What is a "reasonable bedtime" to you?

Options

Replies

• cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Depends on work schedule...but for me... 2am.
  • Stopin_da_yoyo
    Stopin_da_yoyo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    2am
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids and my gym is open 24 hours so it's really all based on my work schedule.

When I was working in daycare and had to be up at 5am, I was falling asleep around 9 or 10pm.

When I worked afternoons/evenings as a bartender and had to work from 5pm to 1am, I was usually asleep around 4am and awake around 11am or noon!
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    idk..more than 5 mins seems reasonable i think
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I want 9:00 pm but it's usually 10:30-11:30. On workdays, I have to get up at 5:30 am so I need my full 8 hours to feel well rested but usually I'm not getting that much. I am quite the restless sleeper too. :/
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Since I like to rise early (4am), it's 9:30 for me.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    1130 or so is good for me.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    Any time between ten and midnight is reasonable for me. It's usually 11-11:30. I usually get up between 6-6:30.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to sleep more than 5/6 hours ( if i'm lucky and the insomnia gives me a break) no matter what time i go to bed. During the week bedtime is between 10pm and 1230am to be up at 6 for work and no matter what time i go to bed at the weekend I still get no more than 6 hours.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I am usually in bed between 8 and 10 pm.
  • Novus175
    Novus175 Posts: 80
    Options
    My weirdness is that I have to have an amount of sleep that is in increments of 90 minutes (because that works best with my sleep cycles) so I plan for either 7 1/2 or 9 hours. Most days I have to be up at 4:30am (to be at work by 6am) so bedtime is usually 9pm but sometimes 7:30pm. When I can sleep in until 6:30am, bedtime is usually 9:30pm.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I slept to 8:30 doday fro about 1am. I'm irratic. Sometimes I got to bed a 9:30, but usually watch tv until about 11PM, sometime's I go to sleep at midnight. Also, I get up at irratic times. Sometimes I just can't sleep and am up a 3am and sometimes, 5AM. Today was a treat, but I like what I can get done when I get up earlier. Older people like myself usually get up earlier. I'm forever running into others my age in the laundry room. l0l
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    7 hours before I have to get up.

if there's no time that I have to get up then I aim to get up around 8am, which means going to bed at 1am.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    it's not super unusual for me to fall asleep in the 7pm hour. typically though i like to be asleep before 9pm. i'm up at anywhere from 2am-3am though. i have a weird morning routine. well, not really weird, just earlier than most, due to work and wanting a lengthy run before work, and breakfast and coffee before that. hence the 2-3am wake up.

i like those morning hours though. it's so quiet and peaceful.
  • ashlivesjk
    ashlivesjk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Up at 4:30, and want my 7 hours, usually in around 8:30 - 9 Sunday - Thursday. The weekend comes, and who knows ;)
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit all over the place - but seem to average 1am to bed and up at about 6am. Three hours short of what I need .. But can't find those three hours anywhere!
  • LSinVA
    LSinVA Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I think anywhere from 10-11 pm is reasonable for most people (depending on your age or schedule). Although I don't usually stick with that. 11:30-12 is closer to the time I usually fall asleep. My husband is different, he knows he should go to bed earlier but can't do it. He's never in bed before 1am, more like 2-3am regardless of when he has to be up for work. I'm up at 7-8, usually. Everyone is different.
  • Celia_Arminta
    Celia_Arminta Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I try to aim for be asleep by 10. My bedtime routine works best if I start at 9 to shower, read and decompress from the day. I need that time to myself once the kids go to sleep. If I watch tv before bed I never go to sleep at a decent hour.
  • MikeandMaggie
    Options
    Usually about 1 am but it should be earlier. I think this week I will make it my goal to get to bed between 11 and 11:30. And no reading! (Unless I get to bed by say, 10:30).

This is my first time responding to the Comments in My Fitness Pal. I just joined, and I am looking forward to reading people's responses to things.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I go to bed a 9 M-F because I am up at 5:30 for work. On the weekends, we usually stay up until 10 or 10:30 and I sleep until I wake up. This morning it was 8:15 when I got up, but that's not that common for me, usually it's closer to 7 or 7:30, depending on our activity level the day before. Yesterday we spent the entire day putting up a fence and we were both exhausted.