Name one "bad" food that doesn't taste delicious!

Options

Replies

• Red_sparkling_Titania
    Options
    I'll add one that may get me assassinated. BACON! I'd rather chew on broken glass

:noway: :noway: :noway: I won't assassinate you but omg!!!!

For me, rice pudding :/
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    most of what they sell in krispy kreme. really too sweet and no flavour besides sugar, or occasionally caramel. There are exceptions, but most krispy kreme is just fancy decorated sugar.

I like my donuts less sweet and with more flavour.
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    sausage gravy and biscuits......................yuck all that grease....
  • shereenajc
    shereenajc Posts: 25
    Options
    Manufactured pastries. *BLECH!*. Can anyone else taste the Diabetes???
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    am surprised so many people dislike mayo..
    I mean, I don't eat it by itself but I do like it in sandwiches, wraps etc.

several people mentioned cotton candy - is that the same as fairy floss?

I agree, I don't like that either - or anything too sweet or rich like marzipan, Mars bars, mud cake.
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    am surprised so many people dislike mayo..
    I mean, I don't eat it by itself but I do like it in sandwiches, wraps etc.

several people mentioned cotton candy - is that the same as fairy floss?

I agree, I don't like that either - or anything too sweet or rich like marzipan, Mars bars, mud cake.

cotton candy is what I called candy floss when I was a kid... I'm from southern UK.. maybe it's called fairy floss in other places?
  • paperpudding
    Options

that's silly - not the disliking manufactured pastries but the diabetes comment.

Diabetics can have manufactured pastries in small amounts and non diabetics can have manufactured pastries in a calorie controlled amount and not run any greater risk of becoming diabetic.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Asparagus and Brussels sprouts. Both bad foods as they both taste like feet and sadness.
  • shereenajc
    Options

that's silly - not the disliking manufactured pastries but the diabetes comment.

Diabetics can have manufactured pastries in small amounts and non diabetics can have manufactured pastries in a calorie controlled amount and not run any greater risk of becoming diabetic.

It was a joke! Not a comment! It has no relation to "the becoming of a diabetic" theory. It's more of a metaphor for how sweet manufactured pastries can taste, in my opinion!
  • paperpudding
    Options
    2004_05_16_KDH_Picnic_Jackson_CottonCandy007_zps99d23c1c.jpg

This is fairy floss.

Random google image.

Actually I think Ive answered my own question as the image is called Prince Jackson cottoncandy :smile:
  • paperpudding
    Options

It was a joke! Not a comment! It has no relation to "the becoming of a diabetic" theory. It's more of a metaphor for how sweet manufactured pastries can taste, in my opinion!

Ok then, I missed the joking part.

Ignore me and carry on.
  • RoolyBob99
    Options
    Peeps-- ugh, they are SOO sweet, and they taste SOO artificial. One is fine on occasion, but any more than that makes me nauseated.
  • shereenajc
    Options
    @paperpudding

Well, I guess I learned that Diabetics can still have sweets. I didn't know that! Thanks.
  • LegendaryOrange
    LegendaryOrange Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Sour cream, deviled eggs, garbanzo beans, black olives, anchovies, beets, prunes, sardines, mussels, pistachios, grits, and rice pudding.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Poptarts

Spam

Those nasty round snack cakes that are covered in something shredded

Vending machine donuts

Cheap ice cream

Most of the low fat snacks

I mean, a lot of it is disappointing. I had the best cheesecake yesterday - but so much cheesecake doesn't really fulfill its potential. I think like 1/10, maybe 1/20 pieces do. And the sad thing is that most restaurants don't cook their own stuff. They buy from a small selection of vendors and then do their own thing on top of that. So, there's really only one or two restaurants where I'll get the cheesecake anymore.
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    2004_05_16_KDH_Picnic_Jackson_CottonCandy007_zps99d23c1c.jpg

This is fairy floss.

Random google image.

Actually I think Ive answered my own question as the image is called Prince Jackson cottoncandy :smile:

yeah that's the stuff... I always called it candy floss

I like it though, the taste and the texture. Also, it can't have that many calories in it, seeing as it's mostly air :laugh:
  • paperpudding
    Options
    it has the taste and texture of sweetened cobwebs :laugh:

Probably doesn't have that many calories given how much is air - I just don't like really sickly sweet things.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    most of what they sell in krispy kreme. really too sweet and no flavour besides sugar, or occasionally caramel. There are exceptions, but most krispy kreme is just fancy decorated sugar.

I like my donuts less sweet and with more flavour.

:angry:
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Mac N Cheese
    Wings, as in buffalo wild wings
    The fish in fish and chips
    Pizza
    Donuts
    Hotdog
    Pretzels
    Cinnabon
    All sea food snacks
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Cadbury Eggs (shudder)

Candy Corn - This has to be recycled ear wax or something

Mayo - as a topping, if it's cooked in and I can't taste it, ok.

Almost any 'Southern' treat, moved to the South 5 years ago (US Southeast)
    Sweet Tea - Tea flavored Kool Aid
    Grits - Greasy corn with the flavor removed
    Boiled peanuts - Enjoy your peanuts tasting like they were accidentally left in dirty dishwater for two days? Me neither.

Garlic Bread - have to agree on this one. There are few ways to really ruin good bread, and this is one of them