Still hungry at the end of the day...ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    One cup of california blend vegetables is only 30 calories and is rather filling.
  • pinkaeryse
    pinkaeryse Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i schedule air popped popcorn for the evening. with my water intake, i am satisfied. 3 T of unpopped is approx. 5 c popped, and its 130 calories, and loads of fiber. cause who doesnt like healthy bm's?

good luck!
    :)
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    well some ideas are to add in a walk after dinner, drink lots more water and to call it an early night. I think it helps to have things like grapes or apples on hand so you can have them guilt free for around 100 calories. They can fill you up. I think it takes balance of more exercise to let you eat more
  • Scarecrowsama
    Scarecrowsama Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Here is a clue, why you feel hungry? maybe answering that question you will get your answer, ironic eh?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/susan-b-dopart-ms-rd/controlling-your-hunger-h_b_763600.html

If you feel hungry your body is telling you that it did not get the nutrients needed to run properly, in other words, the food that you eat is nutritionally deficient.

This is why you can eat a lot of some foods and you feel that you can get more. When I go to McDonald's I can eat "2000 calories" in one seating, but if I eat 3 eggs with some veggies cooked in butter I feel full. It does not only happen to me.

When we swallow our food our body is "checking" what does it contain and then sends the signal "ok, this is enough", when it doesn't find it is going to ask for more. Refined, processed foods do not have any nutrition, despite of what the label says.
  • mom2aeris
    mom2aeris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If I am *very* hungry, I will got get a yogurt or maybe some carrots to nibble on. If I am just a little hungry, I will drink some water and go either read a book or whatever to get my mind off it and eat in the morning. (Though this morning I woke up at six cuz I was so hungry! Lol)
  • tlbalto
    tlbalto Posts: 2
    Options
    I make a smoothie in the blender.. 1 cup fat free milk and frozen strawberries...it's filling and because the strawberries are frozen its like ice cream...I use blueberries also....enjoy!
  • tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Here is a clue, why you feel hungry? maybe answering that question you will get your answer, ironic eh?

If you feel hungry your body is telling you that it did not get the nutrients needed to run properly, in other words, the food that you eat is nutritionally deficient.

Well like I said, its such a rare occurrence and its not affecting my weight I'm not worried about it. We are talking once, maybe twice a month. I wasn't asking for help, I was just curious what others do. :)
  • Stopin_da_yoyo
    Stopin_da_yoyo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I use tbl of lemonjuice in my water wnd that curbs it for me.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Microwaved egg with salt, nutrigrain bar and / or bread and peanut butter
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    ?
    Microwaved egg with salt, nutrigrain bar and / or bread and peanut butter

Necroposting? Why?