299 by the end of the year

Options
so the first day of the month and the last day i cheated, i cheated bad had pizza, burgers, even some oreos, u name it stuff i never eat, only for two days tho, then its back to 1800 calorie diet and working out for 70-75 minutes a day yay =/ (not really)

im 392 now, finally out of the 400s for the first time in probably 5 or 6 yrs, now I want out of the 300s, i got half the year to go, and not counting january (didnt weigh myself ) i lost 66lbs... its gonna be along shot but i desperately want to get to that spot even tho my original goal is 275, if i can get to 299 by the end of the year, I can live with that.

so im stationary biking 16-24 miles a day anywhere from 60 minutes to 80) life weights for maybe 5 mins, what should i add on? i need a fat burner, not a muscle builder.

oh and with this month im going to drink a glass of water before every meal, see if tht helps any

Replies

• haleyjoyy
    haleyjoyy Posts: 10
    Options
    I highly recommend the app PumpUp... It's a little tricky to use at first cause it's interface is confusing, but once you figure it out it's extremely useful. It builds you workouts based on what kind of equipment you have, and you decide how long the work out will be and it makes it work you and then walks you through it. Surprisingly great. I've done workouts that were only 15 minutes long that seemed easy upon first look but then ended up sweating like a pig..
    But if you're not interested, I would just recommend lots of cardio. Biking, swimming, walking, the good stuff.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I couldn't figure out what your question was. Are you asking if people think you can do it? It's over a pound and a half a day. Maybe, if someone made it their sole purpose, they could do it...but it would be difficult.

It may be an unrealistic goal.

Congrats on all your success. Very awesome. :)
  • soidade
    soidade Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I couldn't figure out what your question was. Are you asking if people think you can do it? It's over a pound and a half a day. Maybe, if someone made it their sole purpose, they could do it...but it would be difficult.

Did you read the whole post? They asked for exercise advice.
  • JVClubs
    JVClubs Posts: 139 Member
    Options

im looking for what i can add on too my excerise, im pretty committed and i realizze how little time is left in the year, but i still going to try my hardest
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Fat burners are all hard cardio, sad to say. No way around it. Do you have any physical restrictions? Can you handle high impact exercise? I've had ridiculously good luck with zumba, and kickboxing offers a similar burn. I can't stress swimming enough, especially if you have joint problems. Of course, the fastest, most efficient calorie burn is always going to be running, but I hate seeing people who aren't conditioned for it ****ing up their knees or ankles.

What do you LIKE to do? What are you most likely to not hate day in and day out? And why does it have to be so soon? I understand wanting your body back and not wanting to wait, but it'll be a lot easier to keep it off and a lot easier on your body - your joints, your internal organs, everything - if you find a moderate exercise you enjoy and do a reasonable amount of it. Remember that overexercising leads to injury almost every time.
  • JVClubs
    Options
    Fat burners are all hard cardio, sad to say. No way around it. Do you have any physical restrictions? Can you handle high impact exercise? I've had ridiculously good luck with zumba, and kickboxing offers a similar burn. I can't stress swimming enough, especially if you have joint problems. Of course, the fastest, most efficient calorie burn is always going to be running, but I hate seeing people who aren't conditioned for it ****ing up their knees or ankles.

What do you LIKE to do? What are you most likely to not hate day in and day out? And why does it have to be so soon? I understand wanting your body back and not wanting to wait, but it'll be a lot easier to keep it off and a lot easier on your body - your joints, your internal organs, everything - if you find a moderate exercise you enjoy and do a reasonable amount of it. Remember that overexercising leads to injury almost every time.

nah my joints still intact thank god, i dont have any real restriction except my stamina kinda sucks, lol and tbh i never had much of a body to begin, ive always been really big and i could never picture myself out of the 300s to step on a scale and see that would be crazy, but i want this asap. and im willing to work at as much as i can.

zumba looks interesting, ive always wanted to know how to dance good
  • JVClubs
    Options
    today im 377, seems like that 299 is forever and a day away tho, the good thing is im FINALLY after being like 562, starting to notice a change...kind of...idk its hard but tomorrow is cheat day =) omggggg....(tries not to over do it)
  • JVClubs
    Options
    thought i lose alot more in august then i did, i only missed going to the gym 3 times!!! ughhh 12 lbs dropped =( gonna be a miracle in order to lose the rest of this weight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    why are you only doing 5 minutes of strength training!?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, what a great job! Add more strength training!
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options

I don't have any practical experience with it, but at almost 400 pounds, perhaps it's a mobility issue?

Much easier to situate yourself on one of those bikes, and slowly pedal.

If I were approaching 400, I wouldn't worry much about any muscle I might lose (and this is probably a sedentary individual, so how much could be lost anyway?). We're not talking about typical bulk/cut cycles.
  • JVClubs
    Options
    i am lifting weights more then ever before, i say i lift about for about 15-20 mins, including stretching, the issue im having is working my core.
  • JVClubs
    Options

I don't have any practical experience with it, but at almost 400 pounds, perhaps it's a mobility issue?

If I were approaching 400, I wouldn't worry much about any muscle I might lose (and this is probably a sedentary individual, so how much could be lost anyway?). We're not talking about typical bulk/cut cycles.

i know i cant ride the bike forever lol i only lost 12 lbs in august and i only missed biking 3 times the whole month. so soon ill have to go to the elliptical
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options

i know i cant ride the bike forever lol i only lost 12 lbs in august and i only missed biking 3 times the whole month. so soon ill have to go to the elliptical
    I dunno I know some pretty big people that are fairly active, and there may be more muscle than you think it takes a lot to move that much around. I plan to add more lifting myself but I enjoy it and I kinda enjoy the muscle burn high involved. Do what you enjoy for exercise.
  • Kalikel
    Options
    You've lost a lot of weight and should be proud!! You're making excellent progress. Keep it up. :)
  • JVClubs
    Options
    the elliptical switch over was really the key, at first it was a hard work out and i got worried when it got too easy but now im going to really press for october!! still such a long way from 299 tho...ugh it seems forever away...but im no longer discouraged by august sloppy month of only losing 12 lbs
  • Kalikel
    Options
    the elliptical switch over was really the key, at first it was a hard work out and i got worried when it got too easy but now im going to really press for october!! still such a long way from 299 tho...ugh it seems forever away...but im no longer discouraged by august sloppy month of only losing 12 lbs
    Twelve pounds is excellent!!

Try swimming, too. Burns calories like nobody's business and tones muscles. :)
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I completely understand that you want quick results, as that definitely helps to keep one motivated when you have a lot to lose. I started at 362 and as of my last weigh-in, I was 276. It's been coming off right at 20 lbs. a month. I started out just doing cardio, but quickly added weight training. Since I'm not able to run yet and have problems with my feet, my cardio is strictly stationary bike, which burns a pretty good amount of calories. I work out 7 days a week, doing 35-40 minutes of weight training and 50-90 minutes of bicycling. I couldn't do that much at first, but it didn't take too long to work up to it.

As far as diet, I don't eat any exercise calories back. I also don't eat the calories recommended by MFP because I'm trying to lose the weight faster than 2 lbs. per week. However, if you decide to go that route, I strongly recommend two things. You must make your food, versus processed stuff, and eat lots of veggies and lean protein, so you're getting the nutrients you need and so you're not hungry. You won't be successful if you're not able to sustain your eating plan long term. I take an iron and calcium supplement because I've been anemic in the past and I don't drink much milk. I also take a multi-vitamin or Shakology. It doesn't make much sense to me to shred a lot of fat, yet still be unhealthy.

Another thing that will help is to drink half your weight in ounces of water every day. I drink a bit more, just because I really like water.

As you lose more weight, you will definitely want to up your weight training. That will help your metabolism, help with excess skin, and you'll be strong and fit, versus skinny and flabby.

If there's anything else I can do to help, please feel free to message or friend me. I don't have all the answers, but I know what's been working for me. I feel great and have tons of energy that I haven't had in a very long time.

Best wishes!!!
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'd like to add that you need to set realistic goals for yourself. A year end goal of 299 is unlikely. Don't set yourself up for failure.

Goals should be SMART....

Specific
    Measurable
    Attainable
    Realistic
    Timely