When SPAM attacks!!

Options
:noway:

Waah so much spam this morning! I just had to take a screenshot and post it! This is page 1 of this forum. The ones I've made darker are genuine posts, all the rest are spam (yes I've reported them all).

spamattack_zps5d1e145e.jpg

I like to browse the forums and usually refresh the page every so often to see the recent posts, but everytime I refreshed more of the page filled with spam! It seemed like a joke at first! :laugh:

Replies

• shereenajc
    shereenajc Posts: 25
    Options
    Wow, I saw that too! Crazy!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    wait, what...? you don't want a black magic solution to your love marriage problems?? I'm.... I'm.... speechless.

Rachel_shocked.gif
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    wait, what...? you don't want a black magic solution to your love marriage problems?? I'm.... I'm.... speechless.

Hold on, just jotting down a phone number from another post... :embarassed:
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Reporting the spam has become my morning workout. I need to remember to stretch out my "Report Post" finger so I don't pull a muscle.

monty-python_00421724.jpg
  • greengoddess0123
    Options
    Dang it. My pic is too big and I don't know how to fix it. :grumble:
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    Options

I think you have to resize on photobucket or wherever your photo is.

(So nearly pressed report post by accident instead of quote because I've gotten so used to reporting today!)
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

Rachel_shocked.gif

I'm sad, because SOMEONE here must be giving them money, hence giving them incentive to continually post.

Seriously, STOP giving them money, people, and they'll go away. Either that, or they are very stupid wasting their time, are bad business people, and their children are going hungry. Please, someone! Think of the children, give these people some money to feed those starving babies!
  • ChocoOne
    ChocoOne Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Rachel_shocked.gif

That's funny!!! Black magic for love...who comes up with this stuff!!!
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Dude's ****ing annoying. Nuff said.
  • mybeesknees
    mybeesknees Posts: 633
    Options

Rachel_shocked.gif

I'm sad, because SOMEONE here must be giving them money, hence giving them incentive to continually post.

Seriously, STOP giving them money, people, and they'll go away. Either that, or they are very stupid wasting their time, are bad business people, and their children are going hungry. Please, someone! Think of the children, give these people some money to feed those starving babies!

I want to yell, "JUST SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!"
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    Options
    Just found this... seems appropriate.

this_is_spam.gif
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    spam-636x310.png

This is all i can imagine when reading
    When SPAM attacks
  • greengoddess0123
    Options

I think you have to resize on photobucket or wherever your photo is.

(So nearly pressed report post by accident instead of quote because I've gotten so used to reporting today!)

HA! I do that sometimes when I want to reply to someone -- why is that option right by the "Quote" option?

I grabbed the pic off some random website. Maybe I need to start a tumblr or something with all the gifs/pics I like. Wait. That would be admitting I have an MFP forum problem...
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    In for some Monty Python...
    tumblr_inline_mm791kX2K81rop2u8.gif

Oh... wait... I mean... love problem black magic solution!
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    Options
    I grabbed the pic off some random website. Maybe I need to start a tumblr or something with all the gifs/pics I like. Wait. That would be admitting I have an MFP forum problem...

I actually opened a photobucket account just to post this screenshot! :ohwell:

ETA: Looks like the forum's been cleaned up already. Those moderators are quick!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I found the one about getting poop on my teeth rather amusing. This happens throughout the night. Every night, from what I've seen. Spam-bots?
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options

Here you go!

20ku3xk.jpg
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options

Its usually an automated sign up macro running.... I don't remember MFP having captcha or another anti bot registration feature.
  • greengoddess0123
    Options
    I found the one about getting poop on my teeth rather amusing. This happens throughout the night. Every night, from what I've seen. Spam-bots?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat???!!!

Also, yes, the mods here are amazing.

Also, also, thank you ihad, I still haven't figured out how to resize. I'll work on that so I don't derp so hard in the future.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    LEAVE BABA JI ALONE!
    LEAVE_BRITNEY_ALONE!_gif.gif