Salmon Recipes!

Options
13»

Replies

• KLB325
    KLB325 Posts: 17
    Options
    I get the Icelandic salmon at Whole Foods. It's the best I've ever had. They also sell a seasoning blend I bought at Pike's Place in Seattle that you can get in the store. I sprinkle of that and a drizzle of olive oil and bake at 425 for 20 mins or so. Link for Spice:

https://www.pikeplacefish.com/buy/sauces-and-spices/show/our-own-rub/

If you have a Sendik's in your area, I give them the nest thumbs up on smoked salmon.
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I eat salmon in the Japanese style very often - just finished eating a piece, and since I put it in my lunch box I need the simplest thing possible, so I take a big side of salmon, salt it liberally on both sides, wrap in paper towels and plastic wrap, and put it in the fridge overnight. 24 hrs later, I cut it into 1 serving portions (abt 60g each raw in my case) and then wrap each one individually and freeze them inside a ziplock bag.

Then when you want a piece, they will thaw in the fridge over a day, on the counter in a hour or two or 1 min in the microwave. Then I usually broil them because it takes 5 mins or so, or you can pan sear without oil or if you're feeling fancy, dredge in flour and briefly fry it.

It's really cheap and easy.

spacedo, thanks for sharing your method with us! I will have to try this.
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I get the Icelandic salmon at Whole Foods. It's the best I've ever had. They also sell a seasoning blend I bought at Pike's Place in Seattle that you can get in the store. I sprinkle of that and a drizzle of olive oil and bake at 425 for 20 mins or so. Link for Spice:

https://www.pikeplacefish.com/buy/sauces-and-spices/show/our-own-rub/

If you have a Sendik's in your area, I give them the nest thumbs up on smoked salmon.

I agree, the Icelandic salmon at Whole Foods is THE BEST. So buttery and delicious.
  • bluejeans56
    Options
    This salmon is so easy....put in 350 oven for 15 minutes then take out and put about 1-2 tablespoons of pesto spread on top. Bake for another 5 minutes. That's it. Delicious.
  • mizztanjo
    mizztanjo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    A little late here....but I eat salmon every night and here's one I have tried a couple of times.

Simply mix a little bit of butter with pure maple syrup and stir. Then place over the salmon and cook. It is AMAZING! And simple.
  • angelajg2009
    Options
    Prism1938 recipe is delicious. I add some ginger to the marinade - gives it a little Asian flavor. This is also good with pork or chicken.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    If you like to grill This recipe is so good! Smokey and very moist. bonus the herb blend is great on other fish, chicken and pork.

http://soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2012/10/cedar-planked-salmon.html
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Favorite salmon recipe:

Combine:
    1 TBSP evoo
    2 TBSP Soy sauce (I use low sodium)
    2 mince garlic cloves
    1 TBSP Mirin (rice wine)
    2-3 scallions (cut in small pieces)
    Juice from .5 a lemon

Soak salmon (we use a whole salmon side but it works for any cut) for 20-30 minutes in a zip lock back with as much of the air out as possible.
    Remove salmon from marinade and place on a foil lined pan under a preheated broiler set to the highest setting for aprox 10 minutes per inch thick (if your salmon is about 1.5 inches thick it will take about 15 minutes, if it's 2 inches about 20, ect.).
    Salmon is done when it flakes easy with a fork.

I normally serve it over rice with some sort of veg to go with it.
  • Rideau
    Rideau Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We tried the salmon recipe with the marinade made of soya sauce, oil, water, garlic and brown sugar for dinner tonight. We are not fish lovers but this was delicious!
  • Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    LOVE SALMON. So so much.

Honestly - my favourite way to cook it is to buy the best quality I can afford, wrap it in tin foil and bake it for about 17-20 minutes at 180c.

Quick squeeze of lemon once it's done and I'm a happy camper :)

I usually have it with brocolli or pak choy and noodles or baked sweet potato.