Replies

• FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options

According to the naturopath

Stop talking to woo merchants.
  • workshardplaysharder
    Options
    Or you can just eat at a deficit or exercise.
    I know, your mind is blown right?

Sure, if your only goal is weight loss. I want to eat the kinds of foods my body needs to stay healthy, weight loss is secondary to health for me.

How do you know what kinds of foods your body needs? Did you get a list like the 10 commandments or something?

No, hence the question about the blood type diet... If I knew what foods would make me feel the best, I wouldn't need to ask about other people's experiences with particular diets.

According to the naturopath I went to see the other day I may be gluten intolerant, and he suggested that I take a look at the blood type diet (I'm type O - apparently type O's often can't handle gluten very well). I'd never even heard of the blood type diet and haven't seen anything in the way of scientific literature about it. So I thought I'd ask about other peoples experiences with it.

So what sort of test did your natruopath do to determine that you may be gluten intolerant? And where in the world does it say that someone who is Type O can't handle gluten?

Seriously, just eat fruits, veggies, lean meats, eggs, and all the good stuff that's out there, count your calories and exercise.
  • caseyjarryn
    caseyjarryn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wow, so after doing some research, it would appear that Peter D'Adamo, the creator of the blood type diet, makes several assertions in his books (yes, not peer reviewed papers) that are simply scientifically inaccurate.
    I'll be taking everything my naturopath says in my next session with a grain of salt... and probably won't go back after that.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Wow, so after doing some research, it would appear that Peter D'Adamo, the creator of the blood type diet, makes several assertions in his books (yes, not peer reviewed papers) that are simply scientifically inaccurate.
    I'll be taking everything my naturopath says in my next session with a grain of salt... and probably won't go back after that.

Good for you! :drinker: