Whats your sport?

gym_king_carlie
gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
and why?

Mine now is Boxing and MMA, I love the discipline, my favourite sportsmen have been fighters, Mike Tyson, Fedor and Cain Velasquez to name a few.

Before I fell in love with the fighting, I was passionate about Rugby League, I played all my life and even played a few pro games.

Replies

• curling
  • no_russian
    no_russian Posts: 893 Member
    Football. Played it in high school and follow the NFL more than other pro leagues.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    I played soccer through since I was 4 through college. I still play in some men's leagues.

Other than that I would say mountain biking and skiing at the moment
  • Soccer! Because I play/played it all my life. Baseball because I love my Detroit Tigers! And Football because I love it! NFL & College :tongue:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Hockey

I am Canadian
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    I gave American Football (sorry I know you don't like that term as much as the English don't like the term soccer haha) but yeah I enjoyed it, the team folded but I would give it another go, very similar to Rugby.
  • wissabear
    wissabear Posts: 62 Member
    Field Hockey - Ive loved it since High school.
    Running - because I can do it anytime
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    hockey, rugby, football in that order

hockey ive played since i was a kid, rugby and football started in highschool and didnt pursue outside of school, though i do want to try out a mens league during the summer for rugby its just hard to find the time outside of work
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Baseball
    I grew up playing baseball and softball, still play softball. Also grew up watching the late 80s and early 90s Twins when Kirby and Hrbek played. I am also a stat nerd which baseball is great for. There isn't a better way to spend a nice summer day then in a ball park either playing or watching a game with friends/family.
  • JonnyMacAwesome
    JonnyMacAwesome Posts: 770 Member
    Hockey

I am Canadian

+1
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    I'm from the South.......FOOTBALL!

And baseball after the All-Star break.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    I played football, baseball, basketball, tennis and did track at a small HS...I typically like what sport is season and prefer college sports.

I also played a lot of golf after high school and like it too.
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Hockey

I am Canadian

This. But only to watch. I like to row and kayak.
  • Coltsforlife
    Coltsforlife Posts: 124
    I love to watch Boxing!! and Football , baseball and the Lakers
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    In school I played softball and basketball with alittle field hockey thrown in. I love football, soccer, ice hockey and car racing.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Taekwondo for the exercise, self defense and PRESSURE POINTS. I don't want to have to exert more energy than I have to when I'm at a disadvantage.
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Fishing is a sport, right??

To watch...football and hockey!
  • jacques57
    jacques57 Posts: 2,129 Member
    I rowed competitive crew for a few years, and still sea kayak and canoe whenever possible. I consider snorkeling a sport. I was captain of the Brown University Ultimate Frisbee team from 1976 to 1978. Mostly these days I hike in the Anza-Borrego desert.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    I play soccer, basketball and box, as well.

As far as "new" sports I'm into for fitness: I love pole dancing, rock climbing and snowboarding.

ETA: for the "Why"...in High School I played basketball because I was just good at it (Varsity team freshman year)...soccer I got into because it incorporated running, a lot, which I love, and I secretly enjoyed beating the all-Mexican teams because they thought they should win simply because it was "their sport". My family has always sat around watching the fights, so I got into boxing to release aggression and for fitness. Pole dancing works the ENTIRE body and it's fun. I've always liked climbing up trees/rocks/etc...so rock climbing is obvious. Snowboarding...well, I can't surf anymore like I used to...so living in Tahoe, I now snowboard.
  • Jim_G10
    Jim_G10 Posts: 132
    Golf - peace and quiet for 4 hours at a time....