Clean Eating?

Options
13»

Replies

• Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Nope.

My personal definition is that it clean eating does not include anything processed - no soup from a can, no microwave meals, no crisps. If the food has been on some sort of assembly line, that's not for me. Home cooked meals, made from scratch, with fresh fruit and vegetables. Cuts of meat don't bother me too much, although I'm not a fan of too much fat.

Other people take it to the extreme and also include organic produce (no pesticides etc), grass fed beef etc etc.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Is there an actual definition of clean eating?

Thanks!

It's whatever you want it to be.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Earth. Here is the menu.
    intro_03.gif
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    Can we go back to "no", or do you people feel the need to continue this thread and prove "no" to be correct?
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Basically it is just eating fruits, veggies and lean proteins with the right amount of good fats, all while avoid anything that is processed, refined or enriched.

No...
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options

Thanks!

It's whatever you want it to be.

This, IMO is the correct answer...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Thanks!

Yes. There are many definitions. There is, however, no "official" definition.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    Single ingredients foods... thats the best definition. Otherwise no.

2i80zr.jpg

Yeh but apples are "good" food so its ok.
    But you said only 1 ingredient.

Having more than one chemical in it's makeup, does not mean an apple is not a single ingredient food.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    No.
    486.gif
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    This is the definition that has been working for me (also a great magazine to subscribe to):
    http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/food-health/food-and-health-news/what-is-clean-eating/
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Here is one definition I found online. I am not saying I agree or disagree just sharing one view.

The Basic Principles of Eating Clean

•Eat whole foods: Whole foods are foods that haven’t been tampered with, in the lab or the manufacturing plant. The foods you eat on this plan are straight from the farm: whole fruits and vegetables, whole grains, grass-fed and free-range meats, low fat dairy products, unsalted nuts, and seeds.

•Avoid processed foods: Processed foods are any food that has a label. A label means that more than one ingredient was used to make that food. You don’t have to eliminate all processed foods (like whole grain pasta or natural cheeses), but if you can’t pronounce an ingredient on a label, don’t put that food in your shopping basket.

•Cook your own meals. Instead of buying meals in a box, cook meals from scratch. That’s not as hard as it sounds! Clean, whole foods need little preparation beyond chopping and sautéing to make satisfying, delicious meals your family will love

side note: Most of today's fruit and veggies have been "Tampered" with at some point to genetically enhance them. (make them larger, a certain color, etc)

My personal view is that I feel better eating more fruits and vegetables and less pre-packaged food but that is just my personal experience. I still eat doritos and twizzlers if I feel like it. You can still lose weight and be healthy with out "clean eating" but some feel better if they avoid packaged foods.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options

2i80zr.jpg

Having more than one chemical in it's makeup, does not mean an apple is not a single ingredient food.

do you have a PhD in semantics?
  • bcattoes
    Options

2i80zr.jpg

do you have a PhD in semantics?

No, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Rinse your fruits and vegetables before you eat them
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    clean-eating-meme_zps10fd6f9c.jpg
  • Babarrosa1
    Babarrosa1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    :/ Washing fruit? LOL