Looking for Atkins/ Low Carb friends

Options

Replies

• bakineakin
    bakineakin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also doing a low carb/high protein diet! Needing some support and advice, please add! :)
  • Kimeanb74
    Kimeanb74 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Please add me..I'm doing low carb. Love it but could always use and give support! :happy:
  • chrome_princess
    chrome_princess Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low carb too. Nothing is really off-limits, I just have to make sure it allows in my carb count for the day.

Yay high-protein and low carb lifestyle!
  • cjgal67
    cjgal67 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing low carb (30-50 carbs a day). It's the only way I can lose consistently.

Please add me.
  • RakelD
    RakelD Posts: 2
    Options
    starting my low carb LKL and need friends and suggestions in food ;)
  • singlemom73
    singlemom73 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Starting low carbs as well, feel free to add me, we can never have enough support :smile:
  • caspercb
    caspercb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi, I try to keep my carbs down to below 50g a day and calories at around 1300.
    I have blips, usually when I eat out with friends or when I visit my Mum.
    My dairy is open, feel free to add.
  • sam5338
    sam5338 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am just starting to use myfitnesspal and recently was told that I need to be on a low carb diet for health reasons. I haven't had much luck...I've had alot of trouble sticking to it, and no support.

Please feel free to add me. I would love any receipe suggestions! Especially ones that are simple for weeknights.

Thanks!
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Low Carb, High Fat, Moderate protein (Atkins) as well. Anyone who consistently logs and shares their diary can add me for support. I could use some as well.
  • 59gi
    59gi Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    So so excited to see this post. Add me in also. Back from vacation and ready to get this going again. Lost 19 pounds keeping my carbs down and calories usually are also low, because I also eat clean. Let's do this!:happy:
  • MzzNkki
    MzzNkki Posts: 57
    Options
    bmp
  • marieelaine20022000
    marieelaine20022000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Ive just started low carb. Week one is over and its working really well. I would love to connect with more people to share food diaries and ideas etc :smile:
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    Add me. I am an Adkins follower. I eat 25 or less carbs a day.
    I did the calorie counting thing with great success, then I plateau'd as well and started Adkins with even more success.
    I feel much better when I eat less carbs. I used to have acid reflux which disappeared when I stopped eating bread, pasta, rice etc.
  • sjacobs28
    sjacobs28 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    yay felllow low carbers....Anyone feel free to add me also!
  • toribell92
    toribell92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm starting the Atkins diet next Monday. I'm currently 145lbs and not big as such but could still do with losing 15lbs or so. Would people recommend Atkins?
  • Vickilite
    Vickilite Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm watching carbs and calories, and trying to do so healthfully. That is, I don't just stay under the numbers eating anything that keeps me in range. I'm trying hard to put a big emphasis on veggie and lean proteins. I've lost about 13 lbs out of 64. Love simple, low carb, low cal recipes and always looking to share. I religiously keep my food diary and my friends can see it. Started my weight lost journey about 5 weeks ago. If you are like minded, please feel free to friend me.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    There is nothing special about Atkins, its all about deficit. Haven't you heard. There is no reason to watch carbs.
  • poo42
    poo42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been on atkins for a month and I've lost about 7 pounds. I would love to have support on this program too.

I stay in Singapore and it's really difficult to find atkins friendly food most of the time :(

As a result, I eat boiled eggs and fish most of the time!

I'm planning on moving to the next phase of atkins soon which is the OWL. Hopefully my weight loss won't stall and I'll have more energy to be actively exercising.

Did anyone notice that while on atkins, we might actually end up eating less calories? I think one of the main reasons I lost weight is because of this.

In any case, thanks to the diet, I managed to break off my carb addiction.
  • QueenMudcrab
    Options
    Im eating low carb at the moment and trying to eat under my KJ totals set for each day.
  • poo42
    poo42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just checking in... I've lost 12 pounds in 2 months. Although it doesn't seem alot but I feel good! Now I'm moving into maintenance mode, so I get to enjoy lots more greens and nuts and fruit :)