Facebook vacation photos :(

Replies

• sc003ro
    sc003ro Posts: 227 Member
    you need to go on vacation....make it happen.....its that simple
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    My mother rented a beach house in New Jersey for three months. All my cousins live an hour away from it. I'm in Illinois and every weekend I see the pictures my cousins post of hanging out at the house with my mom. I can't afford to go out there. I'm happy for her and she deserves it but I'm super depressed about it to. I feel ya!
  • patfriendly
    patfriendly Posts: 263 Member
    Facebook vacation pics were my original motivation to join facebook in the first place. Seeing others pics is supposed to inspire you, not make you jealous or down.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Ctrl + F4 hides photos on facebook.

True story.

oooo - does it hide instagram pics of people's feet or kraft dinner? Because that would be relevant to my interests...

Now I want Mac n Cheese.

Bully.

1z5n7td.jpg
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    I live right by the beach, and can see the sea from my lounge window. Sadly it's not the Pacific, Caribbean or Mediterranean, but the English Channel. So definitely nothing to be jealous of!

I haven't been on holiday since 2008 (my honeymoon to Cuba) as I've had 3 children in that time. Our holiday is going to stay with my parents in York and visiting places, taking the kids to the park etc.

I'm not jealous if I see holiday pics on Facebook. I'm sure we all have pics up of something somebody wants.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    I'm ready for the rude comments bring them on Lol

Why would I make rude comments when I can just post pics of my last vacation instead?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    I live about an hour-and-a-half away from Charleston, SC, so I can go to the beach for the day on about a half a tank of gas ($15 for my Nissan Versa). Beeeee jealous. :)
    15 minutes away from Palm Beach (if I am driving) or, 20 minutes away from Lake Worth beach on a bicycle.
    Don't hate.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Yes and no.

I vacation intravenously through my friends, and some day I'll get my trip to Belize and Europe, but not this year and that's fine.

So vacation pics don't bother me but...

I abhor seeing married people trash talk their spouses or getting in a marital flame war argument in public on FB where everyone can see.

I know every couple has issues, but don't drag it out in-front of friends, family, neighbors, your kids, your cousin's, your grandma, the preacher, the teacher and the milk man.

Because I've been single for 13 years I've never had a chance to have a marriage, and I hate seeing people bring shame on themselves and their families.

With that being said, I just hide their posts and carry on.

Or take pics of the posts before they're deleted and trash talk them around town for their bad behavior.

Either one.

Depends how juicy it is.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member

Oh that's weird, OP deactivated.

It's not that weird, when you think about it. Sort of expected, really.
    I vacation intravenously through my friends...

But that, that's just weird.

But, when you think about it , also kind of expected.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Yes and no.

I vacation intravenously through my friends, and some day I'll get my trip to Belize and Europe, but not this year and that's fine.

Please mean vicariously, please mean vicariously, please mean vicariously...
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member

I vacation intravenously through my friends

this sounds painful
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member

I vacation intravenously through my friends

this sounds painful

And all they got was a lousy t-shirt
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

Oh that's weird, OP deactivated.

It's not that weird, when you think about it. Sort of expected, really.
    I vacation intravenously through my friends...

But that, that's just weird.

But, when you think about it , also kind of expected.

adam-levine.gif
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Now...I am 37 and I've been there, done that. I've owned a couple of houses and it was not all it was cracked up to be, in my opinion. I now rent again - after selling said homes for profit - and I LOVE not having to worry about upkeep and lawncare and so forth. It was a pain. I am way more proud of getting out from under my debt (prior to owning a house)!
    Thanks, you just made OPs day even worse!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    OMG! You just have to go to Hawaii! It's awesome. You've never been? Why not? You are soooo missing out!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member

Yes and no.

There are excellent heroin rehab programs with high success rates.
  • starznholes
    starznholes Posts: 170 Member
    Photoshop yourself in Narnia or something and post it on Facebook.

^^^ Do that.
  • ashleyjohnstonn1
    ashleyjohnstonn1 Posts: 359 Member
    I've grown up five minutes away from the beach my whole life and I hate the beach. Sand gets everywhere and the water is dirty (at least in southern california) and there's people there and it's just not a good time. I only like it at night time. You're not missing out on much :p Sometimes I don't even go to the beach for two years in a row, even though I can go whenever I want.

Also, I read a study that said that facebook actually makes people sad because people are posing for pictures and look happy and stuff and you see all that and think their life is better than yours, when it's actually not.

Just work your butt off and do the best you can and one day you'll be able to go on vacation too.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    8389b6c0ecb7c6111d2175dc57614caaf19b.jpg

Hope that helps
  • p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Never had a Facebook account (Thank God)