Ben and Jerry's...you disappoint me

Options
13»

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Call them.

Their customer service is exemplary. Or at least it has been in the recent past.

802-846-1500

FB got me the quickest response; they were super nice, and offered me a new pint. :)
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    You guys must be eating really small portions of this stuff to have it fit in your calorie limit. I love premium ice cream but even a very small half cup serving has a lot of calories.

Not true.

Ben & Jerry's & Talenti have a higher calorie amount, but you can have a higher gram amount per serving than regular ice creams. With regular ice creams there's a smaller gram amount per serving but you can find some that have decent calories. It's not that hard to find some to fit into your diet calorie wise.

Yep. It's not hard to fit stuff either. An extra 20 minute walk, or creating a calorie deficit over the week to give you enough to not give a diddly one day.
  • stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    There are two greek frozen yogurt flavors I love.. Blueberry Vanilla Graham, and Banana Peanut Butter.
    I love anything coffee flavored too, so of course I love the Dublin Mudslide, Coffee Heath Bar Crunch, and Coffee, Coffee, Buzz Buzz Buzz!
    The absolute best however, is a seasonal flavor of Pumpkin Cheesecake. It is amazing!
  • SJKirk51912
    SJKirk51912 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    There are two greek frozen yogurt flavors I love.. Blueberry Vanilla Graham, and Banana Peanut Butter.
    I love anything coffee flavored too, so of course I love the Dublin Mudslide, Coffee Heath Bar Crunch, and Coffee, Coffee, Buzz Buzz Buzz!
    The absolute best however, is a seasonal flavor of Pumpkin Cheesecake. It is amazing!

What is this Pumpkin Cheesecake you speak of?!

It's Ben & Jerry's? I have never seen such a thing but I am now super excited. I will be stalking my shelves come fall or ordering for delivery if need be.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options

What is this Pumpkin Cheesecake you speak of?!

It's Ben & Jerry's? I have never seen such a thing but I am now super excited. I will be stalking my shelves come fall or ordering for delivery if need be.

Yes!! Bizarrely, I saw it for the first time just a couple of weeks ago (seasonal pumpkin ice cream in June??). I bought 2 pints ;). I'm not a huge sweets person, though, so I can do the 1/2C serving no problemo, thankfully - I still have 1.5 pints left, which is good because I'm rationing it ;).
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Since they only made the BEST ICE CREAM EVER for one year (like 1999, R.I.P. Holy Cannoli), my next favorite choices are:

*Chocolate Fudge Brownie
    *New York Super Fudge Chunk
    *any of the newer Core ones (Hazed & Confused, Salted Caramel being the best of those)

Love that the Fudge Brownie comes in that teeny tiny serving size at my grocery store so I have built-in portion control :)

Edited to add: Just realized you were asking for froyo recommendations...Oops! I don't eat that :(

That's OK, Chocolate Fudge Brownie comes in fro--yo. And it's the only frozen yogurt that I think is good enough to eat. Nice and chocolately. Main difference from the regular ice cream is that it's not as creamy, unlike other chocolate fro-yos that sacrifice both satisfying chocolate flavor AND the nice creamy texture.
  • prism1968
    prism1968 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Since they only made the BEST ICE CREAM EVER for one year (like 1999, R.I.P. Holy Cannoli), my next favorite choices are:

*Chocolate Fudge Brownie
    *New York Super Fudge Chunk
    *any of the newer Core ones (Hazed & Confused, Salted Caramel being the best of those)

Love that the Fudge Brownie comes in that teeny tiny serving size at my grocery store so I have built-in portion control :)

Edited to add: Just realized you were asking for froyo recommendations...Oops! I don't eat that :(

That's OK, Chocolate Fudge Brownie comes in fro--yo. And it's the only frozen yogurt that I think is good enough to eat. Nice and chocolately. Main difference from the regular ice cream is that it's not as creamy, unlike other chocolate fro-yos that sacrifice both satisfying chocolate flavor AND the nice creamy texture.

Ohhhh, good to know! I'll have to try that one next grocery run :)
  • pinkiecarrie
    pinkiecarrie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I second cinnamon buns and pumpkin cheesecake (seasonal). I also have to add strawberry cheesecake. Yum!
  • sdouglas0728
    sdouglas0728 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That's a good coupon! I wouldn't have been able to resist!
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    Welp. Almost a week, and not a peep from Ben and Jerry's about following up on my ticket that I put in. They said they get a ton of mail in and they take a while, but I had feedback from Walmart about a billing issue in two seconds flat during Christmas, and that was a crazy time.
    I believe I have been forgotten. Even more disappointment.

Boooooooooooooo.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    My fav is the Milk & Cookies flavor. I prefer a lighter ice cream though, so I blend it up with a bunch of ice, and then refreeze it. I hope B&J does right by you and sends you that coupon.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,683 Member
    Options
    Always been a Chunkey Monkey fan, but liking the new Hazed and Confused Core ice creams.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    chunky monkey!

oh man. bananas, chocolate, walnuts...

i havent bought ben and jerrys for a long time.

they used to have the best berry sorbet in the world but i can never find it anymore.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    id bet you they were switching flavors on the production line

newsflash.... perfection is a dream.