Facebook vacation photos :(

Options

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    You could pick an affordable destination, make a budget, make a savings plan, then work toward your goal?
  • JGonzo82
    JGonzo82 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    A couple of tanks of gas and a tent. There are usually campgrounds near the beach where the thrifty vacationer can camp out and be near the beach all in one trip. You could spend the holiday weekend at the beach if you wanted. Pick your nearest beach location, look up the number for that city's government, and ask if there are campgrounds near the beach.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

^^^
    Yup, camping at the beach is very low-budget. Find a buddy (or 2...or 3...) who would also like to go and ya'll can split the cost of gas etc too. Pack a cooler with sandwiches and other inexpensive foods so that you don't have to eat out the entire time you're there. A lot of campsites are like $8-15/night (some are "expensive" at $25/night but that's still WAY cheaper than the cost of a hotel).
    And like several other people have said, if being on Facebook makes you so depressed and woe-is-me, maybe you need to take a break from it. I don't think any of your FB friends are trying to rub your face in it or make you feel bad.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm ready for the rude comments bring them on Lol

Why would I make rude comments when I can just post pics of my last vacation instead?

:drinker:
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    My family and I can't afford vacations either.. So we chose different towns in the states around us and have mini day trips to get us out of town :) We pack a picnic lunch and go. You can still go exploring without spending a lot of money.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    My family and I can't afford vacations either.. So we chose different towns in the states around us and have mini day trips to get us out of town :) We pack a picnic lunch and go. You can still go exploring without spending a lot of money.

For us, that is a major part of our lives that we enjoy. At least once a month (or more) we take day trips or 2-3 day mini vacations and love it. While we do take a couple of larger trips each year, I consider some of those little getaways even better than one big trip!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    You want to close your Facebook account because other people go on vacation? Gawd I'd hate to be near you when I'm eating some food you'd like to have, are you going to slap it out of my hands and go run in the corner? :huh:

You are an adult. If you want to take a vacation, save up your nickels and dimes, collect enough PTO and just go already. Why are you letting what other people do affect you so much? Don't like it? Do something about it.
  • LifeHappens40
    Options
    Thanks for all the nice comments and some ideas on how I can afford to go to the beach, I'm about 9 hours drive away from the beach, hopefully one day I'll get to go! :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the nice comments and some ideas on how I can afford to go to the beach, I'm about 9 hours drive away from the beach, hopefully one day I'll get to go! :)

That is not super far! Maybe you could set a goal of later this summer, or next summer depending on your finances. Good luck!!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I live about an hour-and-a-half away from Charleston, SC, so I can go to the beach for the day on about a half a tank of gas ($15 for my Nissan Versa). Beeeee jealous. :)

Jealous of a Sou5th Carolina beach? Ew, not a chance. :sick:
  • Proph24
    Proph24 Posts: 195
    Options
    I live about an hour-and-a-half away from Charleston, SC, so I can go to the beach for the day on about a half a tank of gas ($15 for my Nissan Versa). Beeeee jealous. :)

Jealous of a Sou5th Carolina beach? Ew, not a chance. :sick:

smack yourself....theres a little place called myrtle beach

2013_myrtle_beach.jpg
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I second the suggestion to drop facebook. Not because of envy, but because of omgwtf
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I have heard that a side effect of facebook is discontent.
    I've never had an account there, it does not appeal to me!

Oh that's weird, OP deactivated.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

Why would I make rude comments when I can just post pics of my last vacation instead?
    INORITE?
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Ctrl + F4 hides photos on facebook.

True story.
  • BITEME_GRRR
    BITEME_GRRR Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Where there is a will there is a way!

Dirt bag it if you have to. get out. get out of social media. except MFP of course :)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    Options
    How does everyone feel about seeing all of your friends and family vacations videos and photos? A lot of my family and friends have been to the beach this summer. I've never been to the beach and I'm 40 years old and all of my friends and family knows I can't afford to go on vacation and I've never been to the beach and I'm 40 years old anyways I like their photos and videos just to make them happy but it makes me feel down, I wonder if anyone knows how this makes people feel? I'm thinking about closing my Facebook account.

If in 40 years you've never been able to save up a little money for gas and a camping spot, you clearly don't want it all that bad. Better to close the FB account.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    Options

True story.

oooo - does it hide instagram pics of people's feet or kraft dinner? Because that would be relevant to my interests...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Robert-Downey-Jr-laughing.gif
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

True story.

oooo - does it hide instagram pics of people's feet or kraft dinner? Because that would be relevant to my interests...

Now I want Mac n Cheese.

Bully.
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I am really sad because I had a lovely holiday with my now ex partner and I just cant take it upon myself to look at the pictures we took. so when I see other peoples holiday snaps, I don't feel envious as such I just wish I could afford to go away again, but its all work work work now because next year I will be taking photos in America when I travel there, that's the dream that will come true!