Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    product_photo_423.png
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    From what I've been reading lately, almost everything sold in stores is foul. At least the drunk bikers will have truth in advertising going on. The rest of us have no idea how nasty and bug filled the food we eat is.

But I reserve a special place on my ick list for any hot dog that is bright red, Spam, cheese from a can, and Juicy Juice.

I don't find bug filled food nasty.
    I find most food delicious.

Tofu = now that is nasty

You can have my share of the Oreos, then!

hqdefault.jpg

I see no problem here.

Won't be the first or last spider any of us eat.

Right?! Seeing as we eat spiders in our sleep...
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    This thread is going to be great for my diet...who can eat after looking at that canned chicken??? :sick:

I am seriously trying to keep my breakfast in after that gif....
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Gefilte fish, spam, scrapple, sausage, tripe, lunchables, Vienna sausages... the list goes on.

I was also going to say gefilte fish. I can't even watch my in-laws eat it, blech.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I was going to post an answer like 'pork rinds' or 'pig's feet' but I see that I am way out of my league here...excellent examples LOL
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Mmm, I love beets of all kind, even pickled.

I remember when this delicacy was sprung on the unsuspecting public. Cold yorkshire pudding instead of bread? FIT.
    x10jfn.jpg

2mq80og.jpg
    Mmm, frozen chicken, turkey, duck and goose. I'm all for Christmas excess, but I draw the line at food that is going to turn me into something that will make me look like an 18th century Tory politician, complete with red veined nose, the stench of port and riddled with gout.

11ahmd3.png
    C**p like this. Because you need crazy processed chicken bits hanging about the house. The adverts don't even make out they're for part of a meal. Just pressed together poultry protein to mindlessly stuff down the gullet stood in front of the fridge when you're 'hank marvin'. *Mr Burns shudder*

And also things like pasties, pastries, sausage rolls etc. I do eat those things, but not from the supermarket (which makes me superior and also instantly renders the stuff from the independnt bakery lower in salt and fat). They just taste weird and horrid.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Options
    White pudding (blood pudding without the blood). I hate blood pudding to begin with, but the white looks like it's gone manky.
    pudding-white.jpg

Also, olives from an open olive bar (the smell gags me) and pickled eggs.
    tumblr_mtsa14oCAH1sj3oxho1_500.gif

White pudding is great, especially teamed up with black pudding and fried apples (and for some people mash, but I think that's ick).

Avoiding your nightmare meal has no doubt helped enormously with your weight loss.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Options
    Also the below tinned things, which are available in most supermarkets and appear to be a staple of the British diet:

257qgbr.jpg

14tn153.jpg

2czugp5.jpg
  • JupeJones
    JupeJones Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    What is it? Mystery meat?

Scrapple is pork discards, mushed together with grains, oats and spiced, congealed into a loaf which is then sliced and fried.. think an even cheaper, nastier version of spam. :sick:

Sounds pretty much like haggis. Which actually isn't too bad.*

* Full disclaimer: I've actually only had vegetarian haggis. (Yes, several companies make vegetarian haggis. Vegetarians gotta have SOMETHING to go along with their whisky, tatties & neeps on Burns night!)
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    I saw an add for ice cream that is sold in Japan. It read:

"Horse flavour ice cream; NOW with real horse flesh!"
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    peanut butter

How dare you :angry:
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Tripe Fritters ! BOAK!! scottish treat i'm told! no thanks!
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Also the below tinned things, which are available in most supermarkets and appear to be a staple of the British diet:

257qgbr.jpg

14tn153.jpg

2czugp5.jpg

Brussels sprouts:
    olALpbs.gif
  • jennyfromtheblocko
    Options
    From what I've been reading lately, almost everything sold in stores is foul. At least the drunk bikers will have truth in advertising going on. The rest of us have no idea how nasty and bug filled the food we eat is.

But I reserve a special place on my ick list for any hot dog that is bright red, Spam, cheese from a can, and Juicy Juice.

I don't find bug filled food nasty.
    I find most food delicious.

Tofu = now that is nasty

You can have my share of the Oreos, then!

hqdefault.jpg

I see no problem here.

Won't be the first or last spider any of us eat.

Agreed. I would like all of my spiders Oreo coated, please!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    meat
    bacon
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    pork-brains.jpg
    This can't be real?!!?
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Canned bee and wasp larvae...

hachinoko.jpg
  • no_russian
    no_russian Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Bacon, yeah I said it.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    We'll be selling these from next year at motorbike rallies on our stall............Drunk bikers will eat anything!!! :D

chocolate-covered--silkworms-650x650.jpg

canned-scorpions-650x650.jpg

mixed-edible-insects-650x650.jpg
    At least there's no colours or preservatives. "shudder"
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Headcheese (along the same lines as scrapple)

My grandma used to make headcheese, in her kitchen, in a GIANT cauldron of a pot. Mmmm, yummy...Ok, not so much watching her make it, but delicious. I'm a little gross, though. Random pork bits processed into disgusting loaves and aspics or pickled are my strange obsessions.

ETA: Oh, I suppose I should add my disgusting food--veg*n foods shaped or flavored to imitate meat products. How is that not repulsive to veg*ns?