Adam Richman's new show cancelled over Instagram remarks

Options
Cathalain
Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
I'm surprised that no one's posted about this....

Adam Richman's new show on the Travel Channel was pulled from the schedule today, apparently because of some really terrible remarks he'd made about a blogger that had criticized one of his Instagram photos that displayed his newly-fit physique (he used a hashtag that was a bit insensitive).

Apparently the story is that he called one of the bloggers a really nasty slur (can't repeat it here) and told another to go commit suicide, that they "wouldn't be missed".

Link here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/style-blog/wp/2014/06/30/adam-richmans-new-show-pulled-from-travel-channel-in-wake-of-crude-instagram-rant/

If true.... wow. I used to really like him and I thought he'd become REALLY hot from those new pictures, but... wow, if he treats people like that.... :noway:

Replies

• ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Just read the article. Still like him. Still would like to see the new show. Still think it is absurd that Instagram fight even happened because he used a hashtag. Gee manutley.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    more proof that being "hangry" I dangerous. Give the dude a great big green chile omelet and he'll be all cool again.
  • yesterdayusaid2morrow
    Options
    more proof that being "hangry" I dangerous. Give the dude a great big green chile omelet and he'll be all cool again.

rotfl!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    How many dozen raw oysters did he eat on that challenge? 12 dozen? Who was the lucky lady on the receiving end of that libedo booster?
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    And if people are really going to get butt hurt because someone called you a bad word, you really need to get thicker skin...
    Didn't he use "thinspiration" as his hashtag? Does EVERYONE know that's a word used within the pro-ED community? Probably not... now they use #fitspo and #fitspiration, but no one is getting pissed about that, eh?

sorry, but the guy was really heavy, and he lost weight, and probably wanted to show it off like anyone else...
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I really wouldn't care if someone called me that (I use the word myself when annoyed) but you can't go around telling people to commit suicide. It's just a whole new level of trollish. He should have known to just walk away from the keyboard when he started to lose his temper. It's a tough lesson (especially if alcohol is involved) but a necessary one.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I would like to hear the entire story before weighing in on this one. I went to college with Adam, and he is a super sweet guy. Of course, this was many years ago.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Say it with me class:

Those that can, do.
    Those that can't, blog.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    It's so totally ridiculous to get offended over a hashtag. I hate twitter and their stupid hashtags.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Are we to the part yet where Adam starts a food truck business and takes it across the country after many years of saying no?
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Adam has been getting hot under the collar lately with companies that use he image re: his weight loss. The guy has been getting a lot of haters lately, and its only natural for a guy to just take too much grief and let loose. We all have those moments.... Adam Richman is just like any other celebrity/human - we have our good sides and our bad sides. Just sucks his got him off the air.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Started out harmless. Hell, I didn't know that #thinspiration wold be offensive to anyone. I wouldn't really care anyways, but I'm not a celebrity that is trying to make his/her way in the overly politically correct entertainment business.

He should have known better than to retataliate the way he did. He can give Paula Deen a call and they can have a pity party.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Started out harmless. Hell, I didn't know that #thinspiration wold be offensive to anyone. I wouldn't really care anyways, but I'm not a celebrity that is trying to make his/her way in the overly politically correct entertainment business.

He should have known better than to retataliate the way he did. He can give Paula Deen a call and they can have a pity party.

Hahaha Get in where you fit in, huh?
  • KaterinaTerese
    KaterinaTerese Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    More proof that people are people and get nasty when they get called out. Period. Doesn't mean he's not normally a decent guy, but how many of us are actually likable when someone makes us feel like an idiot?
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    More proof that people are people and get nasty when they get called out. Period. Doesn't mean he's not normally a decent guy, but how many of us are actually likable when someone makes us feel like an idiot?

Or, in his case, makes him feel bad about his body and his weight loss?
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    Honestly telling someone to get a razor blade and draw a bath is way more over the line in my eyes than using the hashtag "thinspiration"... But honestly I don't really care (or rather, DILLIGAF?) because his show annoys me in the first place. I don't like watching some greasy dude see how many chicken nuggets he can shove in his piehole before he projectile vomits in my downtime.
  • shira324
    shira324 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Adam should be proud of himself for losing weight and feeling good, and he should learn to ignore the negativity on the internet.

But truly, I don't care who you are or what the circumstances, you don't call strangers names on the internet and you certainly don't tell them to kill themselves. Be the bigger person, have some class. I really like Adam and I think he's worked hard to get where he is, but I'll definitely think a little differently about him in the future. That being said, I'd still watch his show.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Meh. It's only delayed and I, for one, will still be watching when it finally comes out (which is hopefully will)

I don't often use the term haters but, by god, this guy has some people who legitimately are angry that he dared to lose weight and go out of their way to nitpick everything he says.

Should you tell people to kill themselves? No, I suppose that's wrong. I guess. But then telling people that they're encouraging eating disorders/helping to glorify/promote anorexia is also pretty damn wrong. And it's all well and good to say be the bigger person but people have been poking and prodding at him for quite some time; we're all human and we all have a point where we lose it.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Title.newsflash.jpg

B LIST CELEBRITY GETS INTO ARGUMENT ON INTERNET WITH PEOPLE OVER TRIVIAL SEMANTICS!
    FEELINGS IN CRITICAL CONDITION
    B LIST TELEVISION SHOW DELAYED, POTENTIALLY CANCELLED
    UP TO 16 JOBS POTENTIALLY IMPACTED
    DEVELOPING . . .