Anyone losing just sticking with MFP plan?

Options
12346»

Replies

• mrslstage
    mrslstage Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yes. Been counting every calorie for the last year.
  • time4change2k14
    Options
    I've lost 17 lbs in 44 days just by tracking my calories, incorporating low impact exercise (since I was/am severely overweight and have fibromyalgia, so I'm taking it easy at first) and cutting out soda (because I was addicted) and beef (because I discovered it bloats me). I still eat plenty of chicken, pork, fish, carbs and sugars - and junk food in moderation.

I'm learning a lot about my body as well. In fact, I'm in the process now of having some intolerance symptoms and about to eliminate three things from my diet to find the culprit. I've also found my body is more capable than I thought it was and I can do more than I realized.

I really believe tracking calories and moving as much as is possible for you is the key to losing weight. We complicate things far, far too much.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Yup!
  • deup
    deup Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Been doing what mfp auto puts in lost 80 lbs in 5 months and still loading
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    So far so good. Used the MFP plan, log every day and have been losing about 1 lb a week just like it said I would.
  • Kikilarue59
    Kikilarue59 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I started May 25th and I have just been tracking. I am doing about 1200 calories a day. So, I have been losing weight. I'm now at about the 6 week point and I have had enough success so that I feel like slowly getting into exercise. I'm starting with just working in my garden and now I have order a fitbit and I'm going to be tracking and synching my walking. And I am starting slow on this also. I am working toward doing the 10,000 steps a day. and will joined the 100 mile challenge that is on this site also.

I think by starting slowly so that my body gets used to being more active is the way to go, it's worked that way for eating, and now I am applying that lesson to moving more.
    Good luck to you... I wish you great success.
    JoAnna
  • zenhiker2014
    zenhiker2014 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well, I've been on MFP for about 20 weeks following a 1 lb a week plan, and I've lost 20 lbs. so yeah, I'd say it works.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Yes. Today's my 758th straight day of logging.

No fad diets, magic potion pills,or weight loss surgery here.
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • fittyinthemaking
    fittyinthemaking Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    hell yeah! MFP FTW!
  • cmbrown32
    cmbrown32 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It works for me. I can watch my calorie, fat and sodium intake. I'm on a low-sodium, low-fat diet. I stay away from processed foods, fried foods, most snack foods (except the occasional Pirate's Booty or plain popcorn) and sugary foods. I eat lots of fruit and veggies which help to keep me full along with making sure I eat enough protein, for me, at each meal. I can live the rest of my life eating this way. The weight is coming off a little slower than in the past when I've used "diets" to lose the weight but I know that I can keep it off this time because I won't have the change the way I eat when I get to my goal weight. I'll just adjust the calories to maintain my weight.