no pesticides, growth hormones or artificial ingredients. The blueberry (fruit on the bottom) is DELICIOUS (17 carbs and 12 grams of protein).
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I prefer Fage, it has the best texture and flavor to me.

The Dannon and Yoplait Greek yogurts both have artificial sweeteners, which is not something that I'm opposed to on principle, but it gives it a weird fake taste to me.

Costco has good prices for a box of them, and Target runs sales pretty frequently.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    If you can find it (they make it in Eugene, Oregon), Nancy's is awesome. It is organic, tasty, and the whole milk probiotic Greek yogurt has 7 grams of sugar/carbs.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Fage. It doesn't have stuff added. I use it as a starter for my own yogurt, and works better than any other brand.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Fage. It doesn't have stuff added. I use it as a starter for my own yogurt, and works better than any other brand.

YUP! FAGE all the way. I am Greek- I used to make my own as well, but couldn't make enough fast enough! To make Greek style yogurt the whey is strained, creating a thicker yogurt. YOu get less yogurt that way and that's why it's more expensive. Cheaper brands just usually add stuff to make the yogurt thicker.

The fewer the ingredients, the better. I buy other brands but always get mad at myself later for trying to save a dollar! You only need milk and live cultures in your yogurt- pectin, locust bean gum, xanthan gum, etc are not necessary. I add my own vanilla, fruit, honey, oats, or nuts.
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    mostly have Dannon 80 calorie yogurt. Good protein and low sugar
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's brand is king!!
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    If you can find it in your store... Green Mountain Creamery plain non-fat Greek only has 80 calories in 5.3 oz and is the lowest in sugar & carbs of all the brands. My second choice is Trader Joes plain non-fat Greek at 60 calories per half cup. I never buy the flavored, too much sugar. I only buy the plain and add my own fruit, nuts, hemp seeds and some stevia for a sweetner.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's brand is king!!

Agree
  • jeannemarie333
    jeannemarie333 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Chobani :) Ditto with above - "Ingredients I can pronounce"
  • bruceg333
    bruceg333 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually buy the Wal-Mart Great Value Lite Nonfat Greek Yogurt. I can't say it's the best, but I really like it and the price is good. I've also tried the Dannon Lite & Fit and have no complaints with it either. They both do the job for me.
  • Jess__I__Can
    Jess__I__Can Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Fage.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    fage. no question
  • rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I used to eat the Chobani but since they use GMOs, I don't anymore. I tried the Fage, I didn't like it. I've been trying a few of the Yoplait 100 Calorie Greek ones and so far so good.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    My all time favorite greek yogurt is a brand called Nancy's. But out of the three you listed I like Fage Total, I like the full fat ones.

http://www.nancysyogurt.com/index.php/makingof/probiotics
  • kanaud
    kanaud Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If texture is the main issue, you might wan to try skyr! It is a lot like greek, but a little thicker. Siggi's is the brand they sell at target.
  • nentecular
    nentecular Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Fage is quite simply the best. The other 'Greek style' yoghurts don't even come close.
  • alphabetsoup2013
    alphabetsoup2013 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Liberte.