Sweetening Greek yogurt ?

Options
124»

Replies

• madbrainDotCom
    madbrainDotCom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I think you would be better being more concerned about putting yourself on a 1200 calorie a day goal (as a 38 year old man!) rather than sticking to an arbitrary sugar target.

I'm short for a man and my BMI is still 23.8 even after losing about 15 lbs in 2 months. MFP says I need 1910/day to maintain my weight.
    I don't think 1200 calories is an unreasonable target. I was able to meet that target for the first 6 weeks. Not quite the past couple weeks due to indulging a little more. But I hope to get it back down a bit again.
    Please don't get into the habit of referring to perfectly ordinary foods as unhealthy.

Well, I don't think you will see too many people calling sugar a health food. But as I said, it's more about the quantity as far as I am concerned.
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    frozen or fresh fruit -- your options are endless.

This. If you don't like the whole fruits in with the yogurt - blend them (or juice them) and then add the puree to the yogurt.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Can you try blending up some strawberries (or other berries) and mixing them in? The juices would be sufficient I think.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    1 teaspoon of sugar is 15 calories. How much were you planning on putting in?
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    sounds like you are pretty screwed as there is an excuse for just about every suggestion so far.

Also, this.

Either eat sugar or give up greek yogurt.
  • panchakshara
    panchakshara Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Have you tried molasses? It's easier on your blood sugar than refined sugar, and has high levels of iron, calcium, and magnesium. It results in a sort of sweet/savory greek yogurt and I love the color, it's so pretty!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I think you would be better being more concerned about putting yourself on a 1200 calorie a day goal (as a 38 year old man!) rather than sticking to an arbitrary sugar target.

I'm short for a man and my BMI is still 23.8 even after losing about 15 lbs in 2 months. MFP says I need 1910/day to maintain my weight.
    I don't think 1200 calories is an unreasonable target. I was able to meet that target for the first 6 weeks. Not quite the past couple weeks due to indulging a little more. But I hope to get it back down a bit again.
    Please don't get into the habit of referring to perfectly ordinary foods as unhealthy.

Well, I don't think you will see too many people calling sugar a health food. But as I said, it's more about the quantity as far as I am concerned.

Since when was fruit unhealthy? You do know sugar from fruit is different that refined right?