299 by the end of the year

Options

Replies

• JVClubs
    JVClubs Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I completely understand that you want quick results, as that definitely helps to keep one motivated when you have a lot to lose. I started at 362 and as of my last weigh-in, I was 276. It's been coming off right at 20 lbs. a month. I started out just doing cardio, but quickly added weight training. Since I'm not able to run yet and have problems with my feet, my cardio is strictly stationary bike, which burns a pretty good amount of calories. I work out 7 days a week, doing 35-40 minutes of weight training and 50-90 minutes of bicycling. I couldn't do that much at first, but it didn't take too long to work up to it.

As far as diet, I don't eat any exercise calories back. I also don't eat the calories recommended by MFP because I'm trying to lose the weight faster than 2 lbs. per week. However, if you decide to go that route, I strongly recommend two things. You must make your food, versus processed stuff, and eat lots of veggies and lean protein, so you're getting the nutrients you need and so you're not hungry. You won't be successful if you're not able to sustain your eating plan long term. I take an iron and calcium supplement because I've been anemic in the past and I don't drink much milk. I also take a multi-vitamin or Shakology. It doesn't make much sense to me to shred a lot of fat, yet still be unhealthy.

Another thing that will help is to drink half your weight in ounces of water every day. I drink a bit more, just because I really like water.

As you lose more weight, you will definitely want to up your weight training. That will help your metabolism, help with excess skin, and you'll be strong and fit, versus skinny and flabby.

If there's anything else I can do to help, please feel free to message or friend me. I don't have all the answers, but I know what's been working for me. I feel great and have tons of energy that I haven't had in a very long time.

Best wishes!!!

wow good luck to you miss thats great advice, i really do need to consider taking in alot more water
  • JVClubs
    Options
    so ive weighed myself, i was suppose to wait till midnight (couldnt help myself) so i did now and im at 333 *sigh*

this was suppose to be that month id lose 20 lbs again, i def worked much harder this month then i did in september, only missed the gym twice and drank only twice. this was probably my best month EASILY EVER and only 15? smh so wack im disappointed.

whats worse is that with 34 lbs to lose in 61 days which is more or less impossible
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    15 pounds is an incredible feat!

I've learned that setting date goals won't work. I wanted to be below 200 by my birthday in September. That gave me 8-9 months to work towards it. Well, I hit it three weeks later than planned. Keep doing what you're doing and be patient. It will come off when it comes off.
  • JVClubs
    Options
    8 days till i weigh in and i can only wonder how much weight ive lost this month, missed the gym the first time in 16 days yesterday...
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    just wanted to say - I think you're doing amazing !
  • ASG_21
    ASG_21 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think you're going a little crazy over this. Obsessing about it is going to make you miserable. Just LOOK at the amazing achievements you've made! 15 pounds in a month is HUGE. Getting from over 500 to 333 is HUGE. Be PROUD! :) Your progress is amazing, and keep in mind that as you get smaller, you're going to be losing MUCH less per week.

I personally lose less than one pound per week, and haven't lost more than 10 pounds in the last YEAR. You have to learn to take pride in what you've accomplished, no matter how small, and realize that the progress you have made is enormous! Many people would be ecstatic to be having that much progress, so don't take it for granted! Enjoy the ride, and don't keep your eye exclusively on the destination.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    You are going amazing. Dont be so hard on yourself. Huge congrats on your progress so far.

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Dude, you're doing awesome. Don't let the number on the scale relative to the time-frame you have arbitrarily set for yourself dishearten you.

Losing 92lbs in less than six months is almost impossible unless you are nearly starving yourself to do so. At 2lb/week, you're looking at 46 weeks to lose that kind of weight.

The real story here is that as of your previous weigh-in, you've lost 170lbs. If I could make the font bigger, I would. ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY POUNDS!!!! THAT is amazing regardless of whether, or not you hit what you're going for by the new year.

Just think, by next Christmas, you'll be telling your family to buy you size medium/large shirts instead of 2-3xl. Keep up the hard work.
  • bernadettenz
    bernadettenz Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I think you're incredible!

Don't stress if you're not at 299 by the end of the year - because it won't be long into 2015 before you ARE at 299 :)
  • JVClubs
    Options
    thanks you guys are really sweet lol, imma try not to stress over it, but i admit its on my mind almost more then anything, i have a photo of me ill upload now compared to myself in may, and u can see a little difference
  • JVClubs
    Options
    46 hours till weigh-in...

im really going to go in saturday and that might be my last workout of november.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Great job!
    Keep healthy and aim for Chinese New Year.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    JVClubs wrote: »

im really going to go in saturday and that might be my last workout of november.

Great! Where are the pics we were promised?
  • JVClubs
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    JVClubs wrote: »

Great! Where are the pics we were promised?

ill upload a couple today and today im 319 =/ i was hoping to be 316 or less, ugh....
  • harmar21
    harmar21 Posts: 215 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Wow that was pretty aggressive goal, even if you fall short you still did a fantastic job, 73 lbs in 5 months is nothing to scoff at.

I have the same goal, I started september at 345, with aim to be <300 by christmas/new years. currently 304... So I should make it for christmas, but I may be over 300lbs by new years from the holidays hah (mostly water weight).
  • JVClubs
    Options
    x4021iew2xjx.jpg

This is me at 413 in may
  • JVClubs
    Options
    po6yxwkiejgn.jpg
    x4021iew2xjx.jpg

This is me now at 319
    This is me at 413 in may