What's the lowest carb alcoholic beverage?

Options
Crap! Beer has a ton of carbs right? I was thinking I would still be able to do really well with my low carb diet even tho we are going to a party. I can do a bun less burger, lots of veggies and skip the potato chips. but what about the alcohol? There will def be consumption of beer, wine, or a cocktail (or 5). What should I drink to have the lowest carb content per glass?

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Eat drink and have fun. Then carry on as normal the following day.
  • ZombieMom79
    ZombieMom79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wine spritzer cuts the calories. Also vodka, gin, tequila are usually lower in calories. And be accountability, try not to over fill your glass. I now actually measure out a 5 ounce glass of wine when I drink it. To easy to eyeball it and probably adding another 100 calories.
  • Scarecrowsama
    Scarecrowsama Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Did you know that drinking any small amount of alcohol can shut down your fat burning for days? It is simple, if you want to party, do it, accept the consequences, the whole idea of "moderation" does not work.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Diabetic here...I don't do carbs...straight rum, vodka, tequila. :drinker:

ETA:
    Miller lite has 3 g carb per 12 oz bottle
    Michelob Ultra may be a wee bit lower
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    everclear is best. google "get drunk not fat" and it gives an excellent breakdown
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Did you know that drinking any small amount of alcohol can shut down your fat burning for days? It is simple, if you want to party, do it, accept the consequences, the whole idea of "moderation" does not work.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Where on earth are you getting your information? It's hilarious.
  • Scarecrowsama
    Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WpaVxsZI1I
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Also, skip the mixers & go with crystal light lemon for 'sweet & sour', add stevia or sucralose as needed.
    You can also go with diet ginger ale.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

I know, right? There are many on this site that prove moderation works.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
  • huwrees
    huwrees Posts: 1
    Options
    Gin and Slimline Tonic has Zero carbs...:)
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I drink club soda with a lime wedge. It's refreshing and nobody knows you aren't drinking. Or you can choke down some skinny girl wine with club soda (a nasty version of a spritzer) or some Miller 64 if you like drinking pee-pee water.

Just drink one of what you really enjoy and drink club soda the rest of the time. Life's too short to drink swill over and over just to try to save some carbs.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I'll skip bread on my burger, cut out the fries, and I rarely eat chips, but i'll be damned if I drink crap beer. My favorites are around 250 calories per 12 ounces and I deal with it by working out a bit harder. No biggie. Life is too short.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

*points and laughs*
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'll skip bread on my burger, cut out the fries, and I rarely eat chips, but i'll be damned if I drink crap beer. My favorites are around 250 calories per 12 ounces and I deal with it by working out a bit harder. No biggie. Life is too short.

Werd!
  • DerekVTX
    DerekVTX Posts: 287 Member
    Options

I am sorry but can not agree with this post. I still have a beer a few days a week and have consistantly been losing 2 lbs a week. If I drink 4 beers and then do not eat for a day.....where do I get my energy from to live when my 400 calories are consumed by my body (In less than 4 hours?)........from my reserves (fat burning). Please do not stretch what I said though, I would not go a day without eating, but I try my best to keep all my calories within my goal (1820 Cal a day) even when I drink beer.

Moderation is what MFP is all about. You can eat anything you want in moderation (As long as it fits in your calorie goals). So again I disagree with your statement of "moderation does not work".
  • alibaba77
    alibaba77 Posts: 17
    Options
    Jose cuervo has a zero cal margarita mix, you only need to worry about tequila cal:)
  • DerekVTX
    DerekVTX Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Light beers are great when caloires are of a concern. I drink Corona Light (99 Calories per beer) mostly, but even Canadian 67 (67 Calories per beer) sometimes as well. Its a good alternative. Its not most peoples taste, but i also drink wiskey or rum with ice and water (64 Calories per shot)
  • JGonzo82
    JGonzo82 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

Sorry, but you are completely incorrect. Your statements are absurd.
  • Scarecrowsama
    Options

Sorry, but you are completely incorrect. Your statements are absurd.

Just watch the video that I posted and research, you are not giving any info, just attacking the person.