Looking for female friends who eat food + strength train

Options

Replies

• voitdancer
    voitdancer Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have started weight training and eat more than I should, I'd like to learn how to eat right when weight training. I am interested in toning and bettering how my body looks not really interested in loosing weight. Would love to learn from everyone here and get/offer support, would love to be added/included!
  • aliakynes
    aliakynes Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Sending a request to everyone in the thread. Friend me also!

I've been doing P90X3 and decided to switch to compound lifts. I designed a modified stronglifts-type workout based on what I have (Select Techs) and added some bodyweight exercises that I wanted to work on (pull-ups, planks, etc). I'm also a runner so I need my calories!

I'm also shifting to maintenance soon which means more food, woot!
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Add me I eat 1500-1600 daily and have a personal trainer that kicks my *kitten*! But I love her and my arms and legs are turning beautiful but always looking for meal ideas
  • jor53
    jor53 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me, I'm new to this site, trying to figure out how many calories I should be eating for a 53 y.o. I go to gym every morning, just started strength training, not fond of cardio, can only do about 5 min. Going to try for 15min before lifting then another 15 after weights, that will give me at 30min. Someone said that 1200 cal is too low, so I figured around 1400 or 1500? Can anyone help me with this?
  • aliakynes
    aliakynes Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Add me, I'm new to this site, trying to figure out how many calories I should be eating for a 53 y.o. I go to gym every morning, just started strength training, not fond of cardio, can only do about 5 min. Going to try for 15min before lifting then another 15 after weights, that will give me at 30min. Someone said that 1200 cal is too low, so I figured around 1400 or 1500? Can anyone help me with this?

A lot of the weight lifters I know use scooby for calorie recommendations: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request. I've been strength training for six months and ate 2700 calories today.
  • stardance1
    stardance1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I eat food and lift weights. It's nice to see so many women who do :)
  • tobiasmom
    tobiasmom Posts: 161
    Options
    I'm a very newbie lifter and I am doing a couch to 5k program too. Still have a bunch of weight to lose so I typically eat between 1500-1800 in a day depending on how active I am. I don't have any off limits foods, I love food too much, and I aim for 30% protein. Anyone in this thread can feel free to friend me :) I log every day, and while I'm not a super cheerleader I do comment when I can!
  • jodescorinna
    jodescorinna Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Add me! I just ate my weight in cookies and it took all the strength I had not to eat the entire plate....

This sounds like me yesterday !!!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Yo, signing on up for strong, proud lady friends! :) I weight train (as heavy as I can go), I pole (amazing for strength!) and I eat. Usually anywhere between 1900-2500 calories a day. I also don't believe in "bad" foods. Yeah, I'm one of them....

Come play - I have some really good friends but am always looking for supportive friends with similar philosophies!
    In looking at your pic (former poler) I really miss it; I need to get back at it to see what poses I can still do. Are you taking lessons anywhere? Self taught? I took lessons for a couple years, but it started to become way to costly. I have one. In my garage, going to make it a point to get back on the saddle this week and see what poses I still have down.

I take an hour of lessons every week at the moment, looking to increase that - did two hours this week and I ACHE lol! :laugh: you're right though, it's so costly - I'm hoping to get to the point where I can either apprentice to train others or have a pole of my own and only go to lessons once a week or whatever to keep sharp!

Oh, let me know how it goes! I hope you have retained your pole sass xD
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    This girl lifts and last night she ate (gasp) ice cream (yes I weighed it, but so what ) (lol) This morning down 0.5 pounds

I love food
  • hawkes15
    hawkes15 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    :) hey everyone!

I lift 4 times a week plus cardio.... Love weights though. Squatting with 45 kg now! Get in

Feel free to add me :)
  • SaraC599
    SaraC599 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

I lift heavy and eat like a boss!! 2550 calories to 3188 calories a day

I am doing alot of strength training at the moment as well and losing body fat woo hoo
  • riverh2
    riverh2 Posts: 6
    Options
    "Have a weakness for ice cream or a beer in the evening."

Ha ha, love it! I walk up Derbyshire and it earns me a good few beers :laugh:
  • riverh2
    riverh2 Posts: 6
    Options
    "Have a weakness for ice cream or a beer in the evening."

Ha ha, love it! I walk up Derbyshire and it earns me a good few beers :laugh:
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    1900 - I eat all the foodz as long as it fits (and um.. sometimes when it doesn't :laugh: ) I cook most my own food and I make my own ice cream... and I have chocolate everyday! :smile: my diary is open.

Also just a side note. I am not trying to get a large friend list, I like to really know and keep up with my friends.

Edited: because I forgot to mention I lift all the weights too!!!
  • JennyJ2015
    JennyJ2015 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    you can add me !
  • mammahawk25
    mammahawk25 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I run, walk, and bike. Starting to do strength training at home (don't have access to a gym) nothing serious, just basic stuff (squats, planks, push ups, crunches etc...)

Oh yeah...love to eat! mfp says I should only eat 1430 per day to lose weight, so I exercise so I can eat more :happy:
  • foozlegirl
    Options
    Strength training (and cardio) here, as well as eating! Just joined MFP and looking for female friends as well. I just hit 40 and am experiencing metabolism slow down! Have found that strength training really helps that. Feel free message/add me :)
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    hey, that's me!

my primary workouts are strength training (right now i am doing 5/3/1/) and i usually eat anywhere from 1800-2200 calories a day (I probably average around 2000 a day).

Other friends that lift & eat are always welcome :)