Who eats just egg whites and why do you do that?

Options
12346»

Replies

• farrahalex76
    Options
    I don't like the taste of the yolk. It's just a personal preference for me.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    They taste of nowt ........ the yummy, good for you, tasty bit is the yoke.
    I will do it as a calorie saving measure only..for instance if I am planning a big blowout at restaurant that night.

In general I eat whole eggs though...for the two reasons you state above. :drinker:
  • tracywatson710
    tracywatson710 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love just the egg whites. I'm still in the loosing weight phase and it allows me to fill up w/ great protein but not mess w/ the fat and calories too much. What I really like is how versatile it is. For example, I made taco's for everyone last night, a big no no for girls watching their calorie intake, but make and egg white omelet with 2oz's of taco filling and a scoop of beans, cover w/ tapatio an you get a much healthier version of the taco's minus the guilt.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I used to...simply because the thought of egg yolks (no matter how they were prepared) made me gag. Like, full on stomach turning. I know it's wasteful to pitch the yolk, but assuming that you're buying the cheapest eggs (and not going all cage free organic etc) it's actually cheaper to do that than to buy the carton of egg whites (assuming they're not on sale).

But, when I was pregnant with my youngest, I suddenly started craving egg yolks, and my enjoyment of them actually somewhat stuck after she was born. If I'm just doing a scramble with stuff mixed into it (veggies, bacon, cheese, whatnot), I still actually prefer the taste of whites only. And hard boiled egg yolks still skeeve me out as much as they always did - I still don't like yolks cooked through. But, I've learned to appreciate a lovely poached or over easy egg, with toast or whatever....and now I DO buy the good eggs, because when you're eating the yolks, especially that runny, that makes all the difference in taste.
  • hallo_spacedog
    hallo_spacedog Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I do the opposite often, because I like raw yolk over white rice and the egg whites ruin my enjoyment of that.
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I tried egg whites once. It does not cut it for me. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and I plan to enjoy it. My frequent breakfast consists of 2 slices of turkey bacon, 2 farm eggs over-easy, whole wheat English muffin, and coffee. I regret nothing! :drinker:
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm a yolk girl too, although if I'm doing an omelette I'll do one whole egg and two additional whites to beef it up a little. My husband on the other hand, is strictly a no yolk guy. He had one bad cholesterol report and has apparently nixed them for life. If we has a hard boiled egg, the dog gets the yolk.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    There are some combinations I actually like better with just egg whites... go figure.