Looking for female friends who eat food + strength train

Options
Too many people I know are on diets eating -897 calories a day. That really doesn't sound like fun to me. I've started strength training and have been doing the "Tank Top Arms" video suggested by MFP for the last 3 weeks consistently. I've been increasing protein in my diet and feel great and healthy! I would love to have more female MFP friends who are interested in strength training and do not eat like rabbits.

We can share knowledge/workout ideas/nutritional ideas!!

Replies

• emkelsall
    emkelsall Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am traing for my first 5k but I feel like I have been neglecting my upper body. This work out sounds like exactly what I am looking for. I have never been on a diet in my life. I have always struggled to maintain a healthy weight and to not drop down to a dangerous low.

I am new to this being healthy thing so any tips you can share would be great!!!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I lol'd at -897 calories a day.

I'm short, so I don't eat like a bodybuilder (god I wish) but I lift 4 days a week and am training + fueling to be generally awesome.
  • SaShmy1022
    SaShmy1022 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I eat! And strength train! Add me. ;)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have been strength training for awhile although now i'm starting to get serious about weight loss. i'm doing IIFYM and try to eat 2K calories a day.

i'm currently doing mainly compound lifts as well as some olympic lifts
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I eat... To much and lift weights and run.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm at anywhere from 1600-2400 calories a day (eat when I'm hungry, don't eat when I'm not. I don't suggest this method tho, listening to your hunger cues is kind of a bad plan) I'm all about that IIFYM and lifting them weights. I'm kind of a sucky friend (just facts) but I'm almost always around and I'll never blow smoke up your skirt. :wink:
  • tammylegattjohnson1
    Options
    I love me some weight. Long, lean body here I come! :)
  • kimberlyblindsey
    kimberlyblindsey Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Too many people I know are on diets eating -897 calories a day. That really doesn't sound like fun to me. I've started strength training and have been doing the "Tank Top Arms" video suggested by MFP for the last 3 weeks consistently. I've been increasing protein in my diet and feel great and healthy! I would love to have more female MFP friends who are interested in strength training and do not eat like rabbits.

We can share knowledge/workout ideas/nutritional ideas!!
    I eat. I like food and strength train almost daily. You may add me if you like.
  • blazingsun14
    blazingsun14 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I do cardio exercise like running distance, biking, rowing etc for about an hour.

But I spend at least an hour weight lifting/strength straining. My upper body strength has grown significantly since I started 3 years ago. No plans to stop.

My calorie limit is 1600. I always make sure I eat enough. Not eating is bad for you.
    But I always have natural whey protein powder in my fruit smoothies. Only about 300 calories substitutes a lunch, plus it keeps you full until dinner.

I' be happy to be friends with all you female weight lifters! Feel free to add me!
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to be your friend. I do strength training 3-4 days a week (split into 2 workouts), resistance based cardio, and have started swimming as well. I eat a min of 1600 up to 1800 or more. Will transitioning to maintenance by the end of summer hopefully.
  • RaJoCo
    RaJoCo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Add me! I just ate my weight in cookies and it took all the strength I had not to eat the entire plate....
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    That would be me
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I love weight lifting and just started StrongLifts. I generally eat 1,600 to 1,900 calories per day and I enjoy making and consuming a variety of foods. Particularly ice cream and cheesecake. I love ice cream and cheesecake. If I want something, I'll eat it. Provided that it fits into my calorie and macro goal, of course. Feel free to add me.
  • Zoe_lifts
    Zoe_lifts Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Right now i'm eating 1650 calories, and i'm almost at my goal weight (5kg to go) but i'm starting stronglifts on monday :D I'll see what's going to happen with my weight and bein hungry, i'll proabably slowly up my calories. :) Feel free to add me if you want :)
  • riverh2
    riverh2 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm new to strength training ... not sure what I'm doing at all (and feel a bit intimidated by all the huge men lifting things that weigh as much as a small car!) I want to build some ladylike muscles.

I'm on a calorie restriction because I need to loose a few pounds but I enjoy my food and exercise lots so I can eat a bit more :)
  • KatiePapaya
    Options
    I'm on 1800 (working towards 2000ish) and lift dumbbells (NOT the 3lb kind!) at home, but will hopefully have access to free weights in the future! Add me if you like :)
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Yo, signing on up for strong, proud lady friends! :) I weight train (as heavy as I can go), I pole (amazing for strength!) and I eat. Usually anywhere between 1900-2500 calories a day. I also don't believe in "bad" foods. Yeah, I'm one of them....

Come play - I have some really good friends but am always looking for supportive friends with similar philosophies!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Add me! I just ate my weight in cookies and it took all the strength I had not to eat the entire plate....

It's hard to look at your snack baby, but you have cookies, so share them maybe? :bigsmile:
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1600 a day and strength train as well.
  • TruckerWife922
    Options
    I do strength training and walking so I can eat! I love REAL food (not the "healthier makeovers") and even my salads flirt with 500 calories. Have a weakness for ice cream or a beer in the evening. I found http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/ and am using the beginner program right now. It's only 3 exercises taking 15-20 mins. It gives me just enough of a calorie burn so that I can eat/drink what I want and only have to watch how much (1/2cup of ice cream instead of the whole pint). If I go over my calorie goal one day, I just throw in an extra 30 mins on the treadmill the next day to make up for it.

Everyone is welcome to add me.