• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Sylvia:flowerforyou:
    :heart: MNMargaret
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    When I went to the grocery store today I found some whole chickens for $5, so I bought two and roasted both of them in the oven and DH took them off the bone when they cooled. We had some of the breast meat and homemade mashed potatos with with real gravy for dinner. Delicious!

Weird thing today. Today the doorbell rang and there was Comcast telling me there was a problem somewhere in our workings. Turns out the cable between our wall and the modem was 'trash talking' causing problems for our neighbors' internet access. I don't know if they checked every connection on the road until they got to us or what, but they ended up creating a new cable and going on their way.

I've been cross stitching some this weekend, which haven't done for a long time. So glad I had the cataract surgery.

The boss called and I need to be in at 6:30a tomorrow...no late night for me tonight and I'll set up the coffee for the morning.

Off to set up coffee and get settled for the night.

Gail, metro ATL
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday,Sylvia........Hope you had a nice day. We had a quiet wk end with sunny weather. Had light rain this eve.

Made spaghetti & meatballs. I don't eat the spag sauce,just don't care for it.Froze quite a few meatballs to use for other meals.

Really need to get on scales & find out if I am staying the same or gaining Boo Hisss

Ordered a jacket/coat on line. Had to send one back last winter. Was super hot Wore it once & was a sweaty mess! This one will be fine for all but coldest temps.That's ok.Already have 2 very wintery coats.

Hub's friend stopped by with green onions,red & green peppers,cucumbers from their garden.Have a big bowl of cukes in fridge YUM.
    Pat in Ohio
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happy Birthday, Sylvia.....even if your hubby didn't remember, lots of friends here did.....i hope you got back from Canada safely....where do you go next?

:flowerforyou: My step count was much lower today due to a long lunch with our friends followed by inviting them back to the house to talk some more.......i called my cousin while I walked the dogs after the friends left.

:heart: Barbie from extremely sunny and very beautiful NW Washington.
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Disguising my bump as a good night to everyone post! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Carol in NC
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Happy Birthday, Sylvia. You were in Canada? Where? Which ferry. Next time message us Canadian gals first, okay? Surely, a person should encounter happier experiences than what you described.

I had a great day yesterday, but may have overdone it. Not feeling well today, so I did not do much. DD came over to visit with the two little people. Oh, are they ever so cute. She says they nap better at our house than theirs. Possibly due to the fact that our house remains fairly cool and quiet. When they slept, I had a nap too. :yawn:

Goodnight ladies. Have a great week.

Renny
    Vancouver Island, BC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Sylvia! I hope you enjoyed your day.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I forgot to wish Sylvia a happy birthday. Well I ate some cake and ice cream for you so that you wouldn't be tempted to!!!

One last neat thing that happened for trinities birthday. We used to have a cat that everyone called the attack cat. She was terrible, to everyone except Charlie and I and she was very loving to us. She died and we got Melody. My daughter had a cat named La La. When you have little kids, they get strange names. She also died unexpectedly. She was a full blooded persian and she was never vetted or groomed so she probably had a massive hair ball. Trinity really misses her La La. Meloday tolderates them, will sit on the couch beside them and let then pet her. But today as they were getting ready to leave Melody just jumped up on her lap and sat there for about 10 minutes just letting Trinity loved on her and give her all the love she has wanted to give La La for 3 years. That was her birthday present for her. Of course little sister was quite jealous.

Oh, my Fit Bit stayed dry, just put it into a zip lock freezer bag and put it in either my bra or swim suit.

Joyce, Indiana
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Yanniejannie: hope you’re feeling a little better today. :flowerforyou:

Sylvia: hope you have a good birthday today! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Meg: you’re right; I don’t have any river rock to move! And I’m glad I don’t, to be honest.

Michele: you must have really “toned” arms now! Christmas trees?? :noway:

Joyce: thanks for the long story about the amusement park. Hope you’re not too tired today (I would be). Good cat story!

Woke up early this morning, so I'm feeling kind of tired. Sometime this morning my friend will come and pick up my dog. He always stays with her during vacations etc. Usually I bring him myself, but she called yesterday and offered. She has a few dogs herself and always takes good care of him. She has to give him eye drops and different meds, watch out that he doesn't overexert himself (orthopedic problems) and now she'll have to put a kind of sleeve on him at night (his elbow is raw from lying down, even though we have carpeting). She never complains. Oh yes, she'll also have to get his pee checked after he finishes the ten days on the antibiotics. We have the same vet, so no problems there either. I'm really grateful he has a good place to stay while I'm away.

I always really miss him when he's not in the house, though. :heart:

After she picks him up I'll start organizing stuff and packing. We have to get up at about 4 or 4:30 tomorrow morning. I am NOT a morning person. :grumble: I wasn't paying attention when I made the reservations. :frown:

Hope everyone has a good day!
    Cynthia :flowerforyou:
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Going to sleep now. More tomorrow.

Sylvia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Joyce - you did a great job at the amusement park.:flowerforyou: What a day! Have a good rest now.:flowerforyou:

Meg - I didn't dye my sleeve, I dyed my arm with a temporary stain.:laugh: The arm that has the sleeve on it never sees the sun :ohwell: so, as I wanted to go sleeveless for the restaurant, I wanted to match up the colour!:laugh: I made a pretty good job of it, but DH said I hadn't managed to paint on the freckles! ! !:laugh: Next time I can try to copy those.:drinker:

By the way, for those of you who are despairing of their loose skin - I noticed this weekend when I went sleeveless for the first time in ages, that my skin has got much smoother. Even on the lymphodema arm, which used to look like a deflated balloon as it has shrunk so much, the loose skin has tightened up. I am sooooo happy about it as it was stopping me wearing anything sleeveless. And now I know I can paint my arm to match I am even happier! ! ! :tongue: The sleeve is a real drag, especially in this hot weather, but I have to wear it nearly all the time. I have beige ones, and black ones which I like better.
    So, the good news is, that the loose skin will shrink back a bit eventually, unless, of course, you have huge amounts. Mine has taken 7 months.

Cynthia - Bon Voyage! Great to know your dog is going to be well looked after. That is such a blessing.:flowerforyou: A friend of mine, who has two beagles, pays for a professional dog sitter for her frequent holidays and it costs them a fortune! However, it is clear that the dogs adore this woman and are always happy to jump in her van without a backward look and their tails wagging ! ! ! ! ! ! They also need a gardener for their huge veg garden and beautuful displays of flowers. Makes going on holiday very expensive!:laugh: No surprise that they take their main holidays in the winter.:tongue: as we do.
    Our poor flowers and veggies were panting by the time we got back after two days away. Even the shrubs and trees are drooping. I had to throw several buckets of water at one poor shrub. We are forecast rain today - just in time for the cricket!:tongue: But I am not holding my breath.:noway: It does look overcast.
    It really annoys me when the weather forecasters, say things like "Unfortunately there might be some heavy showers today", when at least half the country are gardeners and desperate for rain.:grumble: Not to mention the poor farmers. I will be sorry for DH today though if it rains. He has just gone out of the door for the cricket.

So good to get back to my exercise regime today. Did 470 on the machines and 94 strength training. So 564 cals of lovely food to eat. Got to get rid of 900 calories this week to atone for my weekend.:tongue:
    Tonight we are having skinnytaste.com's Easy Crustless Spinach and Feta Pie, one of our favourite meals. We have double portions and still come in well under. Will have it with some of our yellow zucchini in tomato and garlic. DH some new potatoes.

Got the day to myself.:happy: I will probably watch my Jane Eyre film.:bigsmile: If our guest was still coming I woukd be running around shopping, cleaning and cooking, but he is not so I can just relax.:bigsmile:

Heather in cloudy and cooler Hampshire UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    yesterday was a long long day...
    went to Jacqui's yesterday morning, beautiful house, a lot of the regulars came, and lordy lordy the food.
    the only thing that I really should have eaten and did was steel cut oatmeal with walnuts and cranberries, which was yummy..
    but there were crossants,didnt have that, 4 different quiches,had a sliver of one, bagels and cream cheese,broke down and had a 1/2 of pumpernickel with plain greek yogurt and a splash of jam,bacon sausage,potatoes,, had one piece of each and a small spoonful of potatoes and some pomegranate green tea.. one of the group went on a cruise to Alaska so she brought her laptop to show us the pictures, how beautiful!!!!
    well then I had to stop at home depot for the DH so I didn't get home until almost 11 am to have my brother call as I am pulling saying that he and Jean wouldn't be going to the picnic at my uncles yesterday.. I was beyond ticked off. the only reason I was going is because he was going,but it all worked out....
    made DH his dinner before I went,and I got some quality time with my uncle his girlfriend,my cousin TJ and his daughter and my dad.
    I did have more food:grumble: so yesterday was basically a wash. I didn't pig out and I got over 11.000 steps but know I went over on calories
    my father is living on his social security and the 200.00 a month my son is paying him for rent.he is broke, has no savings and has 2 leins on his home..I spoke with my uncle out of earshot of my dad,and we all agree that the place up in New Hampshire has to be sold,, the land is worth much more that the house is, It is in such disrepair that it would take several hundred thousand dollars to get it really back in shape, Sean and I don't have that kind of money and neither do my children,I am heartbroken,but it has to be done... I told Uncle Tom not to bring it up yesterday but to get together with dad and hash it out, right now the place is in my Uncles name for tax purposes.. had a nice talk with Uncle Tom as we walked on the beach ,,, he is putting his home up for sale too.. it is a cute little place too.. his late wife was like my mom and dad , a pack rat and Donna has really fixed up the place beautifully.
  • gmom316
    gmom316 Posts: 244
    Options
    Good Morning from my poor battered desktop,

Finally got it back yesterday but it's stripped clean. Even though I have a back up, it seems I'm going to have to rebuild by hand and some of the software won't reload because it's no longer available on my "ancient" 5 year old computer. :sad: :mad: :ohwell:

On the plus side it seems I'm another couple pounds down. I went with 1 on my check in to be safe. Don't want to backslide.

Busy day with work, a pesky child, etc. Looks like a cool, rainy week around here. Might get something caught up and it also gives me a chance to do some indoor stuff with Aaron.

Hope everyone is well and ready to face another week with strength, confidence and smart choices.

xo- Gloria in Metro Detroit
  • moeggep
    moeggep Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hello to All,
    It's Monday and I should be at work, I called off. I'm not sick, if we had personal day's that is what this should have been. I just needed a day to regroup and catch up. Since the week I took off to help my DD with the new baby and my other two DGChildren I feel like I've been behind and a bit frazzled.
    My grandson's party turned out really nice, the weather held and it didn't storm until I was actually driving home. When I got home I got in the frig to put some stuff away, I had a gallon of mint tea and ended up dropping it. Man what a mess, the bottom of the gallon split wide open and tea went everywhere. I had to move the frig and everything. It was storming like crazy and I just knew the lights were going to go off before I could get it all cleaned up. But I did it.
    Yesterday I worked at a different Y, in the fitness room. This Y is much bigger than the one I work at and much busier. In the fitness room they have a computer stand and no seats. I had to stand or walk the whole four hours and my feet and hips really hurt. I can walk but standing that long in one place really hurts.

Tina MD, I love the name "Good & Plenty", so cute. and the family style dinner I wonderful.

Sylvia, Happy Birthday a day late.

Barbie, WOW, 27,000 steps!

Welcome Becky!

Mimi, 100 lbs is awesome, I want to achieve that goal and hope to before the year is out, you are an inspiration!

I have a lot to do today, I need to clean and catch up on laundry, get my work out in, pay my bills, cook some for the week and do all the stuff I should have yesterday.

Excited to participate in the Color Run next week-end, esp. since I get to spend the time with the twin DGD's and we are volunteering for charity, which I think all children need to learn to do.

OK, good health and happiness to all today,
    God Bless,
    Patty, Cincinnati OH
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday to all. I had a cottage weekend it was beautiful weather went on two long four wheeler bike rides. We have a side by side. I like that one. It's automatic so I get to drive well sometimes. Like Sat. hubby had a few beers to many. So I drove back to cottage.
    With all that wii gave me a loss of 1.8 and now under 200 I don't ever want to see it again. I keep getting under then go over. So please give me big push to keep going under.
    Now to go and get the red tomatoes. That will be lunch with I don't know not bread lol.

See you all lighter
    Linda in Northern Ontario.
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    PUSH===PUSH========BIG PUSH!!!!!

Linda.........That's me giving you the big push you wanted!!! BTW, congrats!!!!

Back later,
    yanniejannie
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Thank you all again for the sweet birthday wishes. It really made my day! And yes, hubby did sort of forget. He said he remembered before, when he was planning our trip, but thought the trip was the gift, so he didn't think he needed to do anything else. After he thought about it, he admitted that the trip was more for himself than for me, and he said he was sorry. He said I could pick whatever I wanted to do, and I wanted to go to the gardens, but he thought that was too expensive, so I wanted to walk around downtown where there was a craft fair. He tolerated that for about ten minutes, then he thought of somewhere he wanted to go, and that was that.

We got back into the states on the last ferry of the night, and got to our hotel about midnight. It's the same one we stayed in two nights ago, and we really liked it, so we came back. It's just a little mom and pop type place. Not a big chain, and if you drove by on the street you probably would not want to stop, but he found it online and booked it so we were kind of stuck with it the first time. It turned out to be a really clean quirky little place with about 30 rooms. Each room has a little balcony that looks out over Oyster Bay in Puget Sound. Stunning views! They put out a killer breakfast with homemade cinnamon rolls, Danish and muffins. This morning I had cereal and half of a huge fresh blueberry muffin. Yum! I got up at 6:00 and sat on the balcony taking pictures. Oh, and the shower is the best we've had on any trip anywhere. It's like a firehose, and the water is not too soft.

So, this morning we are headed to the Space Needle, then we're not sure. There is so much to see! After Seattle we are going to Mt Ranier, but I am NOT climbing any mountains. My downhill muscles are aching already. I've done over 16,000 steps the last four days and I need a rest. My hips and knees are in open revolt!

Gloria, good luck with your software. I too have ancient computers. One desktop and one laptop. They have Windows XP. I can't upgrade because the newer windows don't work with my ancient CAD software, and if I got a new pooter I'd have to upgrade the software which would be about $3,000. So I limp along. I don't know why they force us to upgrade. If it works, why change it?

Well, hubby has given me a job to do while he's in the shower, so I'd better get busy. I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

Sylvia
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy mon.
    The temps are cooler today,in the 70`s.
    Violet has some games in mind.We had breakfast at Violet`s kitchen.
    HUGS
    jane
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: I’ve found that my skin has done a decent job of shrinking to fit, too, although I wouldn’t mistake myself for a twenty year old. I think living a healthy lifestyle, exercising, taking the weight off slowly, and avoiding tobacco products all help with this. So does drinking more water. I hope you get the rain you need. Perhaps it will miraculously occur at night and avoid the cricket matches. I think the rain is more important than a dry sports event. I wonder whether Cricket can be played in the rain. Thinking about it, football and soccer are regularly played in any weather, but baseball gets postponed for rain. I think of baseball as somewhat similar to cricket. Enjoy a relaxing day.:flowerforyou:

Gloria: My MacBookPro is also 5 years old and works just fine. The people at the Apple store were aghast at its age and told me a new one would be sooo much faster. My son backed up my computer, reformatted the hard drive, and then reloaded all my files. It works MUCH faster now. :bigsmile: :smokin: Congratulations on your weight loss! Keep up the good work.:flowerforyou:

Michele: I worry about you holding on to the hurts your son inflicted in the past couple of years. You may be right that he is staying in better touch because of the money issue, but he also may be growing up. I hope you will be able to let go of enough of the hurt to get past your own pain and heal. :flowerforyou:

Mimi: I missed something important. 100 pounds? Wow!:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

Lin: WELCOME TO ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!:drinker::bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile:

Sylvia: I LOVE the Seattle waterfront and go there every chance I get. I haven’t been up in the Space Needle since 1964. I hope you enjoy it.:flowerforyou:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

July Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!